Knicks V Celts - Season Opener - Dec 25, 12:00

For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Melo & STAT's Combined Point Total

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Just got off a plane and we won!! Thank you, universe!

I'll watch the game when I get home.

Shump injured?

KG should die of ebola or prison rape?

Carmelo beastly?

CHANDLER 3 BOARDS! - but 6 tasty blocks.

DrB

Benchwarmer
The answer is easy...IMAX and DAVIS

Not to sound negative after a Knick win but the way Rondo has these games against the Knicks reminds of how D'antoni didn't have an answer for Tony Parker whenever the Suns played the Spurs.
I understand exactly what you are saying but RONDO is a great player playing for years with known quantities but the answer is SHUMPET . IMAX is the Knicks best defensive hope on RONDO. Some folks here think a healthy Baron can still defend as well.

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;191611 said:

Shump injured?

Carmelo beastly?

The blocks weren't just tasty, either; they were downright delicious.

Shump's injury, however, should now be what you see when you look up "gayness" in the dictionary. Real ****ing lame to have that happe; I legit was digging his play, and continued confidence and floor time was the only thing I felt was necessary for him to grow into a true player for us ASAP.

Carmelo looked on point and in control. You got that same sense watching him that you do when you watch a great player like Wade -- in control of the game, leading his team regardless of what's going on, that sense that "they get it" and are going to better than anyone else on the court.

STAT looked pitiful -- despite his FG% and such, his game just wasn't, and at least to me, I always got the sense of "oh shit, there's a certain air of liability and unease", vs "oh shit, I can't wait to see STAT **** these fools up and make the opposition his bitch for the rest of the quarter". He just looks a bit lost without a PG feeding him in an up tempo flow,

the result is an exacerbation of the pussy-footed nature of his D, into an overall pussy-footed'ness to his court awareness.

Another thing exacerbating The Problem With STAT, is we just don't have the necessary 2 (along with 1) to make his transition easier now that we have Melo (and Chandler, assuming a big body as a beadrock 5, and making STAT a true 4).

Say we had Klay Thomas (or a 2 like that)...IMO, everything changes for STAT. A shooter with range that everyone has to respect; not a hybrid guard who is just as if not more likely to drive and clog up the middle and paint....

The area STAT has thrived in with high motion, fluid dynamics...which to a degree Melo makes more uncertain, but truly it is out 1 and 2 positions (who regardless of style aren't anywhere near a great talent like Melo) contributing to these issues.

EDIT -- and while no doubt STAT just wants the best for the team, I'm sure he's rushing shit mentally and he's thinking too much now that Chandler is here, there is such a greater dominance of defensive attitude, and with Melo being here and now picking up the D he doesn't want to seem like a punk or outcast or poor performer. People are people; even millionaire black Jew superstar sports stars who drip excellence and swag.....Shit can get to you mentally/emotionally if you're not careful.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Chandler could have been the difference

Crazy⑧s;191611 said:

Shump injured?

Carmelo beastly?

Chandler missed several alley oop stuffs that were so incredible that he would have brought the house down. It's coming. The Celtics used to physically and emotionally INTIMATE the knicks. That shit did not go down today..as a matter of fact the knicks were the INTIMADATORS. That frustration caused KG to go bat shit against WALKER. It was nice to see BARON in Garnett's face....really pushing him around. Next meeting will be brutal:alert:. I love it.

KingCharles34

All Star
Garnetts an old b*tch going through menopause

Carmelo was amazing, Chandler was too. We were lucky to get this win, at times the knicks played with amazing intensity on defense. They just gotta get in better shape and its on

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I was at today's game and I must say it was incredible. I've been to over 50 games, and this one will rank within the top 5. The Garden felt crazy and the fans were insane. I was in section 115 and we couldnt hear a whislte and most of the game we were confused to what the calls were due to noise.

Melo towards the end of the game was getting a faint MVP chant and when he was at the line the cheers of mvp were obvious. I'm not trying to get way to excited over one game but this is a hell of way to start off the season.

However, our defense although improved is still suspect. Our pic and roll defense was horrible most of the game. Our guards look confused and KG and rondo were toying us. Once Shumpert, douglas, fields realize this is not college ball and fight over screens we'll see some great ball.

Lets talk about Amare's 3 ball hahah

CA7

Scoring Champ
Shumpert- People are saying he played bad but in all honesty he is the 6th Man its the same way TD23 played last year, come in put shots up, make plays. Now if he started out the game and was playing like that I'd bench him but his job is to come in and make shit happen. He shot 3 of 13 but he missed 3 lay ups and a 15 footer if makes those he's 7 of 13, now thats easy to say but in due time he converts those plays, he also got hacked a lot and you know Rookies dont get calls.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Shumpert was probably very nervous, you saw him missing layups and open shots. It's bad he's going to be out for a few weeks, he could get more confident playing against Warriors or Kings.

KingCharles34

All Star
The Knicks really won this game by hitting more 3 pointers, we hit 9 of them and the Celtics only hit 2.

Stoudemire still has a ton of work to do defensively, at times he was intense. At other times he was the same Amare we saw last year. Even with Amare half ass'n it this teams still dangerous, Chandler went ham on D. 6 Blocks!!!!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
OMFG! What a game!

