Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10203435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: KO.COM's Very Own Fantasy League

Originally Posted by smokes
    Ultimately I probably won't win another matchup unless I make the playoffs. I guess there's a miniscule chance I could beat you next week (if Rose is even back by then, he hasn't been cleared to run yet). It's a bit of a shame no longer being in control of my own fate as there's no motivation to play for the next 2 weeks. Playoffs are pretty much a lock for me, 6th-8th seed.

Thank you Derrick "I won't miss another big game this season" Rose.
    Injuries to key players can make you wonder why you ever bothered to enter the league.. so frustrating. I feel your pain dude, you too Coquis.

That said, I can't wait till next years fantasy league. Should be bigger and better with more players (KO members) hopefully, if possible.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Injuries to key players can make you wonder why you ever bothered to enter the league.. so frustrating. I feel your pain dude, you too Coquis.

That said, I can't wait till next years fantasy league. Should be bigger and better with more players (KO members) hopefully, if possible.
    It's not just the injuries its a lot of things. I'm mainly annoyed at myself because I spent the first month not having a clue how things worked and lost a couple of games purely because of that.

Last weeks matchup was PAINFUL.

- Rose missed 3 games
    - Tyreke missed 3 games
    - Gerald Wallace missed 2 games due to trade AND his debut was misreported, I left Dudley on the bench while he had a 40 fantasy point game
    - Granger **** the bed every single game
    - Gasol **** the bed almost every game
    - Harden managed to pick up an injury 2 minutes into the game when he was my last hope

The annoying thing is that my team is doing worse now, when I'm really trying! Faaaaaaail.

Does anyone know if the fantasy playoffs go down the same as the real playoffs? 1st plays 8th etc

Does anyone know if the fantasy playoffs go down the same as the real playoffs? 1st plays 8th etc
    only commissioner gordon knows for sure. here's what i gather from scoring and settings page:

Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (8 teams)
    Note: Week 24 runs 11 days from Apr 16 to Apr 26

Playoff Reseeding: Yes

Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes

Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

---------------------------

I assume the top Division winners play #4 in each division, but with playoff reseeding factor (huh? i got a reseeding for ya), who the f*ck knows? iSayUghhhhhhh?

here's one way to envision it:

WEEK 22 (8 teams)
    1 vs 4 in each division
    2 vs 3 in each division

WEEK 23 (4 teams)
    1 vs 4 winner (vs) 2 vs 3 winner (in each division)

WEEK 24 (2 teams)
    FINALS = 11 days to duke it out

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    only commissioner gordon knows for sure. here's what i gather from scoring and settings page:

Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (8 teams)
    Note: Week 24 runs 11 days from Apr 16 to Apr 26

Playoff Reseeding: Yes

Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes

Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

---------------------------

I assume the top Division winners play #4 in each division, but with playoff reseeding factor (huh? i got a reseeding for ya), who the f*ck knows? iSayUghhhhhhh?

here's one way to envision it:

WEEK 22 (8 teams)
    1 vs 4 in each division
    2 vs 3 in each division

WEEK 23 (4 teams)
    1 vs 4 winner (vs) 2 vs 3 winner (in each division)

WEEK 24 (2 teams)
    FINALS = 11 days to duke it out
    I don't think it can be a division battle, unless it switches to a division battle in the case that 4 people qualify from each division.

But as it stands, 5 teams would go into the playoffs from div 2 and only 3 from div 1.

Veteran

Right.

Basically, the division winners are awarded the top seeds. Even if someone from Division B has a better record than the #1 of Division A, eg.

**note** it will be #1 and #2 seeds. the divisions are effective combined. #1 seed would be the division winner with the superior record/point total.

After that, it is done by overall record; and overall points in event of a tiebreak.

And like normal standards, #1 seeds would play the lowest seeds in their division, etcetc.

Playoff Reseeding applies in event of an upset in the 1st Round, eg. It means that in the 2nd round, the seedings will still determine the matchups (eg if a #8 beats a #1, he isn't treated as the new #1).

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Right.

Basically, the division winners are awarded #1 seeds. Even if someone from Division B has a better record than the #1 of Division A, eg.

After that, it is done by overall record; and overall points in event of a tiebreak.

And like normal standards, #1 seeds would play the lowest seeds in their division, etcetc.

Playoff Reseeding applies in event of an upset in the 1st Round, eg. It means that in the 2nd round, the seedings will still determine the matchups (eg if a #8 beats a #1, he isn't treated as the new #1).
    Doesn't that get very confusing if only 3 people make it out of one division?

Veteran

Doesn't that get very confusing if only 3 people make it out of one division?
    See: the note i insta-edited to my post

The divisions are effectively combined in the playoffs; save for the top two seeds being chosen by whomever won their respective divisions.

Division 2 is so up in the air... Any one of us could actually win the division.

However by the weekend, all playoff spots will likely be secured.

Veteran

True. You all have pretty tough matches for the final week, too.

And are all embroiled in battles right now.

Derrick Rose (groin) still hasn't started running and is "more week-to-week than day-to-day," according to beat writer K.C. Johnson.
    The Bulls have officially listed Rose as day-to-day and keep saying he's a game-time decision, but they're just playing a "cat-and-mouse game." At this point, it would be a surprise if the reigning MVP plays against the Raptors Saturday.
    Sigh

Veteran

Sigh
    What's this dude's problem!

The injuries where you don't even know wtf is going on are the worst.

It's like....get healthy and play every night; or find out what's going on, diagnose it, heal, and get **** going.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    ... The divisions are effectively combined in the playoffs; save for the top two seeds being chosen by whomever won their respective divisions.
    sh*t man! Coquis is pounding p0nder, with his final week vs Rte 1 Jam, who has effectively quit... unless he miraculously makes a spoiler appearance.... KNICKS4LIFE_1985, WHERE ARE YOU? THE CRUST CREW IS CALLING YOU! ATTENTION, TRAFFIC JAM! DIRECT YOURSELF TO KO FANTASY LAND!

why so glum, Smokes? take a puff and think positive, envision a win...yeah, DRose is f*cked up now, but i'm sure he'll be fine cum playoff time, and I have a feeling you'll be in... even after I slaughter you next week... JK

why so glum, Smokes? take a puff and think positive, envision a win...yeah, DRose is f*cked up now, but i'm sure he'll be fine cum playoff time, and I have a feeling you'll be in... even after I slaughter you next week... JK
    He's missed 1/3 of the season mate he ain't gonna do ****. I've honestly considered dropping him. Useless ****s.

Veteran

sh*t man! Coquis is pounding p0nder, with his final week vs Rte 1 Jam, who has effectively quit... unless he miraculously makes a spoiler appearance.... KNICKS4LIFE_1985, WHERE ARE YOU? THE CRUST CREW IS CALLING YOU! ATTENTION, TRAFFIC JAM! DIRECT YOURSELF TO KO FANTASY LAND!

Yep!

LOL @ the bat signal call to the TRAFFIC JAM.

Unless I donut this week and next I should be in playoffs. My squad had a valiant day, today; I smell another one of my late-week comeback wins. And I'll finish as the lowest seed going into playoffs despite having 2nd most total points, leading to an epic 1st round battle with Metro.