Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Baron Davis is a Knick

Oh no doubt, cant wait to see him play.

AT GUARD, AT 6'3, FROM UCLA, NUMBER 85, BAAAROOON DAAAVIIIS!

Guys we might see Arenas team up with Davis. Aren't they friends?I know Arenas grew up in the Los Angeles area as well.

We need a 3/4 guy not another chucker

oh no. not Arenas!

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    (motivated Baron Davis) is good news. .
    he is making 14m for each of the next 2 years... exactly how much does he need to be motivated... 16/18/25... what is the number????

It's not only about money, it's also about playing for a team you want to be part of.

Veteran

^^ Yep!

It's not about money, at all. Davis' beefs have always been because he wouldn't take bull**** from people while playing for gimp franchises.

With the Clippers, Davis played for Sterling and beefed with him as much as any Clip had.

You can make the case that someone making that cheese should STFU and just "go to work", regardless of whether their "Boss" is a total dick.

But either way, that's not how the NBA works, and it's not a typical work environment where if you hate your boss you can simply pack up and go to greener pastures.

Davis is a proven competitor, willing to battle through injury, and lead teams, including leading teams in the playoffs to big wins.

And we got him for a vet min while we are PG-starved.

Veteran

He was stuck with Don Nelson in GSW, then he had to put up with that racist **** Donald Sterling, and then he was dealt to the sorriest franchise in the NBA.

I don't blame him for it, to be honest.

Originally Posted by WillTheThrill
    Guys we might see Arenas team up with Davis. Aren't they friends?I know Arenas grew up in the Los Angeles area as well.
    We don't need Arenas and his guns in the locker room. We have a 2.5 mini mid level left to pursue James Posey, who is more of a need since we lost Shawne Williams.

Veteran

James Posey or KRIS HUMP

Seriously though, both could be good choices, but I like Kris Hump more because we need some rebounding.

Superstar

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    James Posey or KRIS HUMP

Seriously though, both could be good choices, but I like Kris Hump more because we need some rebounding.
    i want posey. We really need more depth at small forward, I think we have more pf/centers than D'Antoni will even play.

Some great Baron stats, per John Hollinger at ESPN:

"Davis had the most valuable assists in the league last season, and it wasn't even close. Among players with at least 300 assists, Davis' average assist was worth .841 points, well ahead of the league average of .667. And lest you think that was all from having Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan slamming down dunks, consider that Davis' assist value didn't change at all after the trade to Cleveland. More than half of Davis' assists were layups or dunks, according to Hoopdata.com, compared to the league average of 38 percent; conversely, only 26.3 percent of his dimes were "bad" assists that led to 2-pointers away from the basket".[i stole this from another forum!]

Great! We needed a PG that could run, shoot and be a playmaker. With our roster and cap space it was impossible to achieve so we get Bibby and Baron Davis and now we have the running PG (Toney), the shooter (Bibby) and the playmaker (Baron Davis). One PG for every need and occasion.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

nice, im liking the move. Davis provides a backbone to Douglas as a fall back option. im confident in our backcourt with Davis, Bibby, Douglas,, Fields and imax we're in good shape. all thats left for this team is posey i really want em. before i wanted Stevenson but with the davis signing the least of our needs is another guard. but posey would fit tremendously