Carmelo is insatiable offensively. He has consistent outings within the realms of tonight's game all season, and the Knicks keep winning, that's an MVP right there.

Point form observations:

● Offense

- It has a rhythm to it. Toney Douglas has no rhythm - literally none. Shot selection is woeful, and if he can't see a dime develop for himself, he shoots. He makes some good and timely baskets, but this is not an NBA caliber starting PG. Rhetoric.

- STAT, IMO, had an excellent offensive night considering our disgusting offense. That man needs a facilitator, and the best facilitator on this team, Anthony, is also its best scorer. Could elaborate, can't be ****ed.

- This team needs to - though it pains me to say it - become the new and improved version of the Celtics offensively. Meticulous, intelligent plays that are timely executed. High % shots that are set up throughout the first 10 seconds of the 24. Baron Davis - hurry the **** up and get better. We need a half court orchestrator that can shoot timely shots, and run the P&R.

- Chandler will fit in when this team finds its half court offensive identity. Right now, our offense is worse than our defense, IMO.

- Whenever STAT and Melo run the P&R, my colon expands. But nothing EVER materializes. EVER! Are they practicing this shit or what?

Get back to defense when there's no Xmas leftovers to shovel in to myself. My mouth.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
EDIT -- and while no doubt STAT just wants the best for the team, I'm sure he's rushing shit mentally and he's thinking too much now that Chandler is here, there is such a greater dominance of defensive attitude, and with Melo being here and now picking up the D he doesn't want to seem like a punk or outcast or poor performer. People are people; even millionaire black Jew superstar sports stars who drip excellence and swag.....Shit can get to you mentally/emotionally if you're not careful.

An excellent, excellent point. Over compensation.

Hmmmmm. I don't think STAT is defensively prepared. He just isn't. He needs to go through the learning process again. Physically, he's perfect at the 4 defensively. Ty Chandler will make his salary in PT and tutelage this year.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
melo-t1-1225a.jpg

Forgot to ask. Did anyone call 58 for Melo and STAT?

LeFlume

All Star
People don't believe in our defense, but we held Celtics to 17 points when it mattered the most - in the 4th quarter. I like what I saw today.

CA7

Scoring Champ
We won and all I heard was

No Paul Pierce
You only won by 2
Chandler had 3 rebounds, he's overpaid

but

We did not Baron Davis
We held them to 17pts in the 4th quarter
Chandler had 6 blocks and changed like 10 shots
Not to mention we been together for 2 weeks while their core has been together 4 years, while other have been there for 2 years(O'Neal, Sasha, Daniels and Bradley)

Red

TYPE-A
We won and all I heard was

No Paul Pierce
You only won by 2
Chandler had 3 rebounds, he's overpaid

but

We did not Baron Davis
We held them to 17pts in the 4th quarter
Chandler had 6 blocks and changed like 10 shots
Not to mention we been together for 2 weeks while their core has been together 4 years, while other have been there for 2 years(O'Neal, Sasha, Daniels and Bradley)

C'mon we were up 19 POINTS!

of course anything is possible, but under normal circumstances, nineteen should equal victory.

We see them again in Boston February 3rd...

we'll see what's up then. For now it's to the West Coast.

CoolClyde

Execution vs Talent

Marv and Steve Kerr discussed Execution (Celtdicks) vs Talent (Knicks), and that's just what we saw today. Rondo taking apart the Knicks with swooping and hooping, driving and thriving, easy transition buckets, exactly what I fear will happen with every opponent's good PG and offensive players. Will Knicks be able to stop Derrick Rose, Lebron/Wade, CP3, etc?

Yes, the 'dicks have 4 years of being together, but newbie Brendan Bassturd took apart the Knicks with 'bounding and balling as well. If 'Melo didn't have his stroke going on, we would have lost this game. and STATS gotta grow some balls to get those 'bounds.

I really don't know if Knicks will get it together as long as D'amntoni runs this team. I've seen the same thing over and over 4 years in a row, if the Knicks aren't running and gunning, they're a stagnant team relying on the hot hand, as opposed to the 'dicks who have an offensive AND defensive scheme at all times.

The Knicks now have a legitimate 3, 4 and 5, but everyone whines about how we need a 1 to make this team go, and I have to agree. Steve Nash made it happen for D'amntoni in Penix, and we're all seeing it game after game. Without a legitimate PG, this team does not run the D'amntoni signature SSOL; With a halfcourt offense, this team blows, unless we have a hot hand.

Other than that, this was a great game!!!!! :thewave:

sucks that Shumps got hurt, he was looking good for the most part, other than missing most of his shots, I believe that will come. i did not like seeing Girafferies and Walker out there as first men - 2nd team. I'd rather see Jorts and Balkman getting their minutes. I was amazed the Giraffe actually hit a shot, had a block, a flop, and a defensive maneuver on Garknee, but that's about all we can expect from him.
Walker = invisible.
Toney D seems to do better manning the 2nd unit, and I believe he'll take those reins once Baron and The Bib are healthy. However, his +/- was +12, and 19 points, 4 dimes, 3 steals is not a bad game
Laundry is folding. 34 minutes, 7 points (+/-) = -11. he needs to step it up, drive more, get set and shoot more, without hesitation.
Chandler? more time = more game, 6 blocks were sweet.
all in all, a good first game of the season.:smokin:
:gony: