KO.COM's Very Own Fantasy League

metrocard

Legend
2945386.gif

iSaYughh

Starter
:alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert:

I've tried to stay out almost completely out of the Dat_Prince controversy as commissioner; but with the latest trade following the infamous Kobe Deal, and more and more of the league becoming increasingly spooked and pissed, I've frozen Dat_Prince's franchise from making any,

roster changes
trades
add/drops

To preserve law and order.

Consider this intervention what would have happened with Stern and our Knicks, if Dolan continued to allow Isiah to run the show, and Walsh was never brought in.

p0nder

Starter
froze roster changes? why? allow him to make his line-ups please. Not that he will, but still he needs to be able to manage his team.

Also, eff me in the A with the all star weekend there's no way i catch up this week... come back kid needs to re-group. friggin ginobli with his damn injuries!!!

iSaYughh

Starter
He's frozen because he hasn't managed his team all year; and with playoffs looming, if he were to begin managing his team, the already unfair advantage of certain teams having already played him (vs teams who have yet to, or teams who would only play him 1x, vs 2x) becomes very pronounced.

But more than that, with the animosity and grudge matches that have already been built; and Metro's obv connection to getting Dat_Prince to selectively do something (eg, the trades with him), the ability for Dat_Prince to "magically" set his lineup perfectly for a week when he's playing say...CoolClyde, would be ridiculous, and destroy the integrity and competitiveness of the league.

If Dat_Prince showed a shred of follow up to the league, this wouldn't be an issue; or if he just stayed totally silent, it wouldn't be an issue, either; or if he organically started to pay attention to the league, it still wouldn't be an issue and it'd just be a deal with it situation, despite the crazy advantage/disadvantage it'd present to some ppl, and that they'd get shafted.

edit -- the whole situation is stupid and unnecessary, and i don't want it to balloon even more or waste anyone's time; i didn't pay attention to anything Dat_Prince has been doing the entire season, despite ppl (naturally) complaining or having some issues with it. i guess agreed with them, personally, but i stayed silent and removed from it from a commissioner standpoint bc i'd rather have just let it be, and not get too technical about stuff and risk meddling or intefering and trying to make things "perfect".

iSaYughh

Starter
Just to add,

this has been a very fun, nicely competitive league. pretty much everyone running their team to varying degrees is on their A-game, knows their shit, and we gave some real competition brewing.

Let's not lose that. :2cents:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Next year I will be drafting my own guys , not picking up a team that is already eliminated from contention. I will still finish this out though :teeth:

CoolClyde

He's frozen because he hasn't managed his team all year; and with playoffs looming, if he were to begin managing his team, the already unfair advantage of certain teams having already played him (vs teams who have yet to, or teams who would only play him 1x, vs 2x) becomes very pronounced.

But more than that, with the animosity and grudge matches that have already been built; and Metro's obv connection to getting Dat_Prince to selectively do something (eg, the trades with him), the ability for Dat_Prince to "magically" set his lineup perfectly for a week when he's playing say...CoolClyde, would be ridiculous, and destroy the integrity and competitiveness of the league.

If Dat_Prince showed a shred of follow up to the league, this wouldn't be an issue; or if he just stayed totally silent, it wouldn't be an issue, either; or if he organically started to pay attention to the league, it still wouldn't be an issue and it'd just be a deal with it situation, despite the crazy advantage/disadvantage it'd present to some ppl, and that they'd get shafted.

edit -- the whole situation is stupid and unnecessary, and i don't want it to balloon even more or waste anyone's time; i didn't pay attention to anything Dat_Prince has been doing the entire season, despite ppl (naturally) complaining or having some issues with it. i guess agreed with them, personally, but i stayed silent and removed from it from a commissioner standpoint bc i'd rather have just let it be, and not get too technical about stuff and risk meddling or intefering and trying to make things "perfect".

thank you commissioner iSayUghh!

i have added my negatory veto to this sly ploy yet again attempted by Metro and the invisible yet one-sided DatPUNK.

let's see:
Tony Parker + Joakim Noah
for
Steph Curry + Blake Griffin

ok, Tony Parker's got fantasy point value, but a healthy Steph Curry and his remarkable 3-point ability far outshadows TP frog, and Blake Griffin is head and shoulders a better player and fantasy option than Noah's ark.

I agree to freeze DatPUNK's team for all the reasons you name above. totally unfair that he doesn't respond to anyone but Metro, and agrees to wheel and deal in latter part of season without making a move to his own team. VOTE AGAINST TRADE, deal with it, let's play the game.

smokes

Huge Member
Good call, at this point the DatPrince stuff was just getting boring. Better to nip it in the bud now and enjoy the rest of the season without controversy :)

CoolClyde

Knick Pirates Ahoy!

on a lighter note, I commend Crazy 8's, who has successfully transmorphed his PORK PIRATES into a NY Knicks squad, and this Thursday, against the Miami cHeat, will have a KNICKS-ONLY fantasy lineup.

GO KNICKS! GO CRAZY 8's! GO PIRATES OF PORK!

