Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Go back to last year's hair

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Greaser pompadour

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

KingCharles34

All Star
Shumps already neck and neck with Wade, thats just how I see it. RunningJump and I have been closely monitoring this situation. Shumps got the all around game, hes a better 3 point shooter then Wade and a better defender

Shumpert is a heck of a player and has a very bright future, but lets cool it with the dwayne wade comparisons. Wade is a finals mvp and a top 10 player in the league. This is not a knock on shump at all, wade is just at another level. Hopefully, in a few years with a little more seasoning shump will be at this level. With him, melo, stat, lin, and chandler we will have the potential to be a dominant team.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
When was the last time Knicks developed a HOF player through draft? Was it Ewing?

Anyway, Shump has a lot of upsides but he is quite a HOF player yet. You gotta love the positive energy here.

KingCharles34

All Star
You guys are hilarious, while i respect your humble approach its time to B Real like Cypress Hill....Shump has already done enough to get his jersey retired at MSG. Its not long before hes better then Wade. Hes already surpassed Ginobili, Brandon Roy if he was still playing. 3rd best SG in the league, and its getting very close between Shumpert and Wade.

I've already seen the Shump Dump Truck do things Wade has never done

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@alahnhahn: "@Ryan_Post5: @alanhahn You think Woodson knows Shumpert's actual name?" You mean it's not "Rook"?

:teeth:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Shumpert

I love Shumpert's game, but offensively he is no Wade yet. Though he appears to be improving, he seems to have trouble finishing.

Clyde once pointed out that though he is getting to the paint, Shumpert does not know what to do with the ball when he gets there and as a result appears to be throwing up prayers. I sometimes wonder whether his hands are big enough to control the ball adequately. Last night he made his first 4 shots, but was 6 for 15 overall and most of his misses or blocked shots were at the rim.

KingCharles34

All Star
rrjjpz.jpg

RealNYK78

Rookie
Been a Longtime...and this post is why....

This fan forum needs a mandatory drug testing for some of these post... Iman is very athletic n defensive player with alot of upside...he did things that MJ didn't do in college better than Wade n Bryant LOL 1st of he still learning to play relax..I know it been long ling time since KNicks drat a decent kid that CAN jump n play defense..but relax...Let kid PLAY

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Que pasa

Shump will be shump, when will he come back to us? I think next season will be a rehab year for him but we will see Shump doing Shumpy things again in 2013-2014

metrocard

Legend
Do you think the injury will decrease Shumpert's athletic attributes? His speed, agility, and strength were a huge asset to his game...he's LeBron/Wade like at the SG position IMO, a physical specimen who can overpower you (speed and strength)

Shumpert has skill, but he's the type of player with more athletic attributes than skill, IMO. Hopefully he comes back 100% and better.

Paul1355

All Star
All things Iman aqui.

I am always worried when a player that leans on his athleticism suffers a knee injury. We saw what happened with Antonio Mcdyss and Allan Houston. They would have been different players without knee problems.

However, Shumpert is young and physical beast that should recover.

If he can be just as aggressive as he was last year and not be afraid to drive to the hoop because of his injury, then he could be an allstar.

I don't know who to compare him to but he can be all team defense and average 18 ppg possibly IMO.

Shump is built like a smaller Lebron, dude is a beast and I see him being a standout phenom. I am happy we didn't trade him for Nash.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I think his athletic attributes will be curtailed immediately after his return because he will need some time to develop his normal comfort on the knee. But 2013-2014 should see him back to full strength.

His game is based more on athleticism than skill, but that's not to say he is not skilled. He's a hardworking player and is not afraid of giving effort on defense, and that's his saving grace. Because of his effort and work ethic, he will be one of the guys that makes a successful transition from the explosive game of his youth to the more controlled and technical game for his later years.

I don't know how the recovery from this injury works, but maybe he can develop some consistent jumpshot.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I think his athletic attributes will be curtailed immediately after his return because he will need some time to develop his normal comfort on the knee. But 2013-2014 should see him back to full strength.

His game is based more on athleticism than skill, but that's not to say he is not skilled. He's a hardworking player and is not afraid of giving effort on defense, and that's his saving grace. Because of his effort and work ethic, he will be one of the guys that makes a successful transition from the explosive game of his youth to the more controlled and technical game for his later years.

I don't know how the recovery from this injury works, but maybe he can develop some consistent jumpshot.
^^^ i can rep this, great post and i agree.

I hope he comes back even stronger, the kid has potential and if he can stay healthy he can make alot of noise in the future.