Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: STAT Has No Interest In Baron Davis: "We don't need setbacks"

Thats Riight STAT...I think we all are underestimating Our PG situation....Lets just pray Shump gets his time to shIne

Veteran

What.

We don't have a starting NBA point guard right now.

We have (young) combo guards, a rookie (who also is neither defined to be an NBA pg or sg yet) and Mike Bibby's ghost.

Even assuming Field's is going to be a viable starting Shooting Guard this year, you have to hope Shumpert proves to be a viable rotation player as a rookie....or you need to make Douglas rotate in at the 2 (which he's really better suited for over point, anyways); in which case....

Mike Bibby is our starting point guard.

I'm glad STAT isn't worrying or thinking about Davis -- it's not his job.

It is our GM's job to worry about that -- and he should be, since bringing in as much potential help as possible to end up with a legitimate starting point guard is paramount.

There would be nothing wrong with bringing the guy in.

Veteran

Indeed. If he comes on the minimum salary for a year, there's no risk, and we can waive his ass if we need to.

Veteran

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Indeed. If he comes on the minimum salary for a year, there's no risk, and we can waive his ass if we need to.
    the fat-fuk doesn't play when he makes 14m... imagine the effort he'll put out for the vet's min... (i know he still pockets his 14m)...

fuk him...

Originally Posted by paris401
    the fat-fuk doesn't play when he makes 14m... imagine the effort he'll put out for the vet's min... (i know he still pockets his 14m)...

fuk him...
    Did he kill your kitten or something? I mean I would understand the vitriol if we were talking about Eddy Curry or something but B. Davis never wore a Knicks jersey and f**ked the team over. Why the hate?

Veteran

Bro chill out.

He wants a ring. Don't forget that Baron Davis was a key part of that Warriors team that upset the Mavericks in the first round. Let's also not forget that Baron was freaking INSANE when he was on that team.

Brian Geltzeiler @hoopscritic 4m

Hearing Baron Davis to the Knicks is a done deal. Should be announced Monday. Very good fit for the Knicks. Right guy at the right time..

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Bro chill out.

He wants a ring. Don't forget that Baron Davis was a key part of that Warriors team that upset the Mavericks in the first round. Let's also not forget that Baron was freaking INSANE when he was on that team.
    Yeah, but do you think he's still got something left in him to pull that again? Who are we going to be practicing with after Baron Davis?

(Also, just read last week's news on how we got Bibby. Apparently Miami got Curry. I really couldn't see any team, much the Heat, signing Curry. I guess every king's court needs a jester.)
    Last edited by pakopako; Dec 18, 2011 at 03:45.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Did he kill your kitten or something? I mean I would understand the vitriol if we were talking about Eddy Curry or something but B. Davis never wore a Knicks jersey and f**ked the team over. Why the hate?
    so u want the baron davis who has been on cha, n.o. , then g.s., then lac, then cleveland... who has hit at 41% for his career... who makes 14m... oh and is not always motivated...

just wanta make sure we b talking about the same baron davis...

Please, God NO!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

But the most interesting scenario I’ve heard all weekend is the idea that both (Baron) Davis and (Gilbert) Arenas could wind up in New York. One source close to the situation, in fact, says that the two Angelenos have discussed this concept.

Would the Knicks dare bring them both in? Seems unlikely with Mike Bibby already in New York, but you can make the argument that — given the bargain prices involved — Davis plus Arenas is at worst an intriguing option in the Knicks’ quest to develop a guard rotation on a par with the frontcourt power trio of Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler.

Veteran

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    But the most interesting scenario I’ve heard all weekend is the idea that both (Baron) Davis and [B][SIZE="3"](Gilbert) Arenas could wind up in New York.
    on 2nd thought getting both of em mite work...

baron comes to practice and tells coach he does not feel motivated today... coach walks over and whispers something into gilberts ear.. gilbert goes to bench, opens his gym bag, pulls out a 45 and waves it in baron's direction... all of a sudden baron feels motivated..

yep .. just mite work...

Both of them eh? hmmmm....

Originally Posted by paris401
    on 2nd thought getting both of em mite work...

baron comes to practice and tells coach he does not feel motivated today... coach walks over and whispers something into gilberts ear.. gilbert goes to bench, opens his gym bag, pulls out a 45 and waves it in baron's direction... all of a sudden baron feels motivated..

yep .. just mite work...
    lmao this has me dying

Don't know about you guys, but my first feeling is very positive!

I mean they're both WAY beyond their prime, Arenas has chronic knee issues, Davis motivation comes and goes on a weekly basis plus he's injury prone himself, oh and Gilbert is freaking mental.

But with all those negatives surrounding them, I still feel good about bringing them to the Knicks

1) It's minimum contract, so there is no financial risk involved.

2) We have absolutely NO backcourt apart from Iman Shump. Even the 'past it' versions of Davis and Arenas are 10 times better than Douglas and Fields.

Let's do it, I have a feeling that it can work. After all, winning cures all chemistry issues...and with such a stacked roster we'd win a lot!

Even Arenas can behave himself when a potential championship is on the table.