Hollinger's East Predictions (pure comedy inside)

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Pure Comedy Gold
7. New York Knicks (35-31)

This might seem pessimistic in light of the hype coming from Gotham, but in the short term, I'm not sure the Knicks have dramatically improved. They've essentially traded Chauncey Billups for Tyson Chandler, which will help, but this is the wrong season to have a thin bench and brittle stars. Between Amare Stoudemire's knees and Chandler's toes, the Knicks are likely to feel the brunt of the schedule-makers' wrath.

Baron Davis, despite his weaknesses, will prove quite useful when he's able to play. Mike D'Antoni's system demands a point guard who can pass, and Davis can do that when he's not jacking up 3s with 20 on the shot clock. It's even more important given the Knicks' other high-profile moves -- they boast three of the best frontcourt finishers in the game, but nobody to get them the ball.

I factored half a season of Davis into my projection, figuring he will miss more than a quarter of the season with his current back injury and then some more with his next injury. When he's out, the Knicks have Toney Douglas running the point, which is less than ideal. While I like him as a player, he's a bad fit at the point in this system because he's blind as a bat.

Otherwise, the roster is a bit of a mess. Landry Fields and Iman Shumpert are nice prospects but aren't ready to be top-seven players on a contending team. Jared Jeffries and Renaldo Balkman are the top two frontcourt reserves. Really. And at some point the Knicks will have to play Mike Bibby in a real game.

About the best thing New York has going for it is, well, New York. Players are lured by the city, and, as with the Lakers, the Knicks have a great shot at signing any decent veteran who shakes free during the season via buyout, waivers or departure from China. Better yet, the Knicks still have their $2.5 million "under-cap" exception lying around to use on such a player.

Nonetheless, I have trouble envisioning a high seed for this team. The Knicks get more dangerous once the playoffs begin. If their three frontcourt stars and Davis make it to May upright, they'll be a very difficult first-round out. Getting to that point is the problem.

Somebody please tell me what this dude has been mixing with his weed?

To make things even more comical .

He has

1 Miami
2 Chicago
3 Boston
4 Orlando
5 76ers
6 Indiana
7 Knicks
8 Bucks

Hawks are 9th.

He has hawks not making the playoffs. Sixers and Indiana both better than Knicks.

Even more comedy below.

1 OKC (45-21)
2 Denver (43-23)
3 SA (42-24)
4 Clippers (41-25)
5 Lakers (40-26)
6 Dallas (39-27)
7 Portland (38-28)
8 Memphis (37-29)

He has Memphis as being 8th seed out west. I guess when you get Rudy Gay back it makes you worst.

@John Hollinger: Go and **** yourself you bloody bastid :crossfingers:

As usual the media hatin on us!

F them all.....we'll be in the Conference Finals against Miami, quote me on that!

This roster will make em all chocke!

DrB

Benchwarmer
To Make matters Worse

Pure Comedy Gold

Somebody please tell me what this dude has been mixing with his weed?

To make things even more comical .

He has

1 Miami
2 Chicago
3 Boston
4 Orlando
5 76ers
6 Indiana
7 Knicks
8 Bucks

Hawks are 9th.

He has hawks not making the playoffs. Sixers and Indiana both better than Knicks.

Even more comedy below.

1 OKC (45-21)
2 Denver (43-23)
3 SA (42-24)
4 Clippers (41-25)
5 Lakers (40-26)
6 Dallas (39-27)
7 Portland (38-28)
8 Memphis (37-29)

He has Memphis as being 8th seed out west. I guess when you get Rudy Gay back it makes you worst.

To make matters worse people pay this a**hole 3.33/mo to read his opinions. Hollinger is just pathetic.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
LMFAOOOOOO @ where he has the knicks and grizzlies. mad retarded. this is exactly why i pay no mind to this dude or anyone at espn for that matter

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The media hates...I was watching ESPN coverage on Baron Davis signing with NYC and they said something along the line of "beggars can't be choosers". Had Miami been the ones to sign Baron they would have all been calling it brilliant and the final piece to put them over the top. The only way to shut the media up is to win and keep winning!

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Hollinger will be regretting

hating on the Shumpert and Fields.

There will be a reserved circle in Hell for those that hated on the Shumpert and Fields.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
We have arguably one of the best off seasons in the league. We are finishing behind the Sixers and Pacers who we finished ahead of last with an inferior roster. That's the most stupid logic I have ever heard. How the hell do you have the Hawks, who are essentially bringing back the same roster last season minus Crawford, finishing behind the Bucks. He should be fired for these predictions. Denver second in the West? Clearly Hollinger is a closet Nugget fan upset over the Melo drama last season.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I'm surprised Hollinger has the Knicks in the playoffs. He probably realized that his hate would be obvious