SOME WISE WORDS FROM MAGIC
"Number one, the biggest challenge, is how do they come together," said Johnson, an ESPN analyst, Tuesday during a conference call. "How do they play as a team? We saw what happened to the Heat early on last year. They were not playing well together, and then they finally caught fire mid-season and into the playoffs. If you're not in sync with one another, the Knicks are going to struggle early, so fans have got to be patient."
"They were never in sync last season, so coach (Mike) D'Antoni has to figure out how to get them in sync and how to get them to play with each other and off of each other," Johnson said. "They're not even used to working with each other. It's going to take a while for them to figure out where each other likes to be, where am I supposed to be on offense?"
"Fans got to be patient, but number one, the players have got to be patient," Johnson said. "If they don't get off to a early good start, they've got to stick with it. Because once they get it down, they're going to be battling with Chicago and Miami for the Eastern Conference championship."
No doubt about it. It's hard to remember what everyone says but we all agree to following
1. The frontline is excellant and can only get better as the seasons rolls on.
2. A few weeks ago there were 7 contracts and 9 new faces...this opinion by Magic is right on. Look at the Roster.
3. The question marks are in the back court and if anyone here thinks TD and LANDRY are a champanship DUO ...get me what you are smoking
4. We are all in agreement thar Baron Davis can be if he is healthy the answer to the backcourt problem especially if the 8-10 weeks becomes more like 4- 6 weeks before he's ready. Even at 8-10 weeks the upside beats the downside for a Veterans minimum contract. Let's not forget he's getting 14 million plus this between the Cavs and the Knicks.
5. The Pre season is taking on a whole new meaning...it used to be about seeing the new faces and improving conditioning amongst the veterans...Now its about speculation...Are the Clippers better than the Lakers? Is Paul Pierce out for the opener? etc..
6. Again I say 66 games is enough to separate the cream from the rest...