10-11 Player Rotation? Can it be? Mike?

Preseason prejudice aside, is Taz Balkman worthy of a spot in the 2nd unit?

• Ya, meine f?hrer - yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Nein, mein frau - no

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Is D'Antoni really stepping out of his strict regime of running players ragged?

d-ant-rant-o.gif

(Knicks coach Mike) D?Antoni said though his two rookies ? center Josh Harrellson and first-rounder combo guard, Iman Shumpert ? had poor shooting nights, they will be in the opening-day rotation. The two youngsters combined to shoot just 4 of 22, but they have added defensive grit to go along with Chandler?s defensive demeanor.

?It?s going to be a pretty long rotation all year,? D?Antoni said. ?It should be at least 10, 11 guys, maybe even 12. I think the two rookies, they are going to be a part of everything and have earned some time.??

Well, well! Looks as if the HC is changing his (overplayed) tune. He's never been afraid to throw rookies in the mix, clearly, but this is a whole new sway for a D'antoni ball club. Last season's obvious wear and tear on STAT was probably the catalyst.

I like the idea - adding cohesion to 2, or more, units.

Presumably, he'll be keeping a star on the floor, as he did against NJ with Melo, and will no doubt rely on his second unit - which may or may not be under the tutelage of Mike Brown - for defensive purposes.

Something along the lines of:

Bibby, Shump, Balkman (?), Jefferies and Jorts as the second.

And tonight's starting 5 remaining as the go to at tip off.

● Davis and Iman, IMO, will be the question marks here; how their play alongside our Big 3 pans out determines the role of Fields and Douglas, who, and this a matter of personal opinion, would be better in backup roles, leaving a 2nd unit along the lines of:

Douglas, Landry, Balkman (?), Jeffries, Jorts and perhaps Novak, in collusion with Melo as our best offensive player. As far as I see it, that is still a decent 5 to have on, and I'm happy to see that Mike is not stuck in his mode.

Have at it, gentlemen!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/dantoni-two-rookies-will-be-in-rotation

DrB

Benchwarmer
No Choice

Crazy⑧s;191165 said:
Is D'Antoni really stepping out of his strict regime of running players ragged?

d-ant-rant-o.gif

(Knicks coach Mike) D?Antoni said though his two rookies ? center Josh Harrellson and first-rounder combo guard, Iman Shumpert ? had poor shooting nights, they will be in the opening-day rotation. The two youngsters combined to shoot just 4 of 22, but they have added defensive grit to go along with Chandler?s defensive demeanor.

?It?s going to be a pretty long rotation all year,? D?Antoni said. ?It should be at least 10, 11 guys, maybe even 12. I think the two rookies, they are going to be a part of everything and have earned some time.??

Well, well! Looks as if the HC is changing his (overplayed) tune. He's never been afraid to throw rookies in the mix, clearly, but this is a whole new sway for a D'antoni ball club. Last season's obvious wear and tear on STAT was probably the catalyst.

I like the idea - adding cohesion to 2, or more, units.

Presumably, he'll be keeping a star on the floor, as he did against NJ with Melo, and will no doubt rely on his second unit - which may or may not be under the tutelage of Mike Brown - for defensive purposes.

Something along the lines of:

Bibby, Shump, Balkman (?), Jefferies and Jorts as the second.

And tonight's starting 5 remaining as the go to at tip off.

● Davis and Iman, IMO, will be the question marks here; how their play alongside our Big 3 pans out determines the role of Fields and Douglas, who, and this a matter of personal opinion, would be better in backup roles, leaving a 2nd unit along the lines of:

Douglas, Landry, Balkman (?), Jeffries, Jorts and perhaps Novak, in collusion with Melo as our best offensive player. As far as I see it, that is still a decent 5 to have on, and I'm happy to see that Mike is not stuck in his mode.

Have at it, gentlemen!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/dantoni-two-rookies-will-be-in-rotationhttp://www.hoopsworld.com/dantoni-two-rookies-will-be-in-rotation
It's not a coaching revelation that forced D'Antoni to do this..it's the shortened season with a ton of back to backs. An 8 man rotation could not survive that.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Early on he'll do this at least, since there wasn't many pre-season games. He should have this big rotation all season, the guys trying to get a permanent spot could bring a lot of energy.

I voted yes for Balkman, deserves it.

CoolClyde

the expanding D'ick

agreed, the shortened season has a lot to do with it, and how Antoni has
seen his players injured or hit the wall with small rotation each and every year.
it's a no-brainer, makes perfect sense for this coach. also, D'mustache realizes
he's got the best team he's ever had, with a second unit who held strong against
the Nyets first team, so how can he not play them?
Balkmania = unsung hero. Jorts = David Lee II. I-Man = The-Man.
The Bib = The Bib. Giraffe and Skwalker are a given. 6+5 = 11 man rotation,
and when the Baron gets unherniated, he'll be major part of rotating.
12-man rotation baby, with an emphasis on D, wins championships.
:2cents: