Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Baron Davis is a Knick

Default Baron Davis is a Knick

@ESPNSteinLine Mark Stein Just going up on ESPN com: Sources say Baron Davis has committed to sign with Knicks. Link on the way

Yessssss!!!!!

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    @ESPNSteinLine Mark Stein Just going up on ESPN com: Sources say Baron Davis has committed to sign with Knicks. Link on the way
    good signing, let's hope we can see who can be the best backup PG.

Once Davis is healthy I see Bibby and Shumpert playing PG.

I think TD is done at PG once Davis is healthy.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Could be great (he misght take us very far), as it could be a non factor.
    If he and/or Bibby can really play at a good level (starter worthy) we suddenly have good enough depth at the guard spots.
    I hope this deal was for the Vet. Min. and save the 2.5 millions for someone like... Posey?

Will he experience a miraculous recovery? I wouldn't be surprised.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Hope its a one year contract.

Superstar

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Yessssss!!!!!

Beat me to it.

Superstar

Nice. We could definitely use him. I was afraid that STAT's comments from the other day might interfere with him signing here but I guess not. If he comes in humble and ready to play he can have a huge impact. A forgotten part of this guy's game is his passing. The first thing most of us think about is this guy's one-on-one play and his scoring ability but he's always been a very good playmaker/assist man. One of the league's best in fact. The offense will run a lot smoother with this guy at the controls over Toney Douglas. It just doesn't come naturally to Toney. He's a very mechanical PG that thinks way too much and misses so much going on out there. He just doesn't see things as they develop...I feel bad because I like Toney and I know he's trying. He's just not a natural PG. Never has been, probably never will be.

Say this is true and we grab Baron and he comes back in a couple of weeks healthy from the back issues -- what happens then? Who's PT gets cut? TD's, because he has constant trouble running the team at the point (and he's an undersized 2)? Bibby's because he's new to the team and has slowed down a lot? Shump's because he's a rookie? Walker's because he's hurt and he's never been that effective anyway? I wonder if this sets up another trade eventually -- maybe something built around TD for a real legit backup 2 or a backup big? I mean you don't bring in Baron Davis not to play him as long as he's healthy. If he can go, he's gonna play. Big upgrade at the point -- he may have been an upgrade over Billups if Chauncey were still here... He won't even have to put 20-25 shots up like he's done in the past -- just concentrate on running the team, knock down open/high % looks and play a little defense...We'll figure it out. This guy came into Cleveland and fit in like a glove next to all their young players late last year..He's adaptable...I like the options we're gonna have now..No brainer. Nice job!
    Last edited by finestrg; Dec 18, 2011 at 14:43.

Originally Posted by Seba
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Could be great (he misght take us very far), as it could be a non factor.
    If he and/or Bibby can really play at a good level (starter worthy) we suddenly have good enough depth at the guard spots.
    I hope this deal was for the Vet. Min. and save the 2.5 millions for someone like... Posey?
    I read that veteran minimum is 221,000. Is that correct?

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Everyone is believing this Informaton HOWEVER, checking out ESPN, Yahoo Sports etc . I have not seen this deal reported on and the original post says LINK COMING!!!!! I saw the Link...WOWEEEEEEEE
    Last edited by DrB; Dec 18, 2011 at 14:55. Reason: saw the link

Originally Posted by DrB
    I read that veteran minimum is 221,000. Is that correct?
    Lol, minimum salary for a vet playing around for 10+ years is $1,352,181.

[quote=Dzwonsson;190618]Lol, minimum salary for a vet playing around for 10+ years is $1,352,181. [/quoteThank you as I saw JJ and Bibby signed for the minimum Veterans Salary and it was what you said...lol. TY Any link to the Baron Davis signing?

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Lol, minimum salary for a vet playing around for 10+ years is $1,352,181.

What i dont understand is.. if cleveland is paying him salary difference... why are we giving him 2.5 whe we could of just gave him the vet min????

mind boggling....or am i missing something... could we save that for another free agent not amestied

Veteran

Originally Posted by moneyg
    What i dont understand is.. if cleveland is paying him salary difference... why are we giving him 2.5 whe we could of just gave him the vet min????

mind boggling....or am i missing something... could we save that for another free agent not amestied
    Probably the usual Knicks MGMT showing weakness.......Maybe Davis wanted to see who was willing to offer him more despite it not making a difference to him..

with that said I think in a shortened season a guy like Baron Davis for one year can only help and maybe help alot....downside is we do not play him if he sucks...

worth the risk....

@moneyg: rich wanna get richer, there is no other player that is available, committed to play for the Knicks and that we need. Why should we keep our room MLE rights? Baron was the last addition to our roster this offseason. Are you worried about Dolan's financial situation?