View Poll Results: For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Melo & STAT's Combined Point Total

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll

2 5.71%

1 2.86%

1 2.86%

4 11.43%

2 5.71%

4 11.43%

3 8.57%

0 0%

7 20.00%
  • 49 - ADD YOUR ESTIMATE IN YOUR POST IF HIGHER OR LOWER

11 31.43%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Knicks V Celts - Season Opener - Dec 25, 12:00

People don't believe in our defense, but we held Celtics to 17 points when it mattered the most - in the 4th quarter. I like what I saw today.

We won and all I heard was

No Paul Pierce
    You only won by 2
    Chandler had 3 rebounds, he's overpaid

but

We did not Baron Davis
    We held them to 17pts in the 4th quarter
    Chandler had 6 blocks and changed like 10 shots
    Not to mention we been together for 2 weeks while their core has been together 4 years, while other have been there for 2 years(O'Neal, Sasha, Daniels and Bradley)

@CA7: you forgot about the refs making calls against the C's.

Originally Posted by CA7
    We won and all I heard was

No Paul Pierce
    You only won by 2
    Chandler had 3 rebounds, he's overpaid

but

We did not Baron Davis
    We held them to 17pts in the 4th quarter
    Chandler had 6 blocks and changed like 10 shots
    Not to mention we been together for 2 weeks while their core has been together 4 years, while other have been there for 2 years(O'Neal, Sasha, Daniels and Bradley)
    C'mon we were up 19 POINTS!

of course anything is possible, but under normal circumstances, nineteen should equal victory.

We see them again in Boston February 3rd...

we'll see what's up then. For now it's to the West Coast.

Default Execution vs Talent

Marv and Steve Kerr discussed Execution (Celtdicks) vs Talent (Knicks), and that's just what we saw today. Rondo taking apart the Knicks with swooping and hooping, driving and thriving, easy transition buckets, exactly what I fear will happen with every opponent's good PG and offensive players. Will Knicks be able to stop Derrick Rose, Lebron/Wade, CP3, etc?

Yes, the 'dicks have 4 years of being together, but newbie Brendan Bassturd took apart the Knicks with 'bounding and balling as well. If 'Melo didn't have his stroke going on, we would have lost this game. and STATS gotta grow some balls to get those 'bounds.

I really don't know if Knicks will get it together as long as D'amntoni runs this team. I've seen the same thing over and over 4 years in a row, if the Knicks aren't running and gunning, they're a stagnant team relying on the hot hand, as opposed to the 'dicks who have an offensive AND defensive scheme at all times.

The Knicks now have a legitimate 3, 4 and 5, but everyone whines about how we need a 1 to make this team go, and I have to agree. Steve Nash made it happen for D'amntoni in Penix, and we're all seeing it game after game. Without a legitimate PG, this team does not run the D'amntoni signature SSOL; With a halfcourt offense, this team blows, unless we have a hot hand.

Other than that, this was a great game!!!!!

sucks that Shumps got hurt, he was looking good for the most part, other than missing most of his shots, I believe that will come. i did not like seeing Girafferies and Walker out there as first men - 2nd team. I'd rather see Jorts and Balkman getting their minutes. I was amazed the Giraffe actually hit a shot, had a block, a flop, and a defensive maneuver on Garknee, but that's about all we can expect from him.
    Walker = invisible.
    Toney D seems to do better manning the 2nd unit, and I believe he'll take those reins once Baron and The Bib are healthy. However, his +/- was +12, and 19 points, 4 dimes, 3 steals is not a bad game
    Laundry is folding. 34 minutes, 7 points (+/-) = -11. he needs to step it up, drive more, get set and shoot more, without hesitation.
    Chandler? more time = more game, 6 blocks were sweet.
    all in all, a good first game of the season.

Originally Posted by Red
    C'mon we were up 19 POINTS!

of course anything is possible, but under normal circumstances, nineteen should equal victory.

We see them again in Boston February 3rd...

we'll see what's up then. For now it's to the West Coast.
    By then hopefully the Knicks will have a complete active roster

Bostonians are talking only about how good Rondo was. I understand he's one of the best point guards in the NBA, but how is that possible that they didn't notice that we do not have any real point guard at the moment? No word about Baron being injured, everyone just feels good about Rondo's numbers. They don't realize that if you put Davis, a veteran point guard, one of the best active passers, against Rondo, he would never make his 31 points and God knows how many assists. And with Davis playing Amare would score around 30 points, not to forget Chandler constantly getting alley-oops and making way more than his 9 points. I know, Pierce didn't play either, so we're even, but how for Christ sake can you keep sucking Rondo's dick and saying the Knicks won only because Pierce was injured?

