Knicks V Celts - Season Opener - Dec 25, 12:00

For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Melo & STAT's Combined Point Total

• Total voters

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Get used to games like this from STAT until we get a competent PG playmaker. FML having STAT on my fantasy team...

LeFlume

All Star
Awesome come from behind win, Celtics are overrated and Rondo should come out of the closet. Do himself a favor. He is ss gay as it gets..

CA7

Scoring Champ
@CA7: he played great today, if he keeps playing this way I will take back every word I've ever fired at him.

the thing is he has to gain your respect so I understand your criticism but I'm the type that follows what he's doing 24/7 so better than anybody on this site I know Melo's mindset he's ready and focused, i.e. at the end of the game he got everybody together at 1/2 court he made plays late and defended great today.....Melo is Elite in my eyes soon you'll all see

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
The Knicks came out with the win. That's all that matters. But we still have a lot of work to do. Having the lockout hurt us a lot. They still are learning from each other and starting to gel. Melo is just unreal. He seriously has ice water running threw his veins. Losing Shump for two weeks is a loss and we are also still w/o Davis. He's showing signs of something special but has to hit those easy lay ups. Defense is improving from what I've seen today. We just have to continue to play hard and we'll be alright.

@CA7: he played great today, if he keeps playing this way I will take back every word I've ever fired at him.

To be honest, I haven't watched a game yet where I was angry at Melo or thought he wasn't the real deal......STAT on the other hand is just incompetent on defense.....unbelievable how many offensive rebounds he gave up to Bass and how many layups and dunks he allowed while Chandler was on the bench.

Same old Amar'e eh?

knicksin60

Starter
Not to sound negative after a Knick win but the way Rondo has these games against the Knicks reminds of how D'antoni didn't have an answer for Tony Parker whenever the Suns played the Spurs.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I was at the game and in the middle of the maddness... What happen at the end with KG? I looked one second and the game was over then I looked again and KG is being moved away from the Knick bench...

I was at the game and in the middle of the maddness... What happen at the end with KG? I looked one second and the game was over then I looked again and KG is being moved away from the Knick bench...
After the game ended KG went up to Walker and tried to choke him with one arm, Walker was about to layeth the smackdown but it was broken up.

He chocked Billy Walker after he missed the shot. Then Baron Davis jumped in and seperated them. Walker was going crazy and Chandler and Novak held him back, boy he was ready to kill Garnett...his eyes...

CA7

Scoring Champ
Toney Douglas provided a huge spark late in the game, thats where he thrives, I swear if Fields had a quicker release on his shot he'd be fine I mean I keep saying it and will until it changes

Toney Douglas provided a huge spark late in the game, thats where he thrives, I swear if Fields had a quicker release on his shot he'd be fine I mean I keep saying it and will until it changes

Landry needs to focus on one area ang get very good at it. Right now he's not good at anything apart from rebounding, but that's a useless skill with Melo beeing such a great rebounder for a wing player.

He needs to become a better defender and be able to knock down the open three.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Landry needs to focus on one area ang get very good at it. Right now he's not good at anything apart from rebounding, but that's a useless skill with Melo beeing such a great rebounder for a wing player.

He needs to become a better defender and be able to knock down the open three.

The thing is he doesnt set his feet before the catch, he has a very slow release and as far as defense goes he's too slow to handle elite 2 guards, he's a true 3 man in my eyes. but damn that release and form is cringe worthy

The thing is he doesnt set his feet before the catch, he has a very slow release and as far as defense goes he's too slow to handle elite 2 guards, he's a true 3 man in my eyes. but damn that release and form is cringe worthy

Yeah, but hardly a surprise for a second round pick right?

I'm not knocking the boy, he's a great guy and I think in private life I would really like him, but as a basketball player he pretty much sucks on a team that's looking to win it's division....whether it's the system or the personell.. I dunno, but he was great for the first 40 games last season.....he looks thoroughly out of depth since the Melo trade and system change.

DrB

Benchwarmer
It's Melo's team for sure

To be honest, I haven't watched a game yet where I was angry at Melo or thought he wasn't the real deal......STAT on the other hand is just incompetent on defense.....unbelievable how many offensive rebounds he gave up to Bass and how many layups and dunks he allowed while Chandler was on the bench.

Same old Amar'e eh?
Took me awhile to see that everyone in the BUILDING, everyone on the TEAM, plus MELO wants Melo to have the ball at crunch time:peace:. Indiana had Reggie, the Bulls, had Jordan, the Celtics have Allen, the Lakers have Kobe, guys who want the ball and will find a way to win. You all know the rest of the list...Durant, Dirk, Terry, etc.
Today I saw the greatness of Carmelo in the 4th quarter. Just a great pure shooter. I guess I left LeBron out because he never wanted the ball at crunch time and if he took it he forced it..UNSUCCESSFULLY.
I saw Amare forcing stuff out of the flow in the third quarter and it pisses me off...in the flow in the first half he was just fine.
If Chandler would have gotten some of the sky high alley-oops to fall he would have brought down the house. If TONEY hit 4 wide open shots from the paint in the 3rd quarter the Knicks never would have given up the lead ****HOWEVER, IT WAS A COME FROM BEHIND WIN.****It was Toney Douglas third quarter plus Shumpert injury that has me praying to a quicker return of BARON DAVIS.
I thought the 3rd quarter was a video replay of last years team. It seems Allen, Garnett, Bass, Jerome kinda woke up from a haze. It was like deja vu ALL OVER AGAIN. This win will be a huge confidence builder.
THE ONLY REAL NEGATIVE*****IMAX'S INJURY*********

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yeah, but hardly a surprise for a second round pick right?

I'm not knocking the boy, he's a great guy and I think in private life I would really like him, but as a basketball player he pretty much sucks on a team that's looking to win it's division....whether it's the system or the personell.. I dunno, but he was great for the first 40 games last season.....he looks thoroughly out of depth since the Melo trade and system change.

I love this kid...as a back up but he's too slow and like I said his release and form suck to be a threat as a 2 guard for this team. I want him on this team and if he continues to start then has to make those adjustments in order to be ultimately effective. I'm not saying be Allan Houston on O and John Starks on D but at least part of them