Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 919333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: KO.COM's Very Own Fantasy League

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Nice one.

I like the idea of running two leagues, with one being a "veterans" league, open for people who have proven themselves as worthy GM's in a given season.

The league has been a smashing success this year, either way. A truly competitive league. For a league that isn't played for money/prizes, this is possibly the most cut-throat (in a good way) fantasy league I've been in. Real ballers.

And it's def true that it will get you more into the NBA at large, and more generally aware and keen to things.

It's early, but may as well mention again....to really up the ante in a super-competitive or "veterans" league, doing it auction/cap style is the most fun and interesting.

Basically, you draft and manage your team with a fantasy equivalent of a cap system.

Also, and I can't do it now since it impacts how you draft in a HUGE way: we could a keeper league. Where at the end of each season, every team can hold onto 3 players to start the next season with.

EG, even after Rubio's injury, Metro would have still wanted to keep him.

Rubio's very draft ranking would have been higher, too.

Do you really want KG, or is it better to reach on a young buck PF to hopefully hold on to for years down the road....

Only thing with a keeper league, is you should be reasonably sure you'll have at least a decent core of ppl who could realistically commit to doing the league for a good 3+ seasons.
    Can we do this

I'm hoping Nate Robinson can replace Rubio's magic.

I'm loaded with point guards and centers. Im learning the NBA isn't very deep at SF. Trading LeBron was my downfall! LOL but I couldn't help my boredom. I love trades!

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Can we do this

I'm hoping Nate Robinson can replace Rubio's magic.

I'm loaded with point guards and centers. Im learning the NBA isn't very deep at SF. Trading LeBron was my downfall! LOL but I couldn't help my boredom. I love trades!
    Lol, smh ya...Lebron not just SF, but #1 overall player w/o a doubt...But who coulda seen BYNUM staying healthy and playing like he has. Jennings, too, when it it looked like he was fluking a bit early on hasn't lost a step and has only gotten stronger as season has gone on.

If Bynum got injured again and/or Jennings came down to earth, that trade is superior for you prolly. You also got shafted by Rubio's injury.

We can def do one keeper league next year. The rivalries get intense lol, and you really take pride in the players you draft/keep. Good test for pure NBA knowledge too, as you need to really anticipate which players will produce and grow, and which are fluking or getting over the hill.....

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I need to win these two games to have a prayer... so please just roll over for me would ya??? (no homo)
    My players are rolling over for you, Rose is out for the weekend and Tyreke probably out too...

Lol, smh ya...Lebron not just SF, but #1 overall player w/o a doubt...But who coulda seen BYNUM staying healthy and playing like he has. Jennings, too, when it it looked like he was fluking a bit early on hasn't lost a step and has only gotten stronger as season has gone on.

If Bynum got injured again and/or Jennings came down to earth, that trade is superior for you prolly. You also got shafted by Rubio's injury.

We can def do one keeper league next year. The rivalries get intense lol, and you really take pride in the players you draft/keep. Good test for pure NBA knowledge too, as you need to really anticipate which players will produce and grow, and which are fluking or getting over the hill.....
    Well we should do 1 league with keeper/auction/cap, 1 league which is just a repeat of this years league (but with 2 x UTIL!!!! I hate the 2 x C spot!) and then as many other leagues as we can fill up. I would definitely play in at least 3 leagues.

Granny Danger is a pissant... Rose is a *****... And I failed to notice that Gerald Wallace won't debut until tomorrow.

FML

If I don't win this week I'm going to go f*cking mental

Noob question: how a fantasy league actually works? I'd consider joining the KO league next season but I'd like to know where I'm getting into.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Noob question: how a fantasy league actually works? I'd consider joining the KO league next season but I'd like to know where I'm getting into.
    Well first go look at my post on the previous page it explains a lot.

Basically the year starts with a live draft. Teams pick 1 through 12 and 12th pick gets the 1st pick of the 2nd round. There are 12 rounds of drafting until you have 12 players on your team.

Each day you set your lineups so you have as many players playing as you can. You can set all the lineups in advance, but if you make any moves you have to set them up again as they reset.

Each week you can add/drop players to/from the free agent pool to try and gain an edge for your team. You can trade with all the other players in the league up until the deadline.

The league we are playing is head to head, each week you face off against another person and the guy with the highest points total takes the W. Your players get points for all the good stuff, points, assists, steals, blocks yadda yadda and lose points for fouls and turnovers and missed shots.

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    If I don't win this week I'm going to go f*cking mental
    Brutal no-start by Tyreke. You need a strong finish by Gasol, or a lot of hopes will resting on Mr. Favors.

