Knicks V Celts - Season Opener - Dec 25, 12:00

For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Melo & STAT's Combined Point Total

• Total voters
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH BABYYYYYYY

THAT NYC swagger baby that NYC swagger!!!

THat that Garnet you ****ing piece of shit!

Chocking Billy Walker...**** you Gaynett!

Billy was about to bust his ass!

Garnett can thank Baron Davis for stepping in, man Billy was about to kill him, had that riot look on his face.

Wargames

Starter
Garnett is a dirty SOB and a sour loser..... Also damn that was a freak accident with shumpert but 2 weeks is ok that looked like a 10 week injury the way he was limping.

Also TD and shumpert took way to many shots. They weren't bad shots but if they're not going down stop it.

finestrg

Rotation player
Sprained MCL, 2 weeks min.

Great win. Bad news on Shump....I guess it could be worse though, right? I take it a sprained MCL is less severe than other knee injuries..Man I hope so. Can anyone discuss...And was it speculation or an official diagnoses? Sorry, I know you guys prob. discussed it already..I got to the party late.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day man! Enjoy the day with your families everybody!!! Off to a great start with this great win!!!!!!!!

Sage

Rotation player
Hi guys, I'm posting now cos I passed out for a few minutes there, too intense for me.

Unbelievable game to open the season. Knicks with a 17 point lead, Celts go on a 22-2 run and we come back to win!

I thought about 30 minutes of our defense was reasonable to good, but that 3rd quarter was awful.

Suck it Boston, suck it Garnett, suck it from the bench Pierce.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Sucks to hear about Shump Shump. But I think we'll be OK without him - it'll give him some time to watch some film and work on his shot selection while he's out.

Knicks won today but am I the only one who is still not very happy with how this team is being put together? Tyson Chandler, our pricey off-season acquisition, grabbed himself a grand total of THREE rebounds today. We were outrebounded by TEN today, and Rondo continues to make us into his bitch every single time we play him.

The way we played today we almost lost to a Paul Pierce-less Celdicks team. There's no way we would beat Miami or Dallas playing the way we did today. We had a great first half but man we lost it in the third quarter, and as a fan you have to ask the question "How many more times does this team have to come out flat in the 3rd quarter for our coach to get axed and something to happen?"

Hopefully this improves as the season goes on. As of right now, looks like the same old Knicks team that got swept in the postseason last year.

Gotta love the clutchness of this team, we just spanked these fools on national television. Feels good to finally beat these guys, you can tell our team just gained more confidence off of this win. :gony:

Sage

Rotation player
Great win. Bad news on Shump....I guess it could be worse though, right? I take it a sprained MCL is less severe than other knee injuries..Man I hope so. Can anyone discuss...And was it speculation or an official diagnoses? Sorry, I know you guys prob. discussed it already..I got to the party late.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day man! Enjoy the day with your families everybody!!! Off to a great start with this great win!!!!!!!!

Alan Hahn and Knicks official twitter. MCL is the major ligament on the inner side of your knee, as opposed to the ACL which is generally more serious.

I swear it looked season ending, so glad to hear it's only a couple weeks.

-EDIT-

Also, I feel like the Knicks just won a playoff series. That's how intense that was.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Anthony- I just wanna say I will always believe in his game while everyone else doubts him

Stoudemire- quiet game we really need him to step up defensively

Chandler- everything we never had we got with him

Douglas- solid overall, needs to work on his playmaking skills

Fields- needs to work on his release some but solid on Allen late in the game

Shumpert- played well sucks he got hurt but he's got a bright future p.s. the training staff said he's out for at least 2 weeks, Sager reported it

Kiyaman

Legend
A win is a win is a WIN....but DAMN!
Boston out-rebounded us 41 to 31....in this game.
We lead 21 to 16 in rebounds at halftime....
What the F... went wrong?

finestrg

Rotation player
Alan Hahn and Knicks official twitter. MCL is the major ligament on the inner side of your knee, as opposed to the ACL which is generally more serious.

I swear it looked season ending, so glad to hear it's only a couple weeks.

-EDIT-

Also, I feel like the Knicks just won a playoff series. That's how intense that was.

Good job Sage..Thanks for the info.

All the Celtic fans that are saying we only won this because they didn't have Paul Pierce need to suck a **ck. We didn't have Davis, Bibby, Shumpert got injured and we still made a comeback and won. Plus we didn't have STAT or Billups during the playoffs and Celtic fans started acting like they won the championship.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Sucks to hear about Shump Shump. But I think we'll be OK without him - it'll give him some time to watch some film and work on his shot selection while he's out.

Knicks won today but am I the only one who is still not very happy with how this team is being put together? Tyson Chandler, our pricey off-season acquisition, grabbed himself a grand total of THREE rebounds today. We were outrebounded by TEN today, and Rondo continues to make us into his bitch every single time we play him.

The way we played today we almost lost to a Paul Pierce-less Celdicks team. There's no way we would beat Miami or Dallas playing the way we did today. We had a great first half but man we lost it in the third quarter, and as a fan you have to ask the question "How many more times does this team have to come out flat in the 3rd quarter for our coach to get axed and something to happen?"

Hopefully this improves as the season goes on. As of right now, looks like the same old Knicks team that got swept in the postseason last year.
an incredible amount of bounces as well as whistles went their way and we beat them with half a pgi think we'll be okay

Sage

Rotation player
All the Celtic fans that are saying we only won this because they didn't have Paul Pierce need to suck a **ck. We didn't have Davis, Bibby, Shumpert got injured and we still made a comeback and won. Plus we didn't have STAT or Billups during the playoffs and Celtic fans started acting like they won the championship.

^This. This NEVER happened in the past, it's the Celtics that should be scared.

Shump is out 4-5 weeks with strained MCL. :barf:

2-4 is the latest I've heard. He's young, hopefully he makes a quick recovery.