Thread: Steve Novak to join Knicks?

Threaded View

Superstar

Shawne Williams was a real interesting player for us last yr. He hit 3s on offense but then on defense, he actually did a decent job of guarding perimeter players as well as bigger players down on the low block. Plus he helped out on the glass too. That's where Shawne's real value was..

This guy Novak's nothing like that at all. He's completely one-dimensional. The man shoots 3s and nothing else. He's really a waste of a 6'10" body...Still, if he can take and make 3s like he's done in the past (albeit in limited duty), he's got some value in Mike's system I guess...Hey, when you think about it, what else did Peja Stojakovic really do for the Mavs last yr beside shoot 3s? And he played a MAJOR role throughout the entire playoffs for that team..This guy's stroke is pretty much on par with Peja's more or less. My thing is, how do we get him on the floor long enough for him to have an impact? I mean do we play Melo at the 2 for stretches and let this guy come in there and fire away from deep at the 3 spot? Maybe that can work. That's about the only thing I can think of...I guess he can also play some stretch 4, with Chandler and Melo on the floor with him...Otherwise, I don't see who's PT this guy's taking..

You can make a real case that until we come up with something substantially better, Balkman deserves PT over this guy and Jeffries. And honestly, if we really wanted this type of player: 6'11" Nick Fazekas and 6'10" Rob Kurz are similar but far better options imho. These two are also great perimeter shooters with similar size that at least rebound the ball too..Just sayin'.
    Last edited by finestrg; Dec 20, 2011 at 20:39.