Brutal no-start by Tyreke. You need a strong finish by Gasol, or a lot of hopes will resting on Mr. Favors.
    I've been unlucky this season but this week takes the cake. Rose missed 3 games, Tyreke 2 and a half, G Wallace missed a game, and half my players have been missing even when they are playing.

I'll be going into the evening games with a 40-50pt deficit unless Gasol beasts while Conley stays quiet. With Harden/Dudley/Favors vs Chandler Parsons... If I don't win I will seriously lose the plot.

Just wow....

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Coquis man!!!!!!!

Lucky win.. with Deron and Deng going MIA in crucial games..

Congrats tho

Default Week 19 Wrap - Week 20 Scouting Report

Props to Coquis for taking over the top spot in Division I, with a decisive frog-hopping victory over Rady's mounted mice, thanks to a great Saturday effort from a 5 man squad, even with Bayless beasting for 50 points on the bench. figures Jrue Holiday has a season best the week I dropped him. more power to the frogs after Rubio goes down for the season.

A great matchup between p0nder's comeback crew and Bouncy's smokey squadron came down to the wire, with a p0nderous victory! if not for Marcus Camby playing last minute, the result would have gone the other way! phucking phantasy! A major match with playoff implications for both teams!

The Crust crew was soundly defeated again by Multiple Scorgams, how is it the crust losses are always against the highest scoring squads that week? that's just the way it goes, in phucking phantasyland! CP3 was an unstoppable beast with 5 colossal games, ending in a 70 point performance. abetted by a healthy Joe Johnson, there was no chance of beating the Scorgasmic melee! Crust crew should have ceded defeat on Monday, after a piss-poor bed-****ting day that created a hole the crew never crawled out of... although Sunday they showed face after showing ass most of the week...

KBlack continued his domination over the mighty and esteemed commissioner Pringles, the heaviest and highest scoring team yet to garner a playoff spot. how could it be now? KBlack reigns atop Division II, tied with Coquis for best record. Beasting to the highest degree.

WEEK 20 MATCHES of the WEEK (with a keen eye towards the playoffs):
    Pringles4Laughs vs Rady's Sweet Mice
    - a loss by Pringles could be devastating to playoff chances, whereas a win by the mice could very well earn a playoff spot. Division II remains a clusterf*ck!

Scorgamic Multiples vs Bouncy's Smokesquad
    - Bouncy needs this victory to keep up with the rest of the pack, can he do it with a hobbled Rose, Tyreke and Kyle Lowry (not to mention Spencer "Badfoot" Hawes)? he will need serious beasting from his big men... will the Walrus dominate with new Netsquad? Can Granny Danger come back from Knick humiliation? will Derrick Favors continue his rise to prominence or fall back to mediocrity? It will be tough to beat Scorgasms now-healthy team (although I see he's sick of waiting for Kevin Martin... hah! now you know how i felt all season!) A KEY MATCHUP!!

Coquis vs p0nder
    can the comeback kid keep the pressure on the frogs with Rubio gone?
    you gotta feel for p0nder, playing the division leaders 2 weeks in a row going into the playoffs (KBlack looms next week). Will the new frogs of Nate, Jrue and Faried along with consistent frog-beasting of KevLove and Noah's ark be enough to maintain his #1 position? will Batoom, Iblocka and TyLawson be good frogs this week? I see a manpower advantage to the frogs this week, can p0nder do the unfathomable and beat the frogs and keep his playoff hopes alive?

It will be interesting to see if Rte 1 shows up, or will we see 2 dead teams play each other (vs DatPRINE)

Does MusketeerX stand a chance against KBlack? an MX win keeps his playoff hopes alive... will be tough against KB25's monstrous moguls!

Coolclyde's CrustCrew vs Pork Pirates... the Knicks have 4 games this week, the only chance the Pirates have will be for several dominating, beasting players from the hometown heroes. other than those days, it will be a crusty massacre (i predict). the Crustcrew has once again blew up the top half of it's lineup in preparation for the playoffs, taking on DJ Augustine, Joe Crawford and Ramon Sessions to lead the rest of the way.
    Feeling good about it.

This league is about as awesome as it gets, so glad we did this. Good to see so many players have chance to make the playoffs!

what last minute add/drops will be made to empower lineups with 2 weeks to go?

Best of luck to all!!!!!

Ultimately I probably won't win another matchup unless I make the playoffs. I guess there's a miniscule chance I could beat you next week (if Rose is even back by then, he hasn't been cleared to run yet). It's a bit of a shame no longer being in control of my own fate as there's no motivation to play for the next 2 weeks. Playoffs are pretty much a lock for me, 6th-8th seed.

Thank you Derrick "I won't miss another big game this season" Rose.