View Poll Results: For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Melo & STAT's Combined Point Total

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40

    2 5.71%
  • 41

    1 2.86%
  • 42

    1 2.86%
  • 43

    4 11.43%
  • 44

    2 5.71%
  • 45

    4 11.43%
  • 46

    3 8.57%
  • 47

    0 0%
  • 48

    7 20.00%
  • 49 - ADD YOUR ESTIMATE IN YOUR POST IF HIGHER OR LOWER

    11 31.43%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415
Results 211 to 223 of 223

Thread: Knicks V Celts - Season Opener - Dec 25, 12:00

  1. #211
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @CA7: you forgot about the refs making calls against the C's.
    How could I forget that

    Out of all the contenders we are the most incomplete. We lack an ideal 2 Guard for our team but Fields is doing the best he can. We dont have a true PG, while Shumpert can be that I like his role for him. I hope either Bill Walker turns into JR Smith with Defense cause that would be great, but do you notice he always pushes off and gets called for that offensive foul when he attacks the rim

  2. #212
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,016
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I hope there's other people who weren't impressed by Rondo's play. His stats don't indicate how average he really is.

  3. #213
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I hope there's other people who weren't impressed by Rondo's play. His stats don't indicate how average he really is.
    LOL?

    What r you talking about? Rondo? Average?

    He's one of the best, most aware passers and able facilitators in the NBA. That is not able to be disputed. And when you play PG, that makes you extremely good. He is also one of the best rebounders, ball thiefs, and defenders at his position.

    That he has had quality players around him isn't a neg, either -- it's just showed that he is able to work with good players and stars and lead them to the promised land as distributor.

  4. #214
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    LOL?

    What r you talking about? Rondo? Average?

    He's one of the best, most aware passers and able facilitators in the NBA. That is not able to be disputed. And when you play PG, that makes you extremely good. He is also one of the best rebounders, ball thiefs, and defenders at his position.

    That he has had quality players around him isn't a neg, either -- it's just showed that he is able to work with good players and stars and lead them to the promised land as distributor.
    Holy ****, if that was average Rondo I'd hate to see him on his game I mean lets be real, all the critics and haters can say our win was not impressive but lets not turn into them. Rondo kicked our ass but we still won.

  5. #215
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,016
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Holy ****, if that was average Rondo I'd hate to see him on his game I mean lets be real, all the critics and haters can say our win was not impressive but lets not turn into them. Rondo kicked our ass but we still won.
    Or maybe we defended him badly for most of the game.

    Don't get me wrong, he did have some good and impressive plays, and average maybe exaggerating, but this is a guy they wanted to trade, for another PG. If he was anywhere near elite the Celtics wouldn't be worrying about their future as much and Ray Allen wouldn't be taking wrongful shots at David West for choosing the Pacers over them.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Dec 26, 2011 at 19:06.

  6. #216
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    This was such a great game. My hands were literally shaking by the end of it. Rondo is top 3 PG in the game. No one has a more acute awareness of everything that is going on on the court.

    Yeah we could have guarded him better; but, make no mistake, he does this to 95% of the people who guard him.

  7. #217
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Damn had to avoid the forums for an entire day so I could watch the game without knowing the result! What a nailbiter!

    We definitely miss a PG but there was plenty of positives to take from the game. Was played pretty smartly down the stretch even by notorious "give the game away" D'Antoni!

    Lol at KG getting his panties in a twist after the game what a sweet victory

  8. #218
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Why is there such a delay in Knicks first and second game?

    Seems like boston is playing 4 before we play 2?

  9. #219
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Because they're staying not that far from Boston and we're heading to the West?

  10. #220
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I hope there's other people who weren't impressed by Rondo's play. His stats don't indicate how average he really is.
    Dude seriously you and these other people that keep underrating Rondo just need to stop.

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    LOL?

    What r you talking about? Rondo? Average?

    He's one of the best, most aware passers and able facilitators in the NBA. That is not able to be disputed. And when you play PG, that makes you extremely good. He is also one of the best rebounders, ball thiefs, and defenders at his position.

    That he has had quality players around him isn't a neg, either -- it's just showed that he is able to work with good players and stars and lead them to the promised land as distributor.
    I don't get it either. You don't put up numbers like that and make the type of plays he makes w/out the mind and skills to make it happen. These people who doubt Rondo don't know what there seeing on the court.

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Damn had to avoid the forums for an entire day so I could watch the game without knowing the result! What a nailbiter!

    We definitely miss a PG but there was plenty of positives to take from the game. Was played pretty smartly down the stretch even by notorious "give the game away" D'Antoni!

    Lol at KG getting his panties in a twist after the game what a sweet victory
    Yea i had to stay away as well. Finally got to finish watching dvr recording. Awesome win! Melo was such a beast and Chandler really holds everything together defensively. This teams going places.

  11. #221
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    If we want to say that Rondo is average, we have to make him look average first.

    So far, we've been making him look better than John Stockton, so saying that he's average is a gross underestimation of his performance against us.

    I hate Rondo. I seriously do. The guy is a punk who plays dirty as hell (so do the rest of the Celtics, like Kevin "I trip and choke people who are almost a foot shorter than I am" Garnett) but we've got no grounds calling him average if we're letting him score 30+ points a game against us.

    It's inexcusable. Rondo doesn't have much of a jump shot and he can't hit free throws. How in the world are we letting this guy look so good? It'd be one thing if he kept driving to the basket but my goodness he was dropping jumpers on us and that's just sad for a player who we know has no skills in that category. That means mean that we're leaving him WIDE open, and if you watch the footage, we basically let him do whatever he wanted.

  12. #222
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,016
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    If we want to say that Rondo is average, we have to make him look average first.

    So far, we've been making him look better than John Stockton, so saying that he's average is a gross underestimation of his performance against us.

    I hate Rondo. I seriously do. The guy is a punk who plays dirty as hell (so do the rest of the Celtics, like Kevin "I trip and choke people who are almost a foot shorter than I am" Garnett) but we've got no grounds calling him average if we're letting him score 30+ points a game against us.

    It's inexcusable. Rondo doesn't have much of a jump shot and he can't hit free throws. How in the world are we letting this guy look so good? It'd be one thing if he kept driving to the basket but my goodness he was dropping jumpers on us and that's just sad for a player who we know has no skills in that category. That means mean that we're leaving him WIDE open, and if you watch the footage, we basically let him do whatever he wanted.
    Well this is what makes me sick. Where's the freaking defense against this guy? He's a skilled passer, but he's not the type to make average teammates look better. He's good at passing to someone open, such as Ray Allen for a three.

    Again, you don't have a so-called "superstar" on your team then try to trade him for another superstar just because you think he's better. There's a WIDE margin between Chris Paul and Rondo. Rondo is a good passer, Chris Paul is a great PG period.

  13. #223
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I went to this game and enjoyed every minute of it.

    Before the game started, I got 4 signatures from Knicks Legends players; Clyde Frazier and Earl Monroe....
    I really don't know what the names of the other 2 Legends are, anyone who can help me out?


    Thnx in advance!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 255
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2010, 19:45
  2. Every draft prospect who is IN and OUT
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2010, 19:28
  3. Knicks @ Celtics 23/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2010, 09:39
  4. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  5. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 18:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •