Thread: Carmelo=Bob McAdoo?

Default Carmelo=Bob McAdoo?

Deja Vu?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Interesting. Didn't know that.

Make way for the new King

Originally Posted by StatVP
    Make way for the new King

Bernard King deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

As much as I like Bill Bradley his stats are kind of pathetic compared to Bernard's.

Well they released the stat on ESPN when they announced the trade saying he's the 1st Knick to average what he does since Bob. But, Bob is a HOF so thats a great compliment. Though in no way am I saying he's Bob.

its not like we played defense before getting melo anyways...

This team isn't built to win this year regardless

Originally Posted by Stat4mvp
    its not like we played defense before getting melo anyways...

This team isn't built to win this year regardless
    Exactly. But of course there will be questions just like it was with Amar'e

EDIT:Heres a fun fact. Carmelo is the only active player in the NBA that has averaged over 20ppg in 7 straight years since being a rookie and his team make the playoffs each one of those years.The others are all hof...
    Last edited by la2ny; Feb 22, 2011 at 01:43.

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Exactly. But of course there will be questions just like it was with Amar'e
    Well a lot of us, including myself, questioned if Amar'e was worth that money. This has to do with depth.

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Well they released the stat on ESPN when they announced the trade saying he's the 1st Knick to average what he does since Bob. But, Bob is a HOF so thats a great compliment. Though in no way am I saying he's Bob.
    Bob did nothing for the Knicks at all.

Spencer Haywood was once thought of as a superstar.

Neither played much D or rebounded.

Those were two great players together that produced nothing.

This team pales in comparison to Frazier, Barnett, Reed, DeBusschere, and Bradley.

Originally Posted by 1970KnicksLove
    Bernard King deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

As much as I like Bill Bradley his stats are kind of pathetic compared to Bernard's.
    Bradley was playing with much better players so he didn't have as many scoring opportunities, King was pretty much carrying the Knicks in his time here so his stats would obviously be more impressive. If you compare King's career #'s to Melo's tho you will see Melo compares favorably & that's even playing with a good amount of talent. Melo will be a Hall of Fame player someday himself.

Funny how right after the Knicks acquire Carmelo Anthony we get flooded with Heat, Celtics, Bulls, Lakers and Nets trolls.

Bradley was playing with much better players so he didn't have as many scoring opportunities, King was pretty much carrying the Knicks in his time here so his stats would obviously be more impressive. If you compare King's career #'s to Melo's tho you will see Melo compares favorably & that's even playing with a good amount of talent. Melo will be a Hall of Fame player someday himself.
    Bernard was a much more dynamic player than Bradley, more athletic, and could get his shot off anytime he wanted.

Bradley was a great scorer in college and I think this helped him get into the Hall as well as being a two time NBA champion as well as his intelligence.

It is a joke that Bernard King is not in the Hall of Fame.

Originally Posted by 1970KnicksLove
    Bernard was a much more dynamic player than Bradley, more athletic, and could get his shot off anytime he wanted.

Bradley was a great scorer in college and I think this helped him get into the Hall as well as being a two time NBA champion as well as his intelligence.

It is a joke that Bernard King is not in the Hall of Fame.
    I agree with you Bernard should definitely be in the HOF, he was the Carmelo Anthony of those days, the guy was a pure scorer. I can't comment much about Bradley I've never seen the guy play, I just know he played with much more talented teammates so he had to share his touches more than King had to. Anyway it's hard to compare players from different eras. I'm just happy we got a new King of NY!

I agree with you Bernard should definitely be in the HOF, he was the Carmelo Anthony of those days, the guy was a pure scorer. I can't comment much about Bradley I've never seen the guy play, I just know he played with much more talented teammates so he had to share his touches more than King had to. Anyway it's hard to compare players from different eras. I'm just happy we got a new King of NY!
    Too bad you missed the greatest team with a capital T possibly in all of sports.

The Knicks championship teams of 1970 and 1973 were a very unselfish team and all of the players moved without the ball.

There were basically no isolations and one on one ball that you see today.

The team defense was unbelievably great.

How I miss those Knick teams.

oh, yes a goofy tall guy with wide shoulders was a role player that became a coach that broke Auerbach's championship record.

I still hate the Fakers though.

Yeah, I wish I had the opportunity to see those Knicks championship teams, I've heard so many things about them. I love a team that plays true team oriented where there's no 1 guy that has to carry the load, unfortunately in today's world it's a star players' league. You have to change with the times. Melo is gonna represent this franchise great, I have no doubt about it in my mind. STAT & Amare, I love the sound of it.