View Poll Results: Should he play with the flat-top?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 73.47%
  • No

2 4.08%
  • GO BALD

1 2.04%
  • Cornrows

1 2.04%
  • Go back to last year's hair

5 10.20%
  • Greaser pompadour

4 8.16%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Iman Shumpert Thread

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @alahnhahn: "@Ryan_Post5: @alanhahn You think Woodson knows Shumpert's actual name?" You mean it's not "Rook"?

is Alan Hahn not the greatest or what, his twitter is comedic genius

Superstar

Default Shumpert

I love Shumpert's game, but offensively he is no Wade yet. Though he appears to be improving, he seems to have trouble finishing.

Clyde once pointed out that though he is getting to the paint, Shumpert does not know what to do with the ball when he gets there and as a result appears to be throwing up prayers. I sometimes wonder whether his hands are big enough to control the ball adequately. Last night he made his first 4 shots, but was 6 for 15 overall and most of his misses or blocked shots were at the rim.

Default Been a Longtime...and this post is why....

This fan forum needs a mandatory drug testing for some of these post... Iman is very athletic n defensive player with alot of upside...he did things that MJ didn't do in college better than Wade n Bryant LOL 1st of he still learning to play relax..I know it been long ling time since KNicks drat a decent kid that CAN jump n play defense..but relax...Let kid PLAY

I dont know if this has been posted, but funny ass must read interview with shump from yesterday...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Iman classified 6th among all rookies according to NBA.com: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Good time to up this, we're about to see Shumpert take the 2nd best SG in the league crown from Wade starting on Saturday

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Iman classified 6th among all rookies according to NBA.com: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    pretty damn good for the 16th pick

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    pretty damn good for the 17th pick
    Fixed it for ya.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Nyk Logo 2012-13 Iman Shumpert Player Performance and News Thread

All things Iman aqui.
    Last edited by metrocard; Nov 02, 2012 at 07:31.

Que pasa

Shump will be shump, when will he come back to us? I think next season will be a rehab year for him but we will see Shump doing Shumpy things again in 2013-2014

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Do you think the injury will decrease Shumpert's athletic attributes? His speed, agility, and strength were a huge asset to his game...he's LeBron/Wade like at the SG position IMO, a physical specimen who can overpower you (speed and strength)

Shumpert has skill, but he's the type of player with more athletic attributes than skill, IMO. Hopefully he comes back 100% and better.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    All things Iman aqui.
    I am always worried when a player that leans on his athleticism suffers a knee injury. We saw what happened with Antonio Mcdyss and Allan Houston. They would have been different players without knee problems.

However, Shumpert is young and physical beast that should recover.

If he can be just as aggressive as he was last year and not be afraid to drive to the hoop because of his injury, then he could be an allstar.

I don't know who to compare him to but he can be all team defense and average 18 ppg possibly IMO.

Shump is built like a smaller Lebron, dude is a beast and I see him being a standout phenom. I am happy we didn't trade him for Nash.

I think his athletic attributes will be curtailed immediately after his return because he will need some time to develop his normal comfort on the knee. But 2013-2014 should see him back to full strength.

His game is based more on athleticism than skill, but that's not to say he is not skilled. He's a hardworking player and is not afraid of giving effort on defense, and that's his saving grace. Because of his effort and work ethic, he will be one of the guys that makes a successful transition from the explosive game of his youth to the more controlled and technical game for his later years.

I don't know how the recovery from this injury works, but maybe he can develop some consistent jumpshot.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I think his athletic attributes will be curtailed immediately after his return because he will need some time to develop his normal comfort on the knee. But 2013-2014 should see him back to full strength.

His game is based more on athleticism than skill, but that's not to say he is not skilled. He's a hardworking player and is not afraid of giving effort on defense, and that's his saving grace. Because of his effort and work ethic, he will be one of the guys that makes a successful transition from the explosive game of his youth to the more controlled and technical game for his later years.

I don't know how the recovery from this injury works, but maybe he can develop some consistent jumpshot.
    ^^^ i can rep this, great post and i agree.

I hope he comes back even stronger, the kid has potential and if he can stay healthy he can make alot of noise in the future.