Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melo Can Be Top 8-10 Player In League

@CA7: no way Carmelo is a top five NBA player, he's definately top five at his position, but I think everyone can name right away five better NBA players. But, to be honest with you, I was quite impressed by some of his dishes during the preseason and his effort to play defense.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @CA7: no way Carmelo is a top five NBA player, he's definately top five at his position, but I think everyone can name right away five better NBA players. But, to be honest with you, I was quite impressed by some of his dishes during the preseason and his effort to play defense.
    Name 5 and give me reasons why

LeBron, Wade, D-Rose, Kobe and Dirk and don't ask my why because you ought to know that, just count how many rings or MVPs they have or how many times they made it to the finals

If you wanna say MVP's then Nash is top 5 he got 2, Dirk is better than Carmelo at what he's got 1 ring in like 14 years big deal, rings count towards legacy I'm saying skill. In my opinion the top 5 players are Kobe, Wade, Anthony, James and Durant followed by Paul, Rose, Williams, Dirk and Howard

Also

James- 2 finals, 2 finals wins, 2 MVP's- LeBron is a ****ing joke

LeBron plays at least equal offense compared to Anthony; plus he does some great teamwork and is known of playing defense. Anthony keeps saying he's going to improve his dishes and put some more effort on the defensive end, but ESPN despite all their Knicks hate have correctly pointed out that Carmelo said that before, back in 2004 and nothing changed. LeBron is a complete player, he's Carmelo 2.0, you can hate him because of his media behavior, but you can't list Anthony above him, because he's simply a better player.
    Rose is a great player and talented player, he's a hustler and a leader, he's one man band, he's clutch, he dunks, he steals, blocks and simply does everything else. Anthony is a star but Rose has enough tools to become an icon of basketball.
    Dirk doesn't play anything even close to defense, that's correct, but his offense lists him above Anthony; plus he's an MVP and does have a ring.
    You listed Wade and Kobe above Carmelo, so I think I don't have to tell you why they're better players. You reminded me about Nash and Howard, I'd list them above Anthony too.

Carmelo is easily a top ten NBA player, IMO. I wouldn't say he is top 5 but he certainly has a chance to get there.

Dirk's O is not better than Melo's....Howard is not more skilled than Melo, Rose....idk I love Rose though its tough....Nash...please

As for LeBron people say Melo needs the ball in his hands but in all honesty its LeBron that needs the ball, he's not a true SF, he's a fake ass Magic Johnson. I'm not impressed by his game, I feel he's all hype and that not me being a homer its just my opinion

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Melo is a bit overrated. He's not in my top 10. He would be if he put more energy into defense. Alot of guys in the NBA put most of their energy into offense, Melo is one of them.

My top ten is more balanced, though elite offensive players, these guys make strides on defense to keep their teams competitive.

1. James
    2. Wade
    3. Paul
    4. Bryant
    5. Howard
    6. Rose
    7. Durant
    8. Williams
    9. Nowitzki
    10. Gasol
    11. Griffin (Absolute perfect prospect, only thing missing is a presence on defense)
    12. Stoudimire (Poor man to man defender but his help shot blocking impacted the team alot)
    13. Horford
    14. Anthony/Westbrook
    15. Love(more energy into defense...elite at boxing out which is apart of D)/Aldridge

I want to put Bynum into this list as well...and don't be surprise for young guys like Wall join the elites.

Melo when playing tenacious defense like he did 2 years ago in the PLAYOFFS is a top 5 NBA player everyone hypes him up to be.

He already is

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Melo is a bit overrated. He's not in my top 10. He would be if he put more energy into defense. Alot of guys in the NBA put most of their energy into offense, Melo is one of them.

My top ten is more balanced, though elite offensive players, these guys make strides on defense to keep their teams competitive.

1. James
    2. Wade
    3. Paul
    4. Bryant
    5. Howard
    6. Rose
    7. Durant
    8. Williams
    9. Nowitzki
    10. Gasol
    11. Griffin (Absolute perfect prospect, only thing missing is a presence on defense)
    12. Stoudimire (Poor man to man defender but his help shot blocking impacted the team alot)
    13. Horford
    14. Anthony/Westbrook
    15. Love(more energy into defense...elite at boxing out which is apart of D)/Aldridge

I want to put Bynum into this list as well...and don't be surprise for young guys like Wall join the elites.

Melo when playing tenacious defense like he did 2 years ago in the PLAYOFFS is a top 5 NBA player everyone hypes him up to be.
    I can't say I'd do mine the same, pick for pick...But, no joke, that could be the best and most complete Top 15/Top 10 list I've ever seen.

Griffin/Love/Westbrook could take jumps to further excellence.

Williams, Gasol, Horford, and Kobe I could see Melo leaping ahead of this year.

This would get him right around the top10 cusp, and in the discussion on how he stacks up against anyone in the NBA, assuming he maintains his lethal, clutch shooting touch.

1. James
    2. Wade
    3. Paul
    4. Bryant
    5. Howard
    6. Rose
    7. Durant
    8. Williams
    9. Nowitzki
    10. Gasol
    13. Horford

14. Anthony/Westbrook

You lost all credibility and if Defense is so damn important then the best player in the NBA is Dwight Howard

1. James
    2. Wade
    3. Paul
    4. Bryant
    5. Howard
    6. Rose
    7. Durant
    8. Williams
    9. Nowitzki
    10. Gasol
    13. Horford
    14. Anthony/Westbrook

Great list bro! altough you put Kobe too high tough he's aging. Last year he only averaged 22 pts in playoffs and his defence wasn't that good. Kevin Love should be higher too. He will have even bigger year this season trust me.

As for Carmelo well his resume speaks for itself, I think positions 10-20 is where he belongs, guys in top 10 have much more individual achievements than him.

12th man

Originally Posted by CA7
    You lost all credibility and if Defense is so damn important then the best player in the NBA is Dwight Howard
    LeBron's defense is elite.

and I can never lose credibility on this site, keep dreaming.

12th man

Horford is REALLY underrated. I've noticed.

Its hard to take Kobe out of the top 5...All around even if he's coming down from his prime is just too good.

I wanted to put Love higher...but I'm waiting for the Wolves to win to increase his stock.

Love lost 20 pounds...lets see how he plays defense without that extra weight.

and CarlosArroyo7, you may have misunderstood me.

Defense is important, yes, but so is offense. Its 50/50 equal. Thats how I measure my players.

Superstar

Melo is a top ten player, how is this a discussion here, his 24.84 PPG for his career is 3RD only behind Bryant, and Wade among active players.This guy is ahead of many HOF players, like Bird, Kareem, Wilkins, Shaq etc.So come on give the man his due, an like i said before, how many 10 players are great defenders?Please stop with this stupid argument, he is far and away the most complete offensive player in the league, so give the man his due, we didn't sign him for his D, so stop it.