Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

DrB

Benchwarmer
Shumpert is the REAL DEAL

We have a very exciting team.

Shumpert will add to it greatly!

That's all I'm saying.. :cool:
All the great players came into the league very, very good and quickly became the cream on their teams...SHUMPERT will be the cream and Amare and Carmelo treated him that way when he came back to the bench. They have confidence in him.:agreed:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I_am_Iman: Lol I apologize for shooting a layup on the break haha. Thas the last time...next time I'll be clear for takeoff. I was too excited to think.

He played good today, but he's right he should have dunked it when he got a clear path. :D

iSaYughh

Starter
Tyson Chandler is making a strong bid for coach of the year. It is just amazing to watch how much he is coaching the rest of the team on defense, especially with regards to communicating on the floor.

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Exactamundo. It's no mystery that this would have a good chance of happening, as this precise situation:

quality, very respected, defensively-committed and passionate player coming to a talented team of athletically able, yet defensively lax players and transforming the entire culture of defense of the players on the floor, especially younger stars.

Is textbook.

Amazing to see it already manifesting on the court for us.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Yea and he (chandler) has a newly earned ring so when he speaks everyone has to respect it, even the coach.

Last edited:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Latrell Sprewell 2.0

Ouch... I mean I love Spree but he could only dribble with 1 hand. Don't think of Iman now but 2-3 years from now when he knows a few tricks. I like what I see but I'm still holding out till All Star break to give a real verdict.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
I am not the THREADSTARTER...I am the FIRESTARTER

And IMAN SHUMPERT is gonna LIGHT the GARDEN on FIRE!!!!!!!

Starting 2nite!!!!!

BTW, much love to the Sprewell 2.0 comment, I do not think it was about a particular on-court skill set. It was about playing with PASSION.

And do not forget about his alter-ego:

IMAM SHUMPERT

playing in the MECCA of basketball.

Not just Baron Davis, but the whole team should grow beards this season.

It will build esprit de corpes and scare the living daylights out of opponents.

KingCharles34

All Star
Latrell Sprewell 2.0

I love that comparison bro...I think this year hes gonna be a little inconsistent but eventually hes gonna be one of the better shooting guards in the NBA. With all the pain and suffering we endured during the past 10 years we finally have made it back to the top and motherFUKK whatever teams we gotta go through

tyson.gif

fender0577

Rotation player
I really hope I'm wrong but if you look at our track record... We'll trade him in a year or 2 and then he'll come back and drop 30 on us... on a regular basis.

Get em Shump.
Wow, that would be terrible, but i haven't seen a 6'5 guard with this kind of lateral movement since D-wade.His hops look of the charts, that's good but i hope he learns that u can't out jump everyone early in his career, and keeps working on his mid range jumper.After seeing him pre-season he needs to work on shot selection, and he'll be great.PS he is not a PG, his scoring looks like his strong point, and i think he could learn a lot from Melo.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Definitely. I thought he'd be better than Wade by 1/3rd of next season, but we may witness an explosion by the Eastern Conference Finals this year.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Chicago gets plenty of those BS calls, I recall at least three fouls (except of that T above) where a Bulls got a couple of FTs for not even being touched. All those star calls are fukked up, but I realize Melo/STAT/Lin also get them...

knicksgreece

Benchwarmer
I don't know if he is suitable for ROY but it's wrong people not naming even a contester.

All this other rookies,like Irving,Isaiah Thomas or Walker play for really bad teams that encourage them to take shots as a ''build for the future'' plan.Instead Iman plays for a great franchise with pressure and criticism for the bad start.And unlike other rookies that hit the wall he gets better and better every game.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
He should really be number 2 in ROY voting after Irving he's a beast and will be the best perimeter defender in the next year or 2

hahahahaha u gonna have to take that one up with the threadstarter. It reminds me of draft night, after Marshon Brooks was picked everybody on one of the basketball forums (cant remember which one) kept sayin hes the next Kobe.

Well Marshon has a better rookie year than Kobe had so he is on the right track so far.

fender0577

Rotation player
He should really be number 2 in ROY voting after Irving he's a beast and will be the best perimeter defender in the next year or 2
IMO, he already is, name someone better guarding 1 on 1.He takes pride in people scoring on him, and i love it, he reminds me of STARKS, fearless.:peace:

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont get all these Starks comparisons, Shump is stronger, more athletic, and just straight up better. Fields should be compared more to Starks, where as Shump is more like Sprewell but an even better version. Shump will be far greater then all them

fender0577

Rotation player
I dont get all these Starks comparisons, Shump is stronger, more athletic, and just straight up better. Fields should be compared more to Starks, where as Shump is more like Sprewell but an even better version. Shump will be far greater then all them
:agreed:With everything you just said(With the exception of the 3 ball).As far as the comparison, i think we see the same fearless attitude that STARKS had , that's all.But i agree he's better everywhere else.:beer:

p0nder

Starter
I think Spreewell is a fair comparison right now. Athletic finishers with solid perimiter defense. I think shump has a higher ceiling though and could be on a path to greatness.