Marv Albert is replaced by Mike Breen

rady

Administrator
Staff member
While MSG Network officially named Mike Breen the voice of the Knicks on TV yesterday, the man he replaced has yet to find another local job. "I can't say a thing," Marv Albert said during a recent conversation. Albert, who left MSG after a dispute with management over the content of the game broadcast and money, likes to stay sharp by doing a local team. With Ian Eagle seemingly entrenched with the Nets, YES doesn't appear to be an option. Albert declined to say if there were other options. Albert, who calls Monday Night Football on radio, will still be the voice of the NBA on TNT.

http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1252

starpula

Benchwarmer
It is a damn shame what they did to Albert. Him and Clyde were the best listen in all of sports, next to Bob Murphy. Breen is pretty good too, though.

I always thought that Albert screwed Breen by coming back the last time. But, it's obvious what's going on with young Dolan given that the press release never even mentioned who Breen is replacing.

Tuesday Plug: If you're in the Tri-State area and can pick up the signal, listen in and call in to talk a little Knicks in September to my Commercial-Free Sports Talk radio show TONIGHT from 9PM to 11PM on Long Island's 90.3FM. Thanks!

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
Marv was definitely THEE MAN, but Mike Breen has established himself quite nicely in the broadcast world.I think he's great with Walton,and even better on MSG."There's a steal by Marbury -over to Houston for the threee!!...BANG! " NY vs MAVS overtime game -what a moment and what a call by Breen.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Yea that Mavs game quote you posted is Breens best ever...
With that quote Breen is to "BANG" like Marv Albert is to "YES" and to me "BANG!" is better than "YES"

But the "YES" Network would be dumb not to use Marv Albert and his "YES" to market themselves

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
Yeah,I guess that call by Breen was equivalent to the Jordan dunk that changed into a finger roll in mid -air vs.LA "OH!!! What a gorgeous move by Jordan!! " You can play those two back to back and Breen is right up there with Marv on that one.........P.S. I LOVE CLYDE and his great color commentating-he's unique and flashy,like his game was.Not the best,but I love him nonetheless.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Marv was a pretty good commentator can't front. He been announcing games for as long as I can remember being a Knicks fan. But I know I can't be the only one who got annoyed with him sometimes. I caught him quite a few times talking shit about the Knicks while commentaring the game, sometimes I thought if I was there next to him I would smack him upside the head. Was I the only one that felt that way???