Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 51 of 51

Thread: Melo Can Be Top 8-10 Player In League

  1. #46
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    EVERYTHING

    MELO

    IS JUDGED BY

    BEGINS THIS YEAR




    that sums up all your arguments

    Every one forgets he is only 26-27 years old


    he has another 5-7 years of prime ball to define himself as dirk did

    kobe didnt come into his OWN with out the likes of shaq etc until around 27



    Again

    STOP TALKING ABOUT MELO DOESNT DEFEND

    when ?

    yesterday

    um no he defended like crazy, he rebounded like a machine

    and on offense he did things that only kobe, dirk, lebron, wade etc can do

    no one else in the league can take over a game that way

    and he did it in foul trouble.

    he would have an extra 5-7 minutes of floor time

    probably giving him 40+ pnts 10 + rebs

    lets put it this way

    you dont grab 8 boards

    you dont only shoot the ball 17 times

    and end up with 37 points against the celtics unless you are a top 5 player in the NBA

    pierce or no pierce, celtics play great team defense



    oh btw

    Fourth quarter

    Melo 17

    Celtics 17


    do I need to say anymore.
    You're mad gased over one game where Melo's main concern were two NBDL level players in Palvovic and Daniels. Failed post.

  2. #47
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're mad gased over one game where Melo's main concern were two NBDL level players in Palvovic and Daniels. Failed post.
    LMAO Daniels and Pavlovic are solid on ball defenders, pesky guys who were all over Melo and got torched. The fact is its a brand new Melo, if you didn't see it from his pre-season interviews, lock out workouts, in game attitude and performance and his post game team huddle and press conference then you dont know ****. Leave being a critic for the haters(unless you're one of them)

  3. #48
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    LMAO Daniels and Pavlovic are solid on ball defenders, pesky guys who were all over Melo and got torched. The fact is its a brand new Melo, if you didn't see it from his pre-season interviews, lock out workouts, in game attitude and performance and his post game team huddle and press conference then you dont know ****. Leave being a critic for the haters(unless you're one of them)
    It was only one gamme though. We all know Melo is capable of this kind of performance. The challenge for him is doing it consistently over the season, especially on the defensive game.

  4. #49
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    It was only one gamme though. We all know Melo is capable of this kind of performance. The challenge for him is doing it consistently over the season, especially on the defensive game.
    Oh he will, I can feel it

  5. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Jon Rothstein is not a top 10 NBA analyst.

  6. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I watch the games I watched KD yesterday, he is a bad defender the thing is he puts effort, Melo in the past did not put a lot of effort but like I said its a new day for him and when he defends he's solid.
    So Durant is a better defender, but you will assume that Melo will be better this year? I guess that as of now, Durant is a better defender since he gives effort and he is about average on defense (He is not "bad". You said it yourself he gives effort).

    Melo is playing Point Forward for us at certain spurts, meaning he's playing like a Larry Bird type guy. Kevin Durant can not do that 1 bit he had 6 ast yesterday but each was on an extra pass or on the break.
    And as a point forward he got......3 assists. Just because he is playing that role doesn't mean he will be great at it. He was good at point forward early on, then they stopped using it and he started looking more for his shot.

    Melo is a better rebounder PERIOD.
    Total rebound % last 2 seasons:
    Melo: 11.8%, 9.5%.
    Durant: 10.3%, 11.0%.

    Seems pretty even to me.

    Maybe you should watch the game more close and understand that I said KD is great and I would not mind having him but Melo is better, its all opinion but with all due respect to KD anything he can do CA can do better
    Your argument for Melo is that you THINK he will play better on defense this year and you THINK he will be successful as a passer this year. Meanwhile, Durant has shown he can be a competent defender and has not run the point or shown great passing ability so far. That's a lot of if's.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2011, 17:36
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2011, 18:10
  3. Knicks better off without Melo by Matt Meyers
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 14, 2011, 19:32
  4. No to 'Melo'
    By Blas in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 09:07
  5. NBA Breakout out Players for 2011
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Aug 09, 2010, 04:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •