Trade Idea

CA7

Scoring Champ
New York-Memphis

Knicks get- OJ Mayo

Grizzles get- Landry Fields, Renaldo Balkman and Cash Considerations

Memphis- They cut a lot of salary which is what they are trying to accomplish, they get a great rotation guy in Fields who fits more with them than he does with us now, Balkman can back up the 3/4 and is basically a throw in and the cash makes the deal work but also allows them to pay off Balkman and Fields without reaching in to their pockets.

New York- We need a legit #3 scorer and OJ Mayo can do that, he can also defend, spot up and handle the ball, he's lost in Memphis and could be a great asset for us. We can find another guy like Fields but OJ's talent is too much to pass up if we can grab him. At 6'4 he can play both guard spots along with Douglas and Shumpert, we lose Fields rebounding but we will make up for it with NY3 down there eating up the boards. Douglas-Mayo-Shumpert looks great going forward and we also get some more athleticism at the guard spot which I think we need. Mayo can be a great #2 option if in the right system and I think playing off our new core will help him grow. I see him as a 15ppg 5apg guy for us.

We can then add Joey Graham as our back up 3 and go with this rotation

PG- Toney Douglas
SG- OJ Mayo
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Amar'e Stoudemire
C- Tyson Chandler

G- Iman Shumpert
PG- Mike Bibby
C- Jerome Jordan
PF- Jared Jeffries
SF- Joey Graham
SG- Bill Walker
C/F- Josh Harrelson
G/F- Devin Green
C/F- Chris Hunter

what you guys think

Wargames

Starter
I thought the Knicks couldn't give cash considerations after the spent 3 million doing that during the Turiaf deal.