View Poll Results: For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Melo & STAT's Combined Point Total

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll

2 5.71%

1 2.86%

1 2.86%

4 11.43%

2 5.71%

4 11.43%

3 8.57%

0 0%

7 20.00%
  • 49 - ADD YOUR ESTIMATE IN YOUR POST IF HIGHER OR LOWER

11 31.43%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415

Thread: Knicks V Celts - Season Opener - Dec 25, 12:00

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @CA7: you forgot about the refs making calls against the C's.
    How could I forget that

Out of all the contenders we are the most incomplete. We lack an ideal 2 Guard for our team but Fields is doing the best he can. We dont have a true PG, while Shumpert can be that I like his role for him. I hope either Bill Walker turns into JR Smith with Defense cause that would be great, but do you notice he always pushes off and gets called for that offensive foul when he attacks the rim

I hope there's other people who weren't impressed by Rondo's play. His stats don't indicate how average he really is.

Veteran

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I hope there's other people who weren't impressed by Rondo's play. His stats don't indicate how average he really is.
    LOL?

What r you talking about? Rondo? Average?

He's one of the best, most aware passers and able facilitators in the NBA. That is not able to be disputed. And when you play PG, that makes you extremely good. He is also one of the best rebounders, ball thiefs, and defenders at his position.

That he has had quality players around him isn't a neg, either -- it's just showed that he is able to work with good players and stars and lead them to the promised land as distributor.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    LOL?

He's one of the best, most aware passers and able facilitators in the NBA. That is not able to be disputed. And when you play PG, that makes you extremely good. He is also one of the best rebounders, ball thiefs, and defenders at his position.

That he has had quality players around him isn't a neg, either -- it's just showed that he is able to work with good players and stars and lead them to the promised land as distributor.
    Holy ****, if that was average Rondo I'd hate to see him on his game I mean lets be real, all the critics and haters can say our win was not impressive but lets not turn into them. Rondo kicked our ass but we still won.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Holy ****, if that was average Rondo I'd hate to see him on his game I mean lets be real, all the critics and haters can say our win was not impressive but lets not turn into them. Rondo kicked our ass but we still won.
    Or maybe we defended him badly for most of the game.

Don't get me wrong, he did have some good and impressive plays, and average maybe exaggerating, but this is a guy they wanted to trade, for another PG. If he was anywhere near elite the Celtics wouldn't be worrying about their future as much and Ray Allen wouldn't be taking wrongful shots at David West for choosing the Pacers over them.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Dec 26, 2011 at 19:06.

Superstar

This was such a great game. My hands were literally shaking by the end of it. Rondo is top 3 PG in the game. No one has a more acute awareness of everything that is going on on the court.

Yeah we could have guarded him better; but, make no mistake, he does this to 95% of the people who guard him.

Damn had to avoid the forums for an entire day so I could watch the game without knowing the result! What a nailbiter!

We definitely miss a PG but there was plenty of positives to take from the game. Was played pretty smartly down the stretch even by notorious "give the game away" D'Antoni!

Lol at KG getting his panties in a twist after the game what a sweet victory

Why is there such a delay in Knicks first and second game?

Seems like boston is playing 4 before we play 2?

Because they're staying not that far from Boston and we're heading to the West?

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Dude seriously you and these other people that keep underrating Rondo just need to stop.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    LOL?

I don't get it either. You don't put up numbers like that and make the type of plays he makes w/out the mind and skills to make it happen. These people who doubt Rondo don't know what there seeing on the court.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Damn had to avoid the forums for an entire day so I could watch the game without knowing the result! What a nailbiter!

We definitely miss a PG but there was plenty of positives to take from the game. Was played pretty smartly down the stretch even by notorious "give the game away" D'Antoni!

Lol at KG getting his panties in a twist after the game what a sweet victory
    Yea i had to stay away as well. Finally got to finish watching dvr recording. Awesome win! Melo was such a beast and Chandler really holds everything together defensively. This teams going places.

Veteran

If we want to say that Rondo is average, we have to make him look average first.

So far, we've been making him look better than John Stockton, so saying that he's average is a gross underestimation of his performance against us.

I hate Rondo. I seriously do. The guy is a punk who plays dirty as hell (so do the rest of the Celtics, like Kevin "I trip and choke people who are almost a foot shorter than I am" Garnett) but we've got no grounds calling him average if we're letting him score 30+ points a game against us.

It's inexcusable. Rondo doesn't have much of a jump shot and he can't hit free throws. How in the world are we letting this guy look so good? It'd be one thing if he kept driving to the basket but my goodness he was dropping jumpers on us and that's just sad for a player who we know has no skills in that category. That means mean that we're leaving him WIDE open, and if you watch the footage, we basically let him do whatever he wanted.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    If we want to say that Rondo is average, we have to make him look average first.

So far, we've been making him look better than John Stockton, so saying that he's average is a gross underestimation of his performance against us.

I hate Rondo. I seriously do. The guy is a punk who plays dirty as hell (so do the rest of the Celtics, like Kevin "I trip and choke people who are almost a foot shorter than I am" Garnett) but we've got no grounds calling him average if we're letting him score 30+ points a game against us.

It's inexcusable. Rondo doesn't have much of a jump shot and he can't hit free throws. How in the world are we letting this guy look so good? It'd be one thing if he kept driving to the basket but my goodness he was dropping jumpers on us and that's just sad for a player who we know has no skills in that category. That means mean that we're leaving him WIDE open, and if you watch the footage, we basically let him do whatever he wanted.
    Well this is what makes me sick. Where's the freaking defense against this guy? He's a skilled passer, but he's not the type to make average teammates look better. He's good at passing to someone open, such as Ray Allen for a three.

Again, you don't have a so-called "superstar" on your team then try to trade him for another superstar just because you think he's better. There's a WIDE margin between Chris Paul and Rondo. Rondo is a good passer, Chris Paul is a great PG period.

Lurker

I went to this game and enjoyed every minute of it.

Before the game started, I got 4 signatures from Knicks Legends players; Clyde Frazier and Earl Monroe....
    I really don't know what the names of the other 2 Legends are, anyone who can help me out?

Thnx in advance!