We need a backup PF, right?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The ideal guy I'm looking for is a strong guy who can play a few minutes down low. He needs to be a good rebounder who can give us some second chance points.

I have a guy in my mind who I think would be great at this. His name is...

Wait for it...

Still wait for it...

KRIS HUMPHRIES!

He's a FREE AGENT, will likely play for the MINIMUM (he doesn't have a contract), and last year he averaged one block per game, 10.0 PPG, and 10.4 RPG, 3 offensive rebounds per game, in only 27:48 minutes per game.

Say what you want about Kim Kardashian but at the end of the day this guy is a hustle guy who will block shots and rebound and we need that on this team considering Amar'e is not the greatest defender in the world.

Any other thoughts or opinions on Kris Hump?

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I was thinking about that fruit or Troy Murphy lol. I agree bring the Diva to the apple he is a good off the bench guy minus the dumb chick lol.

iSaYughh

Starter
Lmao. Damn. That actually isn't a bad idea at all if we could get him. I know he got shit talked for doing well last year just bc it was a contract year...but shit, he isn't getting big offers now, so.....

I'd co-sign the shit outta that move.

Humphries and Kirilenko would be solid, bang for the buck acquisitions potentially.

My worry is Jordan or whomever simply won't be ready to play; and then we end up over-relying on Jeffries.

Humphries lessens that worry.

finestrg

Rotation player
The ideal guy I'm looking for is a strong guy who can play a few minutes down low. He needs to be a good rebounder who can give us some second chance points.

I have a guy in my mind who I think would be great at this. His name is...

Wait for it...

Still wait for it...

KRIS HUMPHRIES!

He's a FREE AGENT, will likely play for the MINIMUM (he doesn't have a contract), and last year he averaged one block per game, 10.0 PPG, and 10.4 RPG, 3 offensive rebounds per game, in only 27:48 minutes per game.

Say what you want about Kim Kardashian but at the end of the day this guy is a hustle guy who will block shots and rebound and we need that on this team considering Amar'e is not the greatest defender in the world.

Any other thoughts or opinions on Kris Hump?

Not a terrible idea. Personally, I think more depth at PG and behind Melo and Landry at 3/2 is more vital. The rebounding aspect has been improved somewhat -- we have STAT--an all-star/top 10 NBA player that'll be playing 35-40 mins a game; Ty Chandler in the middle now who should be good for about 10 rebs/game minimum; I think Jorts will surprise and be a factor and even more height waiting in the wings with 7' Jerome Jordan.

We've gotta come to grips with the fact that TD may not be a starting PG. I like Toney and I'll be routing for him like heck but we all gotta concede that. And as much as I like what I see outta Shumpert, he may not be a true point either...We're gonna have to see. And like I said, I don't like Bibby too much at this point in his career...I think we could use more depth there..And on the wing: Landry should bounce back but he did regress some late last year which raised some questions. And Billy Walker's nothing special. Never has been. He's adequate but we can do better.. Losing Shawne Williams hurts but there are guys out there capable of replacing him (upgrades imo)..The Knicks just need to look harder.

I'd really like to add another plus outside shooter -- I'm thinking Ryan Wittman or Jamelle Horne but maybe a hybrid forward capable of playing some 3 AND 4 might be an even better fit (added depth behind STAT and Melo in one player). My guy for this would be DeShawn Sims. He's a skilled offensive player capable of scoring the ball from anywhere (dunks, post-up, mid-range Js, 3s) and he's got a little bulk to him at 6'8" 230..And he can rebound a little too...Joe Alexander would be my next choice--a close 2nd. If they were ever gonna look for an additional legit frontcourt big, I still like Sean Williams. 6'10", long, rebounder, great shot-blocker, more skilled and athletic than Humphries..Currently playing in Israel, only a phone call away. Some NBA team is gonna pick him up. It's only a matter of time.. Why couldn't that team be us?? Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean, we do need more depth at the guard position, but we also can't forget that as of right now, if Amar'e is off the floor, Jared Jeffries is on it.

I'd rather have Kris Hump over the Giraffe anyday

KingCharles34

All Star
I noticed this last night when i was playing my updated version of 2k11. Im not about to buy 2k12, im broke as fukk dog. It took me forever to update the rosters, i still got aways to go considering theres still alotta signings that need to take place. And probably some trades too, i used Chris Hunter on the game. He was aiiight, got 4 rebounds for me. I think hes rated a 58 or something like that, worse then Jeffries. Speakin of Jeffries he does a great job of playing team defense for me but i cant seem to make layups with him :lol:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Speakin of Jeffries he does a great job of playing team defense for me but i cant seem to make layups with him :lol:

You have to score 70 points in 30 consecutive games via 2 pointers only and no FTs to unlock Jeffries layup ability. :thumbsup:

moneyg

Starter
kris kardashian wont accept the mini mid level or vet minum.. he will get at least 5 mil per.. i have been sayin this for the longest ... we dont have a back up PF.. and we didnt have one last season.. furthermore.. we dont even have a back up 3 unless we use fileds in that role.... just the facts...

kris kardashian wont accept the mini mid level or vet minum.. he will get at least 5 mil per.. i have been sayin this for the longest ... we dont have a back up PF.. and we didnt have one last season.. furthermore.. we dont even have a back up 3 unless we use fileds in that role.... just the facts...
Word. Our roster is so incomplete it's not even funny, it's a shame that the Bucks resigned Luc Mbah a Moute we could have used his defense. Instead of wasting our time going after Crawford we should have been signing players like Joe Alexander to fill out the missing pieces in our roster. We better hope that Shumpert will be as good as we think and that Jorts and Jordan will contribute this season.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean, you'd like to think that, but I haven't even heard his name mentioned by a team yet.

