Knicks waive Green and Hunter

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
New York Knickerbockers Senior Vice President, Basketball Operations and Interim General Manager Glen Grunwald announced today that the team has waived guard/forward Devin Green and forward/center Chris Hunter.

Green, 6-7, 212-pounds, signed with New York as a free agent on Dec. 12. He averaged three points over 14 minutes in two preseason games.

Hunter, 6-11, 240-pounds, signed with New York as a free agent on Dec. 12. He did not appear in either of the two preseason games.

The roster stands at 14 players.

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2011/12/22/knicks-waive-hunter-and-green/

CA7

Scoring Champ
Sucks man I wish them guys the best in their future endeavors

On the contrary I'm hearing Kenyon Martin may be an option he can replace Jeffries as that all around defender yet tougher inside and can finish better

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I say they sign Mike Redd to the Vet min, and cut Balkman once Kenyon is cleared to sign in March. I would salivate at that lineup. :thumbsup:

Why did we cut Green? I think he did allright in that 4th quarter.

Blocked 2 shots, scored about 5 points and played with good effort.

I'd have kept him to be honest.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Erie BayHawks: The BayHawks have acquired former Hampton University alum Devin Green. Green, who has spent time with the L.A. Lakers and N.Y. Knicks, will be in uniform tonight as the BayHawks host Fort Wayne.

Seba

Benchwarmer
Guys, what happened with Keith Bogans?
He could fill in for us at the 2.

I know a 3-4 is the first priority, but a player of that level for the kind of money we would be giving him... I say we go for it.

Wargames

Starter
Erie BayHawks: The BayHawks have acquired former Hampton University alum Devin Green. Green, who has spent time with the L.A. Lakers and N.Y. Knicks, will be in uniform tonight as the BayHawks host Fort Wayne.

ok that makes sense, Send him to the D league and let him learn the system similar to the Knicks and maybe if it all clicks together next year sign him to a cheap contract to be a roleplayer. However, you know what would make more sense is if the Knicks sent J Jordan to join him if he doesn't start playing Back Up C in a few weeks. Don't let the guy become rusty like Rautins. Its just a waste of talent (regardless if its raw or not).

Wargames

Starter
Guys, what happened with Keith Bogans?
He could fill in for us at the 2.

I know a 3-4 is the first priority, but a player of that level for the kind of money we would be giving him... I say we go for it.

Wasn't he the lowest scoring starting SG last year though?

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Devin Green will have his chance playing in the D-League team associated with the Knicks. If he plays well, he might come back to the NBA.

Seba

Benchwarmer
Wasn't he the lowest scoring starting SG last year though?

Probably
He is a great defender tho, and you have to admit... he started the 82 games in the best team of the season.
I'm not saying this guy will take us to the next level or anything, but we have a shallow roster and there aren't many players for free out there.