STAT Has No Interest In Baron Davis: "We don't need setbacks"

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Amar?e Stoudemire was in no mood to make any recruiting pitches. If anything, the power forward has only one prerequisite of any player the Knicks add via free agency: Be in shape and ready to play.

So despite mutual interest between guard Baron Davis and the front office, Stoudemire suggested that his preference would be to pass on the 32-year-old, who has a lower- back injury.

?This guy?s out for eight to 10 weeks, he?s not our concern at all,? Stoudemire said of Davis, who was waived by the Cavaliers on Wednesday. ?We can?t do anything about his injury. Right now we can?t afford to have any setbacks. We have a positive thing going. We feel great about our guys. Everybody?s healthy, so we?ve just got to keep it going.?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/stoudemire-not-interested-in-baron-davis/

He's got a point!

Adding a new player late could disrupt the cohesion we have so little time to achieve.

After last season's complete overhaul, perhaps Amar'e is 'once bitten, twice shy'?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Thanks Stat!!!!

that is what leadership is about!!!

No disrespect to BD, but what do you do with a player who is out for 8 weeks minimum after a long off season?

He would just be another Keleena Azabuike!

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
The good thing about this is he is not our GM. We need a point guard and a 3point shooter to replace Shawne Williams. We are 2-3 players away from having a legit bench let?s not sit idle and let the rest of the available scrubs get signed by our opposition.

p0nder

Starter
8-10 weeks is a long ass time and a herniated disk is serious business. I'd also pass but when he's healthy Bdavis is a good player

p0nder

Starter
8-10 weeks is a long ass time and a herniated disk is serious business. I'd also pass but when he's healthy Bdavis is a good player

paris401

Starter
i wouldn't want that fat-fuk if he was only goin to be out 8-10mins..

fuk him and his shit-dont-stink attitude....

Kiyaman

Legend
So Amare do have some "say-so" in Grunwald signings.....giving Bibby the
MLE (ridiculous). We have to put Fields or TD in the backcourt with Bibby
poor-poor defense on the peremeter/defending passin lanes....
Lastseason, Hawks & Heat got tired of teams out scoring on them everytime
Bibby were in the game....and we gave Bibby the MLE

Mephis headcoach Hollins is nuts....he let Battier, and PG-Ish-Smith walk.
The Knicks better pickup PG-Ish-Smith speed, passin skills to add 5 more
assist per game off the bench.
Ish-Smith & Shump off the bench in the backcourt (young-inexperience)
would still damage alot of 2nd unit guards with their speed, high IQ on
offense/defense (future guards).

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
So Amare do have some "say-so" in Grunwald signings.....giving Bibby the
MLE (ridiculous). We have to put Fields or TD in the backcourt with Bibby
poor-poor defense on the peremeter/defending passin lanes....
Lastseason, Hawks & Heat got tired of teams out scoring on them everytime
Bibby were in the game....and we gave Bibby the MLE

Mephis headcoach Hollins is nuts....he let Battier, and PG-Ish-Smith walk.
The Knicks better pickup PG-Ish-Smith speed, passin skills to add 5 more
assist per game off the bench.
Ish-Smith & Shump off the bench in the backcourt (young-inexperience)
would still damage alot of 2nd unit guards with their speed, high IQ on
offense/defense (future guards).

Seeing as we didn't have the MLE available that does not make sense. I am pretty sure we signed Bibby using the Vet Min. I am not thrilled with the signing either. Hopefully Douglas improves and Shumpert emerges limiting Bibby's minutes as the season moves on.

iSaYughh

Starter
Seeing as we didn't have the MLE available that does not make sense. I am pretty sure we signed Bibby using the Vet Min. I am not thrilled with the signing either. Hopefully Douglas improves and Shumpert emerges limiting Bibby's minutes as the season moves on.

Lmao. Ya, you're new but already hit the nail on the head when it comes to trusting a Kiawrong post: "that does not make sense". Expect the expected. :beer:

Bibby is of course a 1 year, veteran's minimum deal.

Ish Smith, though, would be a pretty nice addition. :smokin:

In all honesty, we're just rolling the dice on PG this year; we have a stable of young, talented guards; we'll see what develops, coach up Melo's point-forward capabilities along the way, and look to hopefully be able to use a real MLE type contract to a PG next year if necessary.

This will be a good litmus test on MDA in many ways. Defensively, of course, with Chandler here (his first legit center in a while); offensively, with the disparate blend of firepower we have; and his PG savvy, and all around offensive excellence, given our lack of a real legitimate starting NBA 1.

Seba

Benchwarmer
I agree with you guys, Ish Smith could thrive under D'Antony and it's a no risk move.
But PLEASE use the 2.5 millions of the MLE to hire a Forward. I can't believe we let Shawne go.

PS: First Post :p

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Signing Baron should be a post-season move. 8-10 weeks is a while, but he's a vet, so it might be quicker for him to get good chemistry with the team.

Seba

Benchwarmer
Davis has officially cleared waivers and the feeling around the media is that he will sign with the Knicks.

Keith Bogans was also realeased by Chicago. (very valuable player IMO)

Guys, how about the name James Posey?

Kiyaman

Legend

Thanks! for clearin that up :thumbsup:
I was rushin to mention Ish-Smith is a walking FA

Giving Bibby & Jefferies the vet min ($1.4M) pissed me off
Those two veterans has very little to offer the young players.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Thats Riight STAT...I think we all are underestimating Our PG situation....Lets just pray Shump gets his time to shIne

iSaYughh

Starter
What.

We don't have a starting NBA point guard right now.

We have (young) combo guards, a rookie (who also is neither defined to be an NBA pg or sg yet) and Mike Bibby's ghost.

Even assuming Field's is going to be a viable starting Shooting Guard this year, you have to hope Shumpert proves to be a viable rotation player as a rookie....or you need to make Douglas rotate in at the 2 (which he's really better suited for over point, anyways); in which case....

Mike Bibby is our starting point guard. :barf:

I'm glad STAT isn't worrying or thinking about Davis -- it's not his job.

It is our GM's job to worry about that -- and he should be, since bringing in as much potential help as possible to end up with a legitimate starting point guard is paramount.

paris401

Starter
Indeed. If he comes on the minimum salary for a year, there's no risk, and we can waive his ass if we need to.

the fat-fuk doesn't play when he makes 14m... imagine the effort he'll put out for the vet's min... (i know he still pockets his 14m)...

fuk him...