Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Go back to last year's hair

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Greaser pompadour

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
He's been cleared for full contact practice.

We'll probably see him about a week a part between he and Felton. Not sure when Sheed will be back but we're almost at full health.

"I live for games last night, see you soon Boston. "

-Iman Shumpert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Thank u! Brewer can ride the pine. We do have a damn deep team when felton comes back. I like the shumpert kidd backcourt

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

All I'm expecting from Shump is his defense. I don't want him trying to do more than we need him to do. Just leave the worries of scoring for his teammates and focus on guarding that parimeter and pressuring the other teams PG's/SG's. Imo, to want anything more is a bit unfair. What ever else he gives other than good defense will be a bonus.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
All I'm expecting from Shump is his defense. I don't want him trying to do more than we need him to do. Just leave the worries of scoring for his teammates and focus on guarding that parimeter and pressuring the other teams PG's/SG's. Imo, to want anything more is a bit unfair. What ever else he gives other than good defense will be a bonus.
I agree with you to a degree, I want Shump to develop into a 15 PPG player that can play elite D, He's very explosive and has talent

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Ideally i'd like to see Shump in his prime become Iggy with less scoring but better shooting.

Elite defender that can shoot the 3 ball and act as a legit 2nd option playmaker. Gets some boards and contributes all around on both ends of the floor.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Ideally i'd like to see Shump in his prime become Iggy with less scoring but better shooting.

Elite defender that can shoot the 3 ball and act as a legit 2nd option playmaker. Gets some boards and contributes all around on both ends of the floor.

Those are some pretty low expectations you got there.

metrocard

Legend

Well, I expect good defense from Shumpert, but I do want to see him get involved as a spot up shooter. We know Shumpert can slash to the basket with execution, he'll be a good asset just to have because Melo mixes it up with his scoring, Felton penetrates and Chandler is always inside the paint. If Shumpert can be a consistent 35-37% 3pt shooter, we really become stronger on spacing the floor...we kinda look lost sometimes because Brewer only takes wide open threes and he doesn't make a lot of them (32% 3pt shooter this season, 26% for his career)

I do expect him to be a bit better in the scoring department but not someone that will be the second scoring option. He is a good slasher but i dont know how much the injury has impacted that part of his game. If i was him i would be working on my jumpshot and fashioning my ability to get to the hole into trips to the free throw line. Everything else will developed with experience and playing time. I just dont want him to come back chucking up ill advised shots, just play that defense i know he can and let the game come his way. Dont rush be patient. He has yet to show a real consistant offensive game....and we don't need him to...yet.

metrocard

Legend
Shumpert may debut in London against the Pistons.

Iman Shumpert (knee) has been cleared to return and is targeting Thursday against the Pistons in London for his season debut.

Good news folks.

metrocard

Legend
ass.gif

metrocard

Legend
large_shump.jpg

http://knicksnow.com/posts/2458/shump-eyes-return-in-london#.UPSeMonjnF9

A clean cut and reshaped flattop with three lines on the side signified something special for Iman Shumpert.

Last week, Shumpert told KnicksNow.com he would not slice his flattop when he returned to the floor but he would feature a special cut for his debut. After a lengthy practice session that included full-court three-on-three games, Shumpert looks poised to hit the floor in London.

?We will see how he feels tomorrow,? head coach Mike Woodson stated. We just have to make sure he doesn?t have any setbacks and if not, he will play on Thursday against the Pistons.?

Shumpert joined Amar?e Stoudemire, James White, Ronnie Brewer, and Chris Copeland in a fast pace pick-up game on Monday afternoon. On one play, the second-year guard threw a behind the back pass to Stoudemire in transition for the one-handed dunk.

?I feel like I?m in pretty good shape. I was pretty good in three-on-three with the open space you have to do a lot more running. I think I?m in pretty good shape,? Shumpert explained.

Basketball is a major part of Shumpert?s life and when the opportunity to play was ripped away from him in Miami during last year?s playoffs; he certainly felt the pain both mentally and physically. Following today?s workout, Shumpert spent some time alone on the sidelines to truly reflect on his achievement.

?Coming up in London, my first chance to play ball again, it?s been a long time,? Shumpert said with some emotion. ?I was really happy but sort of in awe at the same time that I made it through all that I made it through.?

The Knicks will hold practice sessions in London prior to facing the Pistons on Thursday afternoon at 3 PM Eastern Time. Stay tuned to KnicksNow.com for comprehensive coverage.

Kiyaman

Legend
All I want from a SECOND-SEASON Shump .. is to use his best skills to help compliment Felton & rookie-Pablo in the backcourt on both ends of the court.
Shump havnt played a minute with any of our 3 PG, making Shump the new guy to the team.

I dont want any "one on one" performance on offense or defense from Shump .. this is a weakness Woody has to stop this team from doing before Shump return .. when Shump return I want Shump to play Team-Offense (ball-movement with picks & screens), and Team-Defense on the passin-lane and peremeter.

Our biggest weakness this season are injury, injury, injury, and more injuries

Kiyaman

Legend
Well for starters, he won't be half the bitch wade is :peace:

In the last three seasons "D.Wade" has been the number-1 SG in the NBA ..
No SG has match D.Wade intensity or team-spirit in competiveness.
D.Wade & Harden did something Kobe has a problem doing, taking the back-seat so two of his teammates could take the frontseat.

All of Shump's athletic-skills would be define to all-star status working-out with D.Wade in the offseason.
I did expect "Shump & Jeremy Lin" to be in our backcourt for the next six seasons, being tutored by various all-star veterans such as Jason Kidd & Baron Davis.

KingCharles34

All Star
In the last three seasons "D.Wade" has been the number-1 SG in the NBA ..
No SG has match D.Wade intensity or team-spirit in competiveness.
D.Wade & Harden did something Kobe has a problem doing, taking the back-seat so two of his teammates could take the frontseat.

All of Shump's athletic-skills would be define to all-star status working-out with D.Wade in the offseason.
I did expect "Shump & Jeremy Lin" to be in our backcourt for the next six seasons, being tutored by various all-star veterans such as Jason Kidd & Baron Davis.

Stop it Slime
stopit.png

I dont know many people that would consider Wade to be better the Kobe over the past 3 years. Many bandwagoners were saying Wade was better then Kobe in 06 when the Heat won the championship. If thats the case then Kobe has lapped Wade...Mario Kart....Super Nintendo.

Bringing Harden into this makes no sense at all. Durant and Westbrook we're both there before Harden, they were considered all star caliber players before he was. So of course hes gonna take the backseat to Durant and westbrick.

Kobe to this point has had no reason to take a back seat to anyone. Hes scoring just about 30 points a game more efficiently then ever before. I do think he shoulda let Bynum get a few more touches a game but thats not a good enough reason for me to agree that Wade and Harden are both better. Hardens closer at this point. Wade knows himself hes basically a shorter, poor mans Lebron. A few more fun facts about Wade, he was recently benched in the 4th quarter of a game. Hes averaging 20 points a game, the lowest since his rookie season. While he was shooting 52% the last time i checked, just imagine how much that would drop down if he still had to lead a team. Speaking of leading a team, he recently said he misses taking 20 to 25 shots a game. Thats something he misses "everyday."

[Columbo]Oh just one more thing[/Columbo] Even in 2006 when the Heat won the championship, Wade averaged i think 10 or 11 free throw attempts a game and took more free throws then the whole Mavericks team, earning himself the nickname Dwayne Whistle. I dont think this guy was ever better then Kobe and i dont think he'll ever be better then Kobe.