The season starts in 8 days and Kris Humphries is still a free agent who has not even been mentioned in any rumors by anybody. Training camp is over, preseason starts in 11 hours. If a team is looking to sign Kris Hump, they would've done it by now, I would think.

smokes

Huge Member
I mean, you'd like to think that, but I haven't even heard his name mentioned by a team yet.

The season starts in 8 days and Kris Humphries is still a free agent who has not even been mentioned in any rumors by anybody. Training camp is over, preseason starts in 11 hours. If a team is looking to sign Kris Hump, they would've done it by now, I would think.

We can only hope. I'd give him our 2.5mil in a heartbeat.

EDIT- Plus it would be nice to take someone off the Nets since they seem to be all about rooting our sloppy seconds right now.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I would too. Kris Hump is an excellent role player for any team. I don't think there's a team out there that would pass up on a 10 RPG and 10 PPG guy.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

It's a good call! He could play some 5, too.

Interesting that he's been basically neglected as a FA, but the prospect of him accepting $2.5M as a double-double rebounder seems a little far fetched, no?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Indeed. I would not have even brought him up at all, if it weren't for the fact that the season is starting in a week and he still hasn't been signed yet.

iSaYughh

Starter

I'm guessing Mr. Skywalker would be our back up 3 as is. But of course, we have some legitimate bench concerns, especially in a season that will be as demanding as this, and Walker is no lock to even be an adequate rotation player.

Fields can't be counted on to truly back the 3 at all, given our question marks in our stable of guards where he is as close to a "lock" as we can get.

Tactically with this bench, losing the flex forward that was Williams may be a greater bitch than anticipated.

This all depends on just what we can get for 2.5M....I'll say this, inking B Davis....and yes, Arenas, too...for veteran mins is our best bet to bolster our guard play as much as possible, while still maintaining the 2.5 to hopefully get a quality rotation player who can ideally play the 3 and 4.

Davis-Bibby-Arenas
Fields-Douglas-Shumpert
Melo-Walker-Fields
Amare-Humphries-Jeffries
Chandler-Jeffries-Jordan

We can only hope.

FWIW, so long as Davis is healthy for us, he will perform on the level of a *GOOD* starting NBA PG for us. The worst of his M.O. (when he gets out of shape, when he seems distracted and aloof) is actually what makes him such a great fit for us -- it could not be a better situation for him to rise to his absolute best.

Arenas has more baggage than JFK airport so maybe he simply isn't worth a flyer even for us...but the dude was putting up close to 30 a night with 8 dishes not too long ago, and he is still fairly young.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Not a terrible idea. Personally, I think more depth at PG and behind Melo and Landry at 3/2 is more vital. The rebounding aspect has been improved somewhat -- we have STAT--an all-star/top 10 NBA player that'll be playing 35-40 mins a game; Ty Chandler in the middle now who should be good for about 10 rebs/game minimum; I think Jorts will surprise and be a factor and even more height waiting in the wings with 7' Jerome Jordan.

We've gotta come to grips with the fact that TD may not be a starting PG. I like Toney and I'll be routing for him like heck but we all gotta concede that. And as much as I like what I see outta Shumpert, he may not be a true point either...We're gonna have to see. And like I said, I don't like Bibby too much at this point in his career...I think we could use more depth there..And on the wing: Landry should bounce back but he did regress some late last year which raised some questions. And Billy Walker's nothing special. Never has been. He's adequate but we can do better.. Losing Shawne Williams hurts but there are guys out there capable of replacing him (upgrades imo)..The Knicks just need to look harder.

I'd really like to add another plus outside shooter -- I'm thinking Ryan Wittman or Jamelle Horne but maybe a hybrid forward capable of playing some 3 AND 4 might be an even better fit (added depth behind STAT and Melo in one player). My guy for this would be DeShawn Sims. He's a skilled offensive player capable of scoring the ball from anywhere (dunks, post-up, mid-range Js, 3s) and he's got a little bulk to him at 6'8" 230..And he can rebound a little too...Joe Alexander would be my next choice--a close 2nd. If they were ever gonna look for an additional legit frontcourt big, I still like Sean Williams. 6'10", long, rebounder, great shot-blocker, more skilled and athletic than Humphries..Currently playing in Israel, only a phone call away. Some NBA team is gonna pick him up. It's only a matter of time.. Why couldn't that team be us?? Just my 2 cents.

I've been saying this all last season. He's only 25 too. Someone's gonna take the chance & sign him & he's gonna be a steal of a pickup for what he does:

FrazierVocab

Benchwarmer
Finally somebody agrees with me!!!! I've been saying this all week and there is a 85% chance he would sign with us for a year. 1) Nobody has really gone after him and were a week away from the start of the season 2) He would have the chance to really showcase himself in a bigger market by getting the chance to start some games. Besides Jeffries is Amare's backup:boohoo:....yeah :agreed:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Finally somebody agrees with me!!!! I've been saying this all week and there is a 85% chance he would sign with us for a year. 1) Nobody has really gone after him and were a week away from the start of the season 2) He would have the chance to really showcase himself in a bigger market by getting the chance to start some games. Besides Jeffries is Amare's backup:boohoo:....yeah :agreed:

Good user name!:smokin: