Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Look like BD signs for vet min, not full minny MLE

  1. #1
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Look like BD signs for vet min, not full minny MLE

    Sorry forgot to include the twitter link

    But it looks like this allows The Knicks to pursue James Posey


    But it never did make sense to me if we had paid Baron 2.5 million since its only off sets his Clev. salary, thus it being no benefit to gut the payroll of his new team.


    Now the report said Posey was the target, yet my I think the vet min is 1.4 so if BD signs 1.4 that only leaves 1.1, anyways, still enough change to get someone in there to fill back up forward position for us.

  2. #2
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I'm pretty sure vet min deals do not use up mini exception so we still have the full 2.5 to offer.

  3. #3
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I'm pretty sure vet min deals do not use up mini exception so we still have the full 2.5 to offer.

    I happily stand corrected!!!

  4. #4

    Default

    O M G. This is such great news!Lets sign arenas to vet min and then sign posey for exception.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I still say Kris Hump. Yes, I know it's getting annoying, but I'll keep saying the Knicks should sign Kris Hump until someone finally signs Kris Hump

  6. #6
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I still say Kris Hump. Yes, I know it's getting annoying, but I'll keep saying the Knicks should sign Kris Hump until someone finally signs Kris Hump
    not annoying at all, in fact I have been thinking the same thing, good rebounder, would be great as our back up PF!

    I just imagine once we start the bidding at a 1 year 2.5 million dollar contract then he will get flooded with offers and ultimatley take one of them, like Crawford.

  7. #7
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I still say Kris Hump. Yes, I know it's getting annoying, but I'll keep saying the Knicks should sign Kris Hump until someone finally signs Kris Hump
    Agreed 100%, he'd be a welcome addition.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    U do not need a guy who looked like a moron with the Kardashians in the locker room......

    Knicks are finally get back their swagger who needs this loser

  9. #9
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    On top of that Kim Kardashian and LaLa are like BFF's so she'll be at Knick games scouting her next playboy we dont Humphries getting rattled by the scene of Kim flirting with Jorts or Shump making him angry and thus ruining what we got going

  10. #10
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Sorry forgot to include the twitter link

    But it looks like this allows The Knicks to pursue James Posey


    But it never did make sense to me if we had paid Baron 2.5 million since its only off sets his Clev. salary, thus it being no benefit to gut the payroll of his new team.


    Now the report said Posey was the target, yet my I think the vet min is 1.4 so if BD signs 1.4 that only leaves 1.1, anyways, still enough change to get someone in there to fill back up forward position for us.
    we are still allowed to use the 2.5 mil. It's allowed no matter how over the cap you are, thats why it's an "exception."

    James Dolan told Davis that they wanted him to sacrifice money to get Posey in and Baron agreed. Baron is still making about 14 mil from his contract with the Cavs, plus 1.4 from the Knicks so he souldn't complain about a million.

    If we can get James Posey, then that would replace Shawne Williams and I think Posey is just a more experienced version of Williams with a better IQ..perfect role player.

    Howard Beck: By the way, I'm told Baron signed for the vet's minimum ($1.4 mil), not the room exception ($2.5 mil). So Knicks still in chase for Posey Twitter

    NEW YORK KNICKS, FREE AGENCY, BARON DAVIS, JAMES POSEY | SHARE
    Sam Amick: Source says NY owner James Dolan convinced Davis it was worth sacrifice to keep Knicks in running for other vets (James Posey among them) Twitter

Similar Threads

  1. We DO NOT have the FULL MLE
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2011, 14:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •