View Poll Results: Should he play with the flat-top?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 73.47%
  • No

2 4.08%
  • GO BALD

1 2.04%
  • Cornrows

1 2.04%
  • Go back to last year's hair

5 10.20%
  • Greaser pompadour

4 8.16%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Iman Shumpert Thread

Definitely. I thought he'd be better than Wade by 1/3rd of next season, but we may witness an explosion by the Eastern Conference Finals this year.

Look at this BULL**** technical from our Future HOFer

Chicago gets plenty of those BS calls, I recall at least three fouls (except of that T above) where a Bulls got a couple of FTs for not even being touched. All those star calls are ****ed up, but I realize Melo/STAT/Lin also get them...

I don't know if he is suitable for ROY but it's wrong people not naming even a contester.

All this other rookies,like Irving,Isaiah Thomas or Walker play for really bad teams that encourage them to take shots as a ''build for the future'' plan.Instead Iman plays for a great franchise with pressure and criticism for the bad start.And unlike other rookies that hit the wall he gets better and better every game.

He should really be number 2 in ROY voting after Irving he's a beast and will be the best perimeter defender in the next year or 2

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    hahahahaha u gonna have to take that one up with the threadstarter. It reminds me of draft night, after Marshon Brooks was picked everybody on one of the basketball forums (cant remember which one) kept sayin hes the next Kobe.
    Well Marshon has a better rookie year than Kobe had so he is on the right track so far.

Superstar

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    He should really be number 2 in ROY voting after Irving he's a beast and will be the best perimeter defender in the next year or 2
    IMO, he already is, name someone better guarding 1 on 1.He takes pride in people scoring on him, and i love it, he reminds me of STARKS, fearless.

I dont get all these Starks comparisons, Shump is stronger, more athletic, and just straight up better. Fields should be compared more to Starks, where as Shump is more like Sprewell but an even better version. Shump will be far greater then all them

Superstar

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I dont get all these Starks comparisons, Shump is stronger, more athletic, and just straight up better. Fields should be compared more to Starks, where as Shump is more like Sprewell but an even better version. Shump will be far greater then all them
    With everything you just said(With the exception of the 3 ball).As far as the comparison, i think we see the same fearless attitude that STARKS had , that's all.But i agree he's better everywhere else.

I think Spreewell is a fair comparison right now. Athletic finishers with solid perimiter defense. I think shump has a higher ceiling though and could be on a path to greatness.

Shumps already neck and neck with Wade, thats just how I see it. RunningJump and I have been closely monitoring this situation. Shumps got the all around game, hes a better 3 point shooter then Wade and a better defender

Shumpert is a heck of a player and has a very bright future, but lets cool it with the dwayne wade comparisons. Wade is a finals mvp and a top 10 player in the league. This is not a knock on shump at all, wade is just at another level. Hopefully, in a few years with a little more seasoning shump will be at this level. With him, melo, stat, lin, and chandler we will have the potential to be a dominant team.

When was the last time Knicks developed a HOF player through draft? Was it Ewing?

Anyway, Shump has a lot of upsides but he is quite a HOF player yet. You gotta love the positive energy here.

You guys are hilarious, while i respect your humble approach its time to B Real like Cypress Hill....Shump has already done enough to get his jersey retired at MSG. Its not long before hes better then Wade. Hes already surpassed Ginobili, Brandon Roy if he was still playing. 3rd best SG in the league, and its getting very close between Shumpert and Wade.

I've already seen the Shump Dump Truck do things Wade has never done

@alahnhahn: "@Ryan_Post5: @alanhahn You think Woodson knows Shumpert's actual name?" You mean it's not "Rook"?