What a treat!

Melo's my current favorite Knick, and Baron will probably be tied as my current favorite. When he comes back things are gonna get brutal for the rest of the league!

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    An excellent, excellent point. Over compensation.

Hmmmmm. I don't think STAT is defensively prepared. He just isn't. He needs to go through the learning process again. Physically, he's perfect at the 4 defensively. Ty Chandler will make his salary in PT and tutelage this year.

We've seen the seeds of a defensive transformation on this team already.

That groundwork will only get stronger. When you have what many consider the worst backcourt in the NBA, you can't expect there to not be things ****ing up, especially after that lockout. That we still beat the 'dicks? Yes, please; more please.

We are seeing our Knicks at their *utmost* disarray and point of weakness. Cohesion, consistency, and our most potent blend of lethalness is yet to come.

Imagine what the 'dicks would look like if you took away Rondo? (whose offense alone gave them the luxury of trying to compete with us and win) Give those fools a healthy Pierce and even Perkins and they'd look like **** without a true facilitator like Rondo.

Shumpert was a brilliant pick to me. You ask about Rose, Rondo, Lebron....Shumpert is here to be that athletic freak in the backcourt while we have Chandler up front, who can guard all those bastards, and still being an aggressive threat to score.

Think a juiced up Tony Allen expectation and career when Knicks drafted him. Anything better, gravy.

I'm sure the plan was for him to get quality minutes while Baron is out, and to a point where come playoffs we have a potentially game changing impact on the defensive end and give us a puncher's chance of winning a title this year.

Shumpert as our 6th man, with Fields playing the role of the rebounding, hustling SG who can nail his jumpers with corner range, spreading the floor for Melo and Amare to do their thing. With Douglas thrown into the max as further bench spark and scoring combo guard.

Knick brass knows we are going to have our MLE's going forward to perfect the team's PG slot; they know that with D'antoni we don't need to bring in a superstar PG to have him turn into a superior, starting PG either; and that we have stashed away a stable of uniquely skilled, young 2's to find our SG and backup guard from.

Whats up my fellow knicks? I hav'nt been on much but will now b/c of the season has started.I hav'nt watched the game yet but getting ready to.I watched the last six minutes or so and was nervous but glad we came out with the win. I heard that we got destroyed in the 3rd quarter and got us behind.What was it bostons defense or did the knicks just get cold.

Anyways im glad to be back talking to all my fellow knick fans and look forward to a great season.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Whats up my fellow knicks? I hav'nt been on much but will now b/c of the season has started.I hav'nt watched the game yet but getting ready to.I watched the last six minutes or so and was nervous but glad we came out with the win. I heard that we got destroyed in the 3rd quarter and got us behind.What was it bostons defense or did the knicks just get cold.

Anyways im glad to be back talking to all my fellow knick fans and look forward to a great season.
    Poor defense and our bench playing weak hoops. Carmelo and Toney got into foul trouble and Imax got injured. We were outscored by Rondo and outboarded by Bass. That's a short description of the Q3.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Poor defense and our bench playing weak hoops. Carmelo and Toney got into foul trouble and Imax got injured. We were outscored by Rondo and outboarded by Bass. That's a short description of the Q3.
    Thanks for the info and I just read on twitter that Iman Shumpert out 2 to 4 weeks according to Knicks. Jared Jeffries out 1 to 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Jared Jeffries out 1 to 2 weeks.
    WHATTTT??? Merry Knicksmas!!

All I gotta say is, if you STILL think the Carmelo trade wasnt the right move for this team. then STFU! Melo baby saving the day, My favorite Knick since Ewing baby

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Walker = invisible.
    I'd agree with you.....

..but Walker was the one who got his hand in the face of Garnett on the last shot. Without that hand, most likely a bucket.

I liked to see Walkers hustle tonight..... I mean come on, it was his first game action of the year bc he's been injured.

WANT TO SEE MORE JORTS!!! AND TONEY D CAN'T DRIBBLE DRIVE PASS worth a damn.