View Poll Results: Preseason prejudice aside, is Taz Balkman worthy of a spot in the 2nd unit?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ya, meine führer - yes

9 90.00%
  • Nein, mein frau - no

1 10.00%

Thread: 10-11 Player Rotation? Can it be? Mike?

Nyk Logo 10-11 Player Rotation? Can it be? Mike?

Is D'Antoni really stepping out of his strict regime of running players ragged?

(Knicks coach Mike) D’Antoni said though his two rookies — center Josh Harrellson and first-rounder combo guard, Iman Shumpert — had poor shooting nights, they will be in the opening-day rotation. The two youngsters combined to shoot just 4 of 22, but they have added defensive grit to go along with Chandler’s defensive demeanor.

“It’s going to be a pretty long rotation all year,” D’Antoni said. “It should be at least 10, 11 guys, maybe even 12. I think the two rookies, they are going to be a part of everything and have earned some time.’’

__________________________________________________ ______________

Well, well! Looks as if the HC is changing his (overplayed) tune. He's never been afraid to throw rookies in the mix, clearly, but this is a whole new sway for a D'antoni ball club. Last season's obvious wear and tear on STAT was probably the catalyst.

I like the idea - adding cohesion to 2, or more, units.

Presumably, he'll be keeping a star on the floor, as he did against NJ with Melo, and will no doubt rely on his second unit - which may or may not be under the tutelage of Mike Brown - for defensive purposes.

Something along the lines of:

Bibby, Shump, Balkman (?), Jefferies and Jorts as the second.

And tonight's starting 5 remaining as the go to at tip off.

● Davis and Iman, IMO, will be the question marks here; how their play alongside our Big 3 pans out determines the role of Fields and Douglas, who, and this a matter of personal opinion, would be better in backup roles, leaving a 2nd unit along the lines of:

Douglas, Landry, Balkman (?), Jeffries, Jorts and perhaps Novak, in collusion with Melo as our best offensive player. As far as I see it, that is still a decent 5 to have on, and I'm happy to see that Mike is not stuck in his mode.

Have at it, gentlemen!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/dantoni-two-rookies-will-be-in-rotation

Default No Choice

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Is D'Antoni really stepping out of his strict regime of running players ragged?

(Knicks coach Mike) D’Antoni said though his two rookies — center Josh Harrellson and first-rounder combo guard, Iman Shumpert — had poor shooting nights, they will be in the opening-day rotation. The two youngsters combined to shoot just 4 of 22, but they have added defensive grit to go along with Chandler’s defensive demeanor.

“It’s going to be a pretty long rotation all year,” D’Antoni said. “It should be at least 10, 11 guys, maybe even 12. I think the two rookies, they are going to be a part of everything and have earned some time.’’

__________________________________________________ ______________

Well, well! Looks as if the HC is changing his (overplayed) tune. He's never been afraid to throw rookies in the mix, clearly, but this is a whole new sway for a D'antoni ball club. Last season's obvious wear and tear on STAT was probably the catalyst.

I like the idea - adding cohesion to 2, or more, units.

Presumably, he'll be keeping a star on the floor, as he did against NJ with Melo, and will no doubt rely on his second unit - which may or may not be under the tutelage of Mike Brown - for defensive purposes.

Something along the lines of:

Bibby, Shump, Balkman (?), Jefferies and Jorts as the second.

And tonight's starting 5 remaining as the go to at tip off.

● Davis and Iman, IMO, will be the question marks here; how their play alongside our Big 3 pans out determines the role of Fields and Douglas, who, and this a matter of personal opinion, would be better in backup roles, leaving a 2nd unit along the lines of:

Douglas, Landry, Balkman (?), Jeffries, Jorts and perhaps Novak, in collusion with Melo as our best offensive player. As far as I see it, that is still a decent 5 to have on, and I'm happy to see that Mike is not stuck in his mode.

Have at it, gentlemen!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    It's not a coaching revelation that forced D'Antoni to do this..it's the shortened season with a ton of back to backs. An 8 man rotation could not survive that.

Early on he'll do this at least, since there wasn't many pre-season games. He should have this big rotation all season, the guys trying to get a permanent spot could bring a lot of energy.

I voted yes for Balkman, deserves it.

Default the expanding D'ick

agreed, the shortened season has a lot to do with it, and how Antoni has
    seen his players injured or hit the wall with small rotation each and every year.
    it's a no-brainer, makes perfect sense for this coach. also, D'mustache realizes
    he's got the best team he's ever had, with a second unit who held strong against
    the Nyets first team, so how can he not play them?
    Balkmania = unsung hero. Jorts = David Lee II. I-Man = The-Man.
    The Bib = The Bib. Giraffe and Skwalker are a given. 6+5 = 11 man rotation,
    and when the Baron gets unherniated, he'll be major part of rotating.
    12-man rotation baby, with an emphasis on D, wins championships.