IMHO, it's insane to lose the competitive edge in order to root for your home team, but it does make sense in a crazy non-competitive way. I hate when my fantasy guys are playing the Knicks. It's like I only want to see my fantasy guys score, and I have a chip on my shoulder when a fantasy opponent has a scoring Knick...damn you Shao-Lin, love you Spike Lin, f*ck you MusketeerX (jk), but I'm still rooting for the Knicks! arghh, so damned conflicted matey!

the next time I play those Porky Pirates i'm gonna be out of my mind!
DAMN YOU TO HELL LOCO OCHOS!!!!!!!

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
I know lots of guys that avoid fantasy games for those reasons clyde. In another league I am starting the ENTIRE Knicks starting lineup, every single game they play and I've got Iman to boot. Had to trade Greg Monroe to get Tyson Chandler. And this is a league i am paying to play in! It worked out well for me this year with my 49ers doing so well in football that i decided to try it in basketball too.

Sometimes you just gotta go with that!

smokes

Huge Member
Yes I'm wondering if I'm gonna regret the trade that sends Crazy into Knick heaven! It all depends on Davis.

I've had him on my roster for like 50% of the year so it's not like I just picked him up from FA to trade him, was a tough call but I wanted to get some value out of him before Crazy did something well, crazy, and traded half his team to Musket for Jeremy Lin :lol:

It's commendable indeed, but with a 12 man lineup it does kindof screw with your ability to put points on the board day in day out.

smokes

Huge Member
Next year I will be drafting my own guys , not picking up a team that is already eliminated from contention. I will still finish this out though :teeth:

Are you playing RTE 1 Traffic Jam?

If so you've done an incredible job with that team. I mean it helps that some of your players are massively overachieving (Ryan Anderson COUGH) but I'm impressed with the performance.

There are still 6 weeks left until the playoffs. If you win 5 of those games it's not inconceivable you could reach for the playoffs. 7 teams on .500 or less!

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Yeah Thanks Smokes ... Ryan has been balling... if I can get 5 wins Ill be happy:gony:

I changed the name to RTE traffic Jam lol

metrocard

Legend
thank you commissioner iSayUghh!

i have added my negatory veto to this sly ploy yet again attempted by Metro and the invisible yet one-sided DatPUNK.

let's see:
Tony Parker + Joakim Noah
for
Steph Curry + Blake Griffin

ok, Tony Parker's got fantasy point value, but a healthy Steph Curry and his remarkable 3-point ability far outshadows TP frog, and Blake Griffin is head and shoulders a better player and fantasy option than Noah's ark.

I agree to freeze DatPUNK's team for all the reasons you name above. totally unfair that he doesn't respond to anyone but Metro, and agrees to wheel and deal in latter part of season without making a move to his own team. VOTE AGAINST TRADE, deal with it, let's play the game.

Dude shut up already, you been trolling this issue way too much...put too much energy into it, relax its dead...you're truely taking the fun away from this and take everything up the ass, literally. Its over, move on now.

smokes

Huge Member
Yes please lets just drop it now the controversy is over and this has been a nice friendly banter filled fun league all season. Lets keep it that way :beer:

IMHO, it's insane to lose the competitive edge in order to root for your home team, but it does make sense in a crazy non-competitive way. I hate when my fantasy guys are playing the Knicks. It's like I only want to see my fantasy guys score, and I have a chip on my shoulder when a fantasy opponent has a scoring Knick...damn you Shao-Lin, love you Spike Lin, f*ck you MusketeerX (jk), but I'm still rooting for the Knicks! arghh, so damned conflicted matey!

I actually see it the other way, root for the Knicks first and foremost every time but at least if someone is having a good game against us that's the silver lining.

Like the ol' Convertible and a Lake :thumbsup:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Are you playing RTE 1 Traffic Jam?

If so you've done an incredible job with that team. I mean it helps that some of your players are massively overachieving (Ryan Anderson COUGH) but I'm impressed with the performance.

There are still 6 weeks left until the playoffs. If you win 5 of those games it's not inconceivable you could reach for the playoffs. 7 teams on .500 or less!

How do you not know he's playing rte 1 traffic jam at this point??? :lol:

Isayyugh,

shame it had to come to this, but Metro pushed it there. the man can't get out of his own way. vetoed the trade too.

iSaYughh

Starter
shame it had to come to this, but Metro pushed it there. the man can't get out of his own way. vetoed the trade too.

I'm very hands off w/ stuff; like I said, I really had never cared what Dat_Prince ever did or would do, from a commissioner standpoint; if he suddenly started to play a week, it'd have sucked for whomever he'd be playing, but such is life, I'm not trying to micromanage anybody.

Even with Metro's trades themselves, the league's setup where the league has the right to vote down a trade if a big majority just votes it down.

But w/ the added controversy and potential can of worms that got opened up, just had to be done for sake of moving forward and just squashing stuff.

For sake of just moving and no more bs and controversy it had to be be done. Hella fun league and nice n competitive -- want it to stay that way :beer:

smokes

Huge Member
How do you not know he's playing rte 1 traffic jam at this point??? :lol:

I knew someone else was playing on that team just didn't know the KO.com username :)

For sake of just moving and no more bs and controversy it had to be be done. Hella fun league and nice n competitive -- want it to stay that way :beer:

Yes, it feels like the real NBA trying to make a trade in this league... Waiting for some GM's for a week to make a decision... *cough* :lol: