WOW! Brook Lopez broke Foot

miked1958

Rotation player
Last night vs Knicks. He will be out 2 months according to ESPN. The report says that by breaking his foot it will seriously jeopardize the possible trade with Orlando for Dwight Howard.

Last edited:

Forrest17

Rotation player
This really sucks for the nets lol... Brooke Lopez's best asset was that he was like the only center that never gets injured... So much for that..

KingCharles34

All Star
hahaha thats what he gets for being a puss...he pushed for the nets to resign humphries because he admitted he didnt wanna do all the dirty work. This dude is soft, and without him...we saw how Dwill looked frustrated at times, he's gonna be leaving New Jerz...all they'll have left is Jersey Shore, Joe Budden and Redman. When they move to New York, they'll be looked at as a developmental team thats cool to watch when the Knicks have the night off

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
hahaha thats what he gets for being a puss...he pushed for the nets to resign humphries because he admitted he didnt wanna do all the dirty work. This dude is soft, and without him...we saw how Dwill looked frustrated at times, he's gonna be leaving New Jerz...all they'll have left is Jersey Shore, Joe Budden and Redman. When they move to New York, they'll be looked at as a developmental team thats cool to watch when the Knicks have the night off
Hey man what about me?????

Sage

Rotation player
Wow they were saying in the coverage just yesterday that he's never missed a game.

miked1958

Rotation player
Lol. DWill will be looking to jump ship pretty quick. Without Lopez for two months the Nets will be WELL below .500 and almost eliminated.

miked1958

Rotation player
Wow they were saying in the coverage just yesterday that he's never missed a game.
They jinxed him. You know how when a guy is about it take a FreeThrow and they say he has not missed in xyz attempts....lol or this guy has not fumbled in two years, or this kicker has made his last 50 field goals and has not had one blocked in over two years

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont believe in karma but when your a crooked business man like that Russian dude and you intentionally try to fukk over others, its bound to comeback to you at somepoint. This is the same dude that was putting up billboards near MSG and the same dude that drove up the price for Carmelo. I dont feel bad for him at all, say goodbye DWill!!!! :lol:

skisloper

Starter
If I am the NETS I would be freaking out that they have a good at losing Deron Williams..

They need to trade Williams for another star who has a multi-year contract....

anyone have a trade ?

Amare for Williams ( only kidding...kind of )

miked1958

Rotation player
I dont believe in karma but when your a crooked business man like that Russian dude and you intentionally try to fukk over others, its bound to comeback to you at somepoint. This is the same dude that was putting up billboards near MSG and the same dude that drove up the price for Carmelo. I dont feel bad for him at all, say goodbye DWill!!!! :lol:
Man..... Bet the Nets boards are in Panic Mode. Friends of mine that are Nets fans were so cocky back 3-4 weeks ago. Here they were about to acquire Howard and a bunch of others mentioned in trade rumors and possible other FA signings.

Now here it is Three weeks later and they got nobody really to make that team say they are ready to compete for the East. Now I try to call and text them after all the moves we made to improve and tried again after I heard about Brook but it seems they have all gone into hiding. Lol

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Nets are boned. Sucks for Lopez, but it makes us that much stronger of a team. I do hope Lopez gets better, but I hope D-Will stiffs NJ.

In fact I think it's almost a given that D-Will is going to bolt as soon as his contract is up. A bastard like him who ran Jerry Sloan out of Utah has no desire to play on a losing team - you saw his face last night (which is what she said last night).

miked1958

Rotation player
The Nets are boned. Sucks for Lopez, but it makes us that much stronger of a team. I do hope Lopez gets better, but I hope D-Will stiffs NJ.

In fact I think it's almost a given that D-Will is going to bolt as soon as his contract is up. A bastard like him who ran Jerry Sloan out of Utah has no desire to play on a losing team - you saw his face last night (which is what she said last night).

Yes he did look pissed. Bet he is even more mad today after finding out about Lopez

DrB

Benchwarmer
My question on STAT'S bragging? Good or Bad?

Last night vs Knicks. He will be out 2 months according to ESPN. The report says that by breaking his foot it will seriously jeopardize the possible trade with Orlando for Dwight Howard.

Look last year Lopez ate our lunch with 20 plus /game and 10 boards and here I am so excited as we seem to shut him down in game 2 of the pre season. I had no idea he had suffered a stress fracture. I never like to see an athelete go down to injury but I DID NOT see any big knick vs. the Brooklyn Nets rivalry developing just yet. I saw Lopez certainly as a toe to toe player with Chandler in Game one. I know the guys here think he's soft...not me. He does need the help of board banger...doesn't make him soft. Look at his numbers.
I just am not thrilled with the flow of the game with Amare and MELO as both are creating on their own too much. I did see a few excellant passes from Melo to Amare and I watched the ENCORE to boot. For sure there will be a huge period of adjustment for the talent here to gel. It will.
Remember Amare and Carmelo still don't have a full season together. I can think of no one I would rather have, have the ball in the NBA down one with 8 sec. left then Carmelo. Kobe seconds that BTW.
We need Amare to not only be a beast going to the hole but to hit the J with consistancy. He has not been right since he's been hurt. I define right as Amare getting 30 plus 6 games in row last season. Tell me if I am wrong. Just be gentle telling me...lol.
Does TONEY D have two modes...pathic and superb...needs to be more consistant. He will.
Do we settle for 10 points and 10 boards from Chandler...nah. Chandler will surprise us...Watch. And Chandler was working the pick and roll to perfection. Next he's gotta finish. He will.
I saw the thread on the players of the decade...truly an interesting selection next to the potential we have right NOW. What do I mean...take your all star team of that decade and they would loose to our current team at the end of this season IMHO. I remember skinny Camby finally becoming a player..and yes he did.
My biggest surprise this year! The front office. They are in overdrive.

My question is DOES STAT brag a bit to much or is he a confidence builder for the team? Any thoughts? I agree this forum knows it sh*t but I don't see Lopez as soft. As a 5 decade long fan that I am I had seats behind RED HOLZMAN...is that old or what?

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Same fracture happened to me on an open pull-up back in the day...freaky stuff. I popped out my sneaker too. Never worn low-tops since. Surgery is a screw in there, crutches for a month, rehab...good as new. Oh well :boohoo:

Crazy⑧s;191244 said:
Sweet. That'll keep Howard out of NJ almost indefinitely. Can't really see him going there as a FA.

Dwight to the Lakers then.....

I'd approve it after they got screwed on that Paul deal..

Don't wanna see the Clippers winning...losing fitted them so well :thumbsup:

iSaYughh

Starter
Dwight to the Lakers then.....

I'd approve it after they got screwed on that Paul deal..

Don't wanna see the Clippers winning...losing fitted them so well :thumbsup:

Do Lakers even contend with Howard? I guess in the absolute best case where they simply give up Bynum, #1 picks, and every decent player on their team outside of Kobe and Metta.

And even then...It's no sure thing they will even be a dominant team. But they probably have to go for broke, soley for sake of Kobe.

It does seem like Howard to the Lakers is a fata compli. Question is, what's the price; and how does Bynum and Gasol's season start out.

Paul1355

All Star
This supports the idea that the Magic will keep Dwight until after the allstar game, which is in Orlando.

Do you really think Orlando wants to host an allstar game with Dwight not being a Magic? I don't think so.

By then Lopez will be healthy and the previous offer of Lopez, Gerald Wallace, and 5 draft picks will look like a lock for a deal.