Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Baron Davis is a Knick

Out of shape Baron Davis is bad news.

In shape Baron Davis (motivated Baron Davis) is good news. He was great with Blake Griffin...why? Motivation. With Melo and Stat here, Davis will be motivated.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    good signing, let's hope we can see who can be the best backup PG.

Once Davis is healthy I see Bibby and Shumpert playing PG.

I think TD is done at PG once Davis is healthy.
    Im not sure what to think about that, it depends on how good Douglas plays. The problem is I cant doubt him but i wouldnt bet on him delivering. One thing i do agree with is that someone is out of the rotation, and its gonna be douglas or bibby. I dont think Bibby is as bad as some say he is, but i see him as a possible candidate here. Who's gonna shoot better? And when D'antoni makes that decision, will he factor in defense?

I think its a great signing...if there was a chance at Posey that would be awesome too, but i have a feeling he's heading to Boston

Wrong Season Stat
    Last edited by KnicksWithTheKnack; Dec 18, 2011 at 23:18.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ].............his build has been consistent to this day!
    Last edited by carlhil2; Dec 19, 2011 at 00:16.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Probably the usual Knicks MGMT showing weakness.......Maybe Davis wanted to see who was willing to offer him more despite it not making a difference to him..

with that said I think in a shortened season a guy like Baron Davis for one year can only help and maybe help alot....downside is we do not play him if he sucks...

worth the risk....
    I mean we lost Shawne Williams trying to be cute and not offer him the money he wanted and the heat still have 2 million left from their MLE. So instead of even making it a choice of money over location offer him the money. It might be a rumor but if they offered him 2.5 for just one year instead of two consider that a moral victory since if he wastes this opportunity or stays injured he wouldn't affect the Knicks using their full MLE next year on one of the available PG's I. Free agency

Great pickup when he gets healthy. A healthy Davis is almost as good as Billups

Originally Posted by jpz17
    Great pickup when he gets healthy. A healthy Davis is almost as good as Billups
    A healthy Davis is actually better than Billups for this system I mean 32 is solid for Davis hopefully he can stay healthy he hasnt been a notable injury prone guy but his injuries often come when he's at his peak

Lord guide my steps and my path. Help me to do good on this earth. Inspire, believe, dream, and do good deeds!! Amen!!
    Ps. Selfishly... A NEW YORK KNICKS CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Amen #todayisagreatday
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

Good pick up, when healthy davis is a beast.People forget this kid is a great passer, actually the best we have right now, TD and mike bib are more shooters than set up guys, they don't break down anyone on defense to create shots for anyone else.I think this is great, i just hope he stays on the court and we'll be good.

He's got everything he needs to make an impact in the Garden, the skills, the look(beard), the personality, he's flashy, he loves highlight plays and he's clutch. I really hope he's ready Christmas Day cause the Garden is gonna be so ****in epic its crazy

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Great news, 4 stars starting for us.

Baron still has it on offense, he torched us at the Garden last season when he was with Cleveland, do you remember?

His defense is a huge question mark though.

Still, we're looking good.

Conference Finals here we come!

he has always been above average defender, personally I dont think we lost much exchanging billups with baron on the defensive end
    especially being that we dont plan on having baron match up with the other teams pgs any way, that job goes to douglas and shumpert
    baron will always switch over to body up shooting guards if the other teams pg is quick.

we officially have a triple threat with baron

a veteran who has performed big on big stages in the playoffs before

a legitimate play maker at the poing guard position who as we saw with the warriors just a few years ago, makes every one around him better i.e. jason richardson, al harrington, kellena azabuikie 50 win playoff team, knocking off the mavericks in the first round.

and third a player who is in a winning situation surrounded by stars who wants to prove himself

there might not be a more dangerous veteran weapon in the league outside of billups who in clipper land will be looking to prove the same things.

Last edited by rady; Dec 19, 2011 at 12:04.

Default Davis Signs with Knicks(Official)

Its official! Contract is signed.

Damn I cant wait for this regular season to start, this is going to be the best season ever. Baron Davis used to be one of my favorite players, I feel as excited as when we got Tmac. Just imagine this though. Davis,Arenas,Anthony,Stoudemire and Chandler. That would be so dope lol.

Being a goofball

Mix from last year

Career Mix

That dunk over Garnett was one of the better dunks in NBA history.
    Last edited by WillTheThrill; Dec 19, 2011 at 11:30.

Lurker

This is a great pick up.