KO.COM's Very Own Fantasy League

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yahoo Fantasy League for KO members.

ko_toplogo.jpg

The league is fittingly named KO NYK KO

WHO'S UP FOR A FANTASY BATTLE?

We'd love to have some of you lads join the frey, it'd add more of a sense of camaraderie here and will make for good downtime and stop you from masturbating so furiously. So please if, like me, it'll be your first time to have a go at the whole Fantasy League bonanza - not the masturbating, clearly - then come along, join the fun, join the jamboree!

The required league code to join iSaYughh and I on our quest for supremacy is 103550

We will tell you the password via PM if you're interested, WHICH YOU SHOULD BE!, as we're trying to avoid butt cancerous trolls infecting both the fantasy league and, more importantly, knicksonline.com.

In order to sign up, you go here:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba

You join the league here:

383816_2714904267047_1090158690_32964773_427731006_n.jpg

You sign up via facerape, gmail or yahoo here

375224_2714926947614_1090158690_32964781_2058100726_n.jpg

- sorry for inconvenience to those who have to go through setting up an account.

And from there you choose your team name and avatar etc. and we're all very close to kicking off an in-house dogfight for Fantasy bragging rites, which I, naturally, will win! The smack has begun.:cool:

It's all very easy, and looks like it's well worth the 5 minutes it'll take to get underway.

Just PM either me or iSaYughh if you're up for it - that sounds gay - and we'll send you your exclusive password!

Neg rep to anyone who drafts Celtic or Heat players
:lol:

Just%2Bdo%2Bit.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Coquis de Boriken

CoolClyde CrustCrew

Pringles4Life

Multiple Scorgasms

Pork Pirates

:lol:

So Pringles4Life is iSaYughh, The CrustCrew :lol: is CoolC, I'm Pork Pirates.....

Who's Multiple Scorgasms? That's awesome.

But, more intriguingly, who the **** is Coquis de Boriken? Is that Germanic? :lol:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
All signed up. This is my 1st fantasy so I have some questions.

I assume since it is head to head that each week whoever has better stats for their team get a W. Right?

How do we decide on draft order?

Can I play a player out of position? What about combo guards?

Thanks.

p0nder

Starter
my understanding is that some players can be moved around in position, like STAT can probably be penciled in as a F or a C.

i just signed up, p0nder's Primetime. looking forward to this season and I'm expecting some awesome writeups about our fantasy league as we roll through.

iSaYughh

Starter
All signed up. This is my 1st fantasy so I have some questions.

I assume since it is head to head that each week whoever has better stats for their team get a W. Right?

How do we decide on draft order?

Can I play a player out of position? What about combo guards?

Thanks.

Draft goes down playground pickup style; the draft order (1 through 12) is random. If you pick "last", you pick first in the 2nd round; if you had the #1 pick, great, but then your 2nd round pick is 24th overall.

Def benefits to getting #1 pick, but also benefits to not.

Basically, every player is what they are in the NBA -- a center, a power forward, etc. However, like you brought up, some players "qualify" for more than one position -- this is a benefit to a player, as it can give great flexibility.

For instance, Jamal Crawford I'm pretty sure -- while predominantly a shooting guard, qualifies for both SG and PG slots.

I am not positive on which players can flex different spots. EG, Barganani may well qualify for both PF and C, but I'm not certain. Best bet is to consult some of the free, and good, stuff that is on the Yahoo Fantasy Basketball site.

As for scoring, each week you get an opponent; we have 9 scoring metrics that I set up (I could be off, but it doesn't effect what I'm saying), so each week your players accumulate scores across those categories (rebounds, steals, points, 3points made, etc), and at the end of the week those 9 categories go against your opponents.

EG, if you end up winning 5 categories to your opponent's 4, you just smoked his ass and notch a win to his loss.

I'll actually post some links here to some well written and clear strategy articles...but basically, you want to draft with a general strategy to give your team an "identity", much like in the NBA teams have identities.

EG, I want to make the backbone of my team FG% and Rebounds, I'm going to go heavy on Centers and players who reflext those skills. Guards, conversely, would be less desirable to me.

It's not that I'd want to just punt Assists or Steals, but I'm going to focus on players who will make my strength a true strength first and foremost.

This would reflext the way I draft and relative value I put on players.

You can also go for a totally balanced approach.

iSaYughh

Starter
One more example, and also to highlight one part of the league that's important and maybe not totally obvious:

Each day you can alter your lineups for the next day, if you desire.

EG, if you know Melo isn't playing tomorrow, but you have a player on your bench who can fill in for the SF slot, you can easily place in him for your lineup for that day, and then just take him out and get Melo back in there after that off day.

In a regular season, this type of stuff isn't totally critical -- but, when playoffs come around, leagues can be won or lost by being able to not go a day where you don't have your SF slot filled by someone capable, but your opponent as able to plug in some flex SF who lights it up.

iSaYughh

Starter
*FYI*

3 spots left in the league. Some people verbally said they wanted in (Metro, DatPrince, knicksfan from woodbridge) but have yet to officially get in.

Idk if it's feasible to expand league if need be; def get in ASAP if you want to take part. :smokin:

iJoe

Rotation player
What day and time are you holding the draft? I've been working my ass off and I'm 50/50 on doing fantasy. If you have trouble filling the last few slots, you can count me in!

iSaYughh

Starter

We got 11/12 slots filled....Unfortunately, an odd number of teams mucks things up and is an issue.

iJoe, I know you said you would buckle down and join if needed. Get on it! I'll PM you password.

Just a reminder: draft is set for 9:30pm EST, but def show up a bit before; draft order is formulated 30min prior to draft, and you can always pre-rank your players so if your computer crashes or something, your majestic vision for your squad isn't compromised.

iJoe

Rotation player
Says league is full so I guess you managed to fill up :thumbsup:

I'll check in tomorrow in case someone changes their mind, but otherwise have fun KO league!

iSaYughh

Starter
I'm going to see is I can make leauge 14 strong. Would love to get you both in.

In a meeting but ill try to change it this hour. I didn't finalize leauge yet, so I think it'll be good.