We need a backup PF, right?

Paul1355

All Star
The ideal guy I'm looking for is a strong guy who can play a few minutes down low. He needs to be a good rebounder who can give us some second chance points.

I have a guy in my mind who I think would be great at this. His name is...

Wait for it...

Still wait for it...

KRIS HUMPHRIES!

He's a FREE AGENT, will likely play for the MINIMUM (he doesn't have a contract), and last year he averaged one block per game, 10.0 PPG, and 10.4 RPG, 3 offensive rebounds per game, in only 27:48 minutes per game.

Say what you want about Kim Kardashian but at the end of the day this guy is a hustle guy who will block shots and rebound and we need that on this team considering Amar'e is not the greatest defender in the world.

Any other thoughts or opinions on Kris Hump?
humphries is under rated, the guy averaged 10 ppg and 10 rebounds and still has no offer from a team.

He probably wants a good contract.

Knicks can't offer him anything that he would go for. Odds are the Nets will give him a decent one year offer.

For PF, we can move Melo to the PF spot. We have Jeffries, Balkman I can see getting minutes at the 4 because he can defend and rebound, plus he hustles more than most people.

Problem is none of the bench guys can score at the 4. This is why we needed Shawne Williams.

iJoe

Rotation player
humphries is under rated, the guy averaged 10 ppg and 10 rebounds and still has no offer from a team.

He probably wants a good contract.

Knicks can't offer him anything that he would go for. Odds are the Nets will give him a decent one year offer.

For PF, we can move Melo to the PF spot. We have Jeffries, Balkman I can see getting minutes at the 4 because he can defend and rebound, plus he hustles more than most people.

Problem is none of the bench guys can score at the 4. This is why we needed Shawne Williams.

Agree that I doubt the Knicks can afford him.

There's probably a lot of deals going on away from the media. He's not exactly high profile anymore now that he doesn't have that gigantic booty near him anymore.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I haven't even heard a single RUMOR about Kris Hump.

Maybe teams are staying away from him because they don't want to get in on that Kim Kardashian drama business

Kiyaman

Legend
In Sundays scrimage game at the Garden the Knicks frontcourt look strong....
seen a little Jordan & Hunter get down....both looking strong on boxing-out
for the rebound....the uplift is Josh Harrellson (Jorts) performance lookin like
a hard-hustlin David Lee with defense-intensity thats always around the ball.
It's easy to see....Jorts playintime minutes increasing throughout this season.

Balkman could be our mystery-man off the bench at backup-
foward spot with a center in the lineup.

Humphries is o.k. just to slow for us.
AK47 reminds me of Layden daze

richtree

Rotation player
Humphries is supposedly been offered multiple deals at 3.5 million for 1 year...

He is seeking a 5million dollar -- 3 year deal......that has been the big holdup....

Also, we have the rights to Amhad Nivins that has a huge body and is playing in Holland..

Nivins is young and Blocks everything as well as the perfect physical body for the Knicks.....

The kid is 6ft 10 inches and left because of the Mavericks depth -- now he should have been given an invite to training camp....

Once again we have Jarred Jefferies when Nivins is sitting out there and can defend Bosh of the Bench...

CA7

Scoring Champ
Honestly if we dont grab Sean Williams then something is wrong, he reminds me a young STAT who defends better than STAT does, just cant shoot as well

Paul1355

All Star
Humphries is supposedly been offered multiple deals at 3.5 million for 1 year...

He is seeking a 5million dollar -- 3 year deal......that has been the big holdup....

Also, we have the rights to Amhad Nivins that has a huge body and is playing in Holland..

Nivins is young and Blocks everything as well as the perfect physical body for the Knicks.....

The kid is 6ft 10 inches and left because of the Mavericks depth -- now he should have been given an invite to training camp....

Once again we have Jarred Jefferies when Nivins is sitting out there and can defend Bosh of the Bench..

We have a full roster right now. If we don't trade anybody then someone has to be a reserve, i think it will be Jerome Jordan since Mike D called him a "project"
I expect us to handle Nivins the same way we did with Jordan. Let him get playing time in Europe and develop since we can't really use him. OR we can assign him to the Eerie Bayhawks, our D league team. Since Nivins was not invited to camp, I expect the Knicks want him to stay in Europe and develop, then he'll get his shot next year.

iJoe

Rotation player
Honestly if we dont grab Sean Williams then something is wrong, he reminds me a young STAT who defends better than STAT does, just cant shoot as well

I believe the Mavs nabbed him.

I think the next player we're looking at is Posey. Options are getting smaller.