KO.COM's Very Own Fantasy League

iSaYughh

Starter
can someone explain to me how this fantasy league works?
i'm making moves, but not sure what i'm doing, when are points tallied,
when can players be added/dropped and how long does a matchup lasts.

sorry for the ignorance, i'm sure this is fun when you know what's up.
is there a primer for the kind of league we've got going on?

thanks braaaaaah.
:3stooges:

Each week your team accumulates "points", based off scoring criteria like points, steals, blocks, rebounds, 3pters, etc.

Each week you face another team from the league. I believe there are 9 "scoring" criteria that gauge your players' performance throughout the week.

Whomever wins the most categories based off those points each week gets the "win" over your opponent. (eg, if you win 5 categories, he wins 4, you beat him and notch a "win" in the standings, he gets a loss).

We got two divisions right now, and I think 8 teams make playoffs, with top seeds, etc. That's of course based off how you rank in your division based off those wins/losses.

You can drop a player from your team and pick up another from "free agency"/waiver whenever; I think 4 moves like that are allowed per week. And you can change your lineup whenever you like, daily, rotating around guys already on your team; as long as a player on your roster hasn't already begun that day's game, you can bench him and replace him with someone from your bench or team whenever you'd like.

CoolClyde

Crust Crew Trade?

I've got a plethora of point guards, looking to trade for a center or PF/C.
i'm willing to trade DJ Augustin, True Holiday, or Andre the Giant Miller.
any takers?

CoolClyde

Fantastic Fantasy Fantasm

does anyone check their fantasy email boxes?

now i'm looking to trade for a SG as well as a C/PF
i've got PG's and C's available to trade...
:hoops:

CoolClyde

Fantasy F*ckers!

:wazup: hey dudos! just keeping this thread alive, this is my first fantasy league ever, and now that i've gotten the hang of it, it's a total blast, and i'm having a great match against Ronoranina's Multiple Scorgasms (ha!) that will probably go down to the wire, unless Chrispaul just puts me away.

I notice a lot of you are not substituting on a daily basis, thus not giving it your all with what you've got. If you pay attention to your daily team, this will be a great league for all involved. I'd like to see everyone do their best, even when the Knicks are blowing hard, it's fun to see your players do well in their respective games.

If anyone wants help, feel free to private message me, it only took me a couple days to get it together; I think I've made a couple good moves as well as a few stupid adds/drops, but I didn't personally draft, so I have myself to blame.

I'm also looking to upgrade at PF/C and SG, so I'm open to trades, if anyone's looking for a decent PG.

good luck to everyone, have a happy new year, go Knicks go!
:pimp:
Cool F*cking Clyde

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Exactly

:wazup: hey dudos! just keeping this thread alive, this is my first fantasy league ever, and now that i've gotten the hang of it, it's a total blast, and i'm having a great match against Ronoranina's Multiple Scorgasms (ha!) that will probably go down to the wire, unless Chrispaul just puts me away.

I notice a lot of you are not substituting on a daily basis, thus not giving it your all with what you've got. If you pay attention to your daily team, this will be a great league for all involved. I'd like to see everyone do their best, even when the Knicks are blowing hard, it's fun to see your players do well in their respective games.

If anyone wants help, feel free to private message me, it only took me a couple days to get it together; I think I've made a couple good moves as well as a few stupid adds/drops, but I didn't personally draft, so I have myself to blame.

I'm also looking to upgrade at PF/C and SG, so I'm open to trades, if anyone's looking for a decent PG.

Cool F*cking Clyde

Totally agree on all points Clyde. I've noticed the same thing. We're all busy but it only takes 5 min to make subs daily. You can even make substitutions for future games. I've got my team subbed and ready til Jan 2nd. All teams should be close to or at around 700 points. I see some with around 500.. wth??

This is a nice match up and it's been that way because we've been active. I want the rest of them to be as good.

Bottom line:

Get active guys!! :thumbsup:

Peace and Happy New Year,

Ronald

Yeah I'm one of the quilty ones. My bad guys. Been caught up but now I'm on my grind. Byw the scoring in this league is odd to me. Someone wanna explain?

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah can someone say exactly what scoring criteria are?

Is it those 9 that show up when you look at the head 2 head matchup? So whoever is higher in each category wins (or lower in the case of "attempted" and turnovers)?

I really don't understand it.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Yeah can someone say exactly what scoring criteria are?

Is it those 9 that show up when you look at the head 2 head matchup? So whoever is higher in each category wins (or lower in the case of "attempted" and turnovers)?

I really don't understand it.

Okay..

Each night your guys go out and accumulate stats in various categories, points, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks etc. The points garnered based on performance you had of each player that actually played that night, that you also had starting (which is key obviously) are added up and you either win on a given night or lose based on that total. At the end of the match up period, which you should see at the top of the match up grid, who ever has the highest total based on each nights performance wins the match up. Then you move on to play someone else.

This why it's imperative that you get your lineups straight everyday. If you have guys in your "seven" that have the night off you WILL NOT accumulate points in those slots. The first night of the season I had guys starting that didn't have a game at the two and SF, with Jason Terry and Shawn Marion sitting when they had games and it cost me dearly. Clyde got out to a huge lead. Had me wanting to quit LOL. But I stuck with it and it's been alot of fun.

This is my understanding of how the league works. Perhaps someone else can add more or correct me if I'm off on something. Hope this helps..

Lates

smokes

Huge Member
Okay..

