Nets, Blazers talking Kidd trade

newmove

Rotation player
BY MITCH LAWRENCE

Jason Kidd could be headed to Portland in exchange for forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim as Nets look to reduce payroll.

In what would amount to the final dismantling of their team, the Nets are discussing a blockbuster trade that would send Jason Kidd to the Portland Trail Blazers in exchange for Shareef Adbur-Rahim. >>>

If Nets'll aquire Reef the only possibily for us aquiring big man would be a trade for Swift...

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
Good riddance!! Nets were a flash in the pan,here today gone tomorrow.Richard Jefferson had no respect for NY(why should he?Nets were better)and proudly displayed his sarcasm whenever he had the chance.What's he gonna say now that his team is weaker than NY? I know what he's gonna say.....trade me to a contender! :lol:

newmove

Rotation player
He's gonna say: "I'm sorry! I woun't do that again! Is NY interested in f'ed up SG like me?" :mrgreen:

But seriously, if this happens (I mean the NJ-Portland trade), then I guess Bessy (Stephon's cousin) might be polishing the bench for the next couple of years.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
I read somewhere that ST might be included in the trade...that would make for a very interesting NYvNJ game

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
do you think portland would agree to a trade like this:

marbury
norris
anderson

for

stoudamire
rahim
telfair

i think it would be good for the knicks because stoudamire and rahim are both in the final years of their contracts, so thats 25+ million comming off the books. and wed be getting rid of norris and anderson.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
a knick fan said:
do you think portland would agree to a trade like this:

marbury
norris
anderson

for

stoudamire
rahim
telfair

i think it would be good for the knicks because stoudamire and rahim are both in the final years of their contracts, so thats 25+ million comming off the books. and wed be getting rid of norris and anderson.

We may get 25 mil off the books...but why give up Marbury? Who would all of this money go towards next year? Plus, I think you or I could have as good of pro career as Telfair will have!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I think we should add to Marbury, not trade him for somebody else. I know its important to get some money off our payroll like the two bums (Anderson and Norris) but remember that soon Penny and Tim are gonna be off it and thats worth like 30 Mil. Now if the Nets get Rahim and Telfair in the deal for Jason kid that would be interesting. Specially now that Kid just got out of surgery. That might not be such a bad idea, Those two got some nice young athletic talent. I think Jason would pop somebody if he gets traded though.

1s1ah

Rookie
If this trade goes through it'll be the end of Richard Jefferson. That guy is nothing with out Kidd.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
what about trading kurt thomas to miami (they need a 4)

miami is desperate to "win now" - maybe they'd give up a 1st and 2nd round pickin 2005, and udonis haslem in return. this would give sweetney more playing time to develop as a player.

the reason i think we should trady marbury is because i dont see this team becomming title contenders any time soon. over the next few years, most of the players on this team will just get older, like houston, kurt, anderson, norris. marbury is basically at his potential, i dont envision him becomming a 30 point, 10 assist guy. sweetney and craford might get better, but most probably not enough to put the team over the top. isiah needs to not get suckered into the same trap as the previous knick gm's and try to "win now". he's shown some signs of that by taking the bad conctracts of jerome williams and penny (yeah I know that they were accompanied with good players). the payroll hasnt gotten any slimmer, and the team hasnt gotten much better. even the most ardent knick fan wouldnt say that this team is top 5 in the nba.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Ummm I think the entire reason why Isiah got the GM job was because Dolan said he wanted to see the Knicks winning now not later. And you as a Knicks fan rather see Marbury get traded to hope on some draft picks and see the Knicks go on those horrible losing streaks all over again?????? Man you really must not be a Knicks fan...I personally can't stand to watch them lose....They might not be the best team in the NBA and not ready enough to win a title but I sure as hell wanna see them kick some ass....sooo I say keep Marbury, already got Crawford to help...get a nice big man next year some how and keep handing out cans of ass whooping

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Oh yeah by the way, yes they weren't that much better last season, but you gotta factor in Houston being hurt and all these new players coming together that had never played together before. The team chemistry is still building and should be much better this season...specially with everyone having more time to learn lenny's full system. Instead of the mix of Lenny's and Cheaney's system they used last season. Tell you the truth to me this is the best Knicks team I have seen so far throughout the years that I have been a Knicks fan TALENT WISE...now all they gotta do is put the pieces in the right places, work together and keep building on it.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
1s1ah said:
If this trade goes through it'll be the end of Richard Jefferson. That guy is nothing with out Kidd.

jefferson played thru a stretch last season playing without kidd and martin and pretty much floruished when he had the chance, if they continue to push the ball and basically give it to him since he would be their best player, i can see him putting up all star numbers, cuz there isnt much competition among the real SFs. but who knows, maybe kidd stays, lol

this would also make marbury the best PG by far in the east and potential all star starter unless if they feel like playing iverson at PG

starpula

Benchwarmer
"Why is this in the Knicks forum?"

Because the Nets have been kicking the Knicks a$$ for the last three years and trading Kidd would increase our shot at the Atlantic title. If the trade goes through with the Nets getting Telfair also, they would have Telfair, Jefferson and six first round picks over the next three years to prep their team for Brooklyn. What their doing now is all business, once they move to Brooklyn, they'll start opening up their checkbook to build a winner.

e_D

Benchwarmer
what aggravates me is that the nets have been kicking our ass for the past couple years with that same squad. they out us from the playoffs in 4. Then as we're about to have a full training camp and start the season rotooled and ready to kick their ass.. they dismantle the team. we never had a chance for retribution. :(

guess they got scared.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
starpula said:
"Why is this in the Knicks forum?"

Because the Nets have been kicking the Knicks a$$ for the last three years and trading Kidd would increase our shot at the Atlantic title. If the trade goes through with the Nets getting Telfair also, they would have Telfair, Jefferson and six first round picks over the next three years to prep their team for Brooklyn. What their doing now is all business, once they move to Brooklyn, they'll start opening up their checkbook to build a winner.
That's no reason. The Knicks Forum is for Knicks news. This is Nets news. Almost every deal effects the Knicks, maybe this one a little more, but that does not mean it should be in the Knicks forum. Knicks forum is for KNICKS news.

starpula

Benchwarmer
I'll concede that point. In my defense, this whole Kidd trade is now Knick news if Kurt Thomas is in the deal!

Let me get one thing straight, The Knicks forum is for KNICKS news or the KNICKS Forum is for Knicks news???

Enough good natured humor, Let's Go Knicks!!!

-------
rady edit
i posted this here because i didn't want to add another offtopic reply. as long as it has something to do with the knicks, it goes inhere. :)