View Poll Results: For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Melo & STAT's Combined Point Total

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll

2 5.71%

1 2.86%

1 2.86%

4 11.43%

2 5.71%

4 11.43%

3 8.57%

0 0%

7 20.00%
  • 49 - ADD YOUR ESTIMATE IN YOUR POST IF HIGHER OR LOWER

11 31.43%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Knicks V Celts - Season Opener - Dec 25, 12:00

Anthony- I just wanna say I will always believe in his game while everyone else doubts him

Stoudemire- quiet game we really need him to step up defensively

Chandler- everything we never had we got with him

Douglas- solid overall, needs to work on his playmaking skills

Fields- needs to work on his release some but solid on Allen late in the game

Shumpert- played well sucks he got hurt but he's got a bright future p.s. the training staff said he's out for at least 2 weeks, Sager reported it

Veteran

A win is a win is a WIN....but DAMN!
    Boston out-rebounded us 41 to 31....in this game.
    We lead 21 to 16 in rebounds at halftime....
    What the F... went wrong?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Bill Walker with great help defense at the end of the game.

@CA7: he played great today, if he keeps playing this way I will take back every word I've ever fired at him.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Sage
    Alan Hahn and Knicks official twitter. MCL is the major ligament on the inner side of your knee, as opposed to the ACL which is generally more serious.

I swear it looked season ending, so glad to hear it's only a couple weeks.

-EDIT-

Also, I feel like the Knicks just won a playoff series. That's how intense that was.
    Good job Sage..Thanks for the info.

All the Celtic fans that are saying we only won this because they didn't have Paul Pierce need to suck a **ck. We didn't have Davis, Bibby, Shumpert got injured and we still made a comeback and won. Plus we didn't have STAT or Billups during the playoffs and Celtic fans started acting like they won the championship.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Sucks to hear about Shump Shump. But I think we'll be OK without him - it'll give him some time to watch some film and work on his shot selection while he's out.

Knicks won today but am I the only one who is still not very happy with how this team is being put together? Tyson Chandler, our pricey off-season acquisition, grabbed himself a grand total of THREE rebounds today. We were outrebounded by TEN today, and Rondo continues to make us into his bitch every single time we play him.

The way we played today we almost lost to a Paul Pierce-less Celdicks team. There's no way we would beat Miami or Dallas playing the way we did today. We had a great first half but man we lost it in the third quarter, and as a fan you have to ask the question "How many more times does this team have to come out flat in the 3rd quarter for our coach to get axed and something to happen?"

Hopefully this improves as the season goes on. As of right now, looks like the same old Knicks team that got swept in the postseason last year.
    an incredible amount of bounces as well as whistles went their way and we beat them with half a pgi think we'll be okay

Shump is out 4-5 weeks with strained MCL.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    All the Celtic fans that are saying we only won this because they didn't have Paul Pierce need to suck a **ck. We didn't have Davis, Bibby, Shumpert got injured and we still made a comeback and won. Plus we didn't have STAT or Billups during the playoffs and Celtic fans started acting like they won the championship.
    ^This. This NEVER happened in the past, it's the Celtics that should be scared.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Shump is out 4-5 weeks with strained MCL.
    2-4 is the latest I've heard. He's young, hopefully he makes a quick recovery.

OMG, reading frustrated C's fans is getting me so much pleasure right now.

Get used to games like this from STAT until we get a competent PG playmaker. FML having STAT on my fantasy team...

Awesome come from behind win, Celtics are overrated and Rondo should come out of the closet. Do himself a favor. He is ss gay as it gets..

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @CA7: he played great today, if he keeps playing this way I will take back every word I've ever fired at him.
    the thing is he has to gain your respect so I understand your criticism but I'm the type that follows what he's doing 24/7 so better than anybody on this site I know Melo's mindset he's ready and focused, i.e. at the end of the game he got everybody together at 1/2 court he made plays late and defended great today.....Melo is Elite in my eyes soon you'll all see

Damn. It ****ing sucks that we're not going to have Shumpert till 4-6 weeks, that's going to slow down his growth.

The Knicks came out with the win. That's all that matters. But we still have a lot of work to do. Having the lockout hurt us a lot. They still are learning from each other and starting to gel. Melo is just unreal. He seriously has ice water running threw his veins. Losing Shump for two weeks is a loss and we are also still w/o Davis. He's showing signs of something special but has to hit those easy lay ups. Defense is improving from what I've seen today. We just have to continue to play hard and we'll be alright.