Each night your guys go out and accumulate stats in various categories, points, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks etc. The points garnered based on performance you had of each player that actually played that night, that you also had starting (which is key obviously) are added up and you either win on a given night or lose based on that total. At the end of the match up period, which you should see at the top of the match up grid, who ever has the highest total based on each nights performance wins the match up. Then you move on to play someone else.

This why it's imperative that you get your lineups straight everyday. If you have guys in your "seven" that have the night off you WILL NOT accumulate points in those slots. The first night of the season I had guys starting that didn't have a game at the two and SF, with Jason Terry and Shawn Marion sitting when they had games and it cost me dearly. Clyde got out to a huge lead. Had me wanting to quit LOL. But I stuck with it and it's been alot of fun.

This is my understanding of how the league works. Perhaps someone else can add more or correct me if I'm off on something. Hope this helps..

Lates

I vaguely understand all of that what I don't understand is currently I'm leading my matchup 600 - 570. But from what I read earlier those totals mean nothing, I have to win 5 out of the 9 categories to win the matchup. I could win my matchup on points but still lose the actual matchup... Or so I understood it from iSayUgh

The other problem is I totally didn't realize you could change add/drop players so frequently and swap your lineup round day to day. I've only played fantasy football where it's a weekly thing. That's why I took B Davis and Iman in the draft so they could be useful to me later if someone went down injured, but in fact they are totally useless until they are playing and wasted picks :(

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Cool F*cking Clyde

Happy New Year to you too, Cool C, you electric pube.

I've had difficulty actually using the sliders to swap players. I don't know if it's my computer, or what? It makes me hemorrhage.

I thought drafting Tyreke Evans was a decent call, but the dude is smelly. Love to trade him! Between him and Jimmer I've got 2 Sacramento sacs that suck the sac.

I was frowned upon for drafting Kevin Love with the 2nd pick, but he's been awesome for me. I can also proudly say that I don't have any Boston or Miami ringworms on my team, and am doing rather tidily between Nene and Gay, Love. :3some:

I'll trade you Jimmer for your best player and some hooker spit.

Seriously though, I need some help @ the 2.

Who wants to talk transactions?

HNYK!

CoolClyde

every day you have a 7 man team, consisting of PG, SG, PF, SF, 2 x C and 1 utility player (can be any position). each day, you want to fill those positions with your best players who are actually playing that day, in those respective positions. some players are PG/SG, or PF/C, so they can fill either role, and so on.

also, pay attention to when a player is injured and not playing (you'll see a little red medical + next to his name), and fill his position with someone else. each day, you should change your team to fill each position, and SUBMIT CHANGES.

you are allowed to add/drop 4 players per week, and you can trade with other teams aside from that. add/drops don't take effect until a day later.

the accumulation of points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks earns fantasy points and turnovers take away points (damn you Metta World Peace and your -6 performance).

the team with most points at the end of the week wins the matchup.
good luck fellas, and happy new year!

YEAH KNICKS!!
:peace:

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;192905 said:
Happy New Year to you too, Cool C, you electric pube.

I've had difficulty actually using the sliders to swap players. I don't know if it's my computer, or what? It makes me hemorrhage.

I thought drafting Tyreke Evans was a decent call, but the dude is smelly. Love to trade him! Between him and Jimmer I've got 2 Sacramento sacs that suck the sac.

I was frowned upon for drafting Kevin Love with the 2nd pick, but he's been awesome for me. I can also proudly say that I don't have any Boston or Miami ringworms on my team, and am doing rather tidily between Nene and Gay, Love. :3some:

I'll trade you Jimmer for your best player and some hooker spit.

Seriously though, I need some help @ the 2.

Who wants to talk transactions?

HNYK!

Can Tyreke play the 3? I'll trade you for Landry Fields/Chauncey Billups!

CoolClyde

Metrocard is the beastin best this week for sure, the cocken de broken knows how to play this fantasy shite, hands down.

Porky 8's, I don't have much at the 2, i'm looking to upgrade there as well.
however i'd be willing to trade with you for Tyreke and Derrick Favors
from any 2 players here:

Jrue Holiday PG
DJ Augustin PG
Andre Miller PG
Stephen Jackson SG/PG
Metta World Penis SG/SF/PF
Andre Blatch PF/C
Brandon Bass PF/C
Roy Hibbert C

Anyone else interested?

iSaYughh

Starter
:beer: Glad to see KO brethren enjoying the league so!

Coolhand Clyde, sorry for not getting back sooner on the fantasy email -- been super busy, and I didn't have my notifications set up for when emails came. :afro:

Time to close out Week 1 with a W. Confident my team will be beasting and feasting this year :smokin:

smokes

Huge Member
Do you guys go deep looking for who is playing when and stuff? I have some absolutely horrible days next week whoever played me is guaranteed the W. Tuesday 3/12 players playing, Thursday 2/12 playing.... Just crazy.

iSaYughh

Starter
Do you guys go deep looking for who is playing when and stuff? I have some absolutely horrible days next week whoever played me is guaranteed the W. Tuesday 3/12 players playing, Thursday 2/12 playing.... Just crazy.

You can change players each day. So, on Tues you can sub in who you want (and do so in advance); and set Wednesday also with different players to make sure they are in your starting lineup, etc.

Oh,

:alert::alert::alert::alert::alert: Sac management just bent my ass over. Benched Cousins minutes before the game bc he requested a trade right before gametime. Unreal. :barf: