Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melo Can Be Top 8-10 Player In League

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Melo isn't better than Shaq, Bird, Hakeem. Doesn't make sense. Even Melo in his prime is atleast a level below them.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Melo isn't better than Shaq, Bird, Hakeem. Doesn't make sense. Even Melo in his prime is atleast a level below them.
    Never said he was better, all im saying is that his career numbers put him in hall of fame company right now, how is he not top ten?, because he hasn't won yet?Be patient, because before last season people were saying Dirk was washed, how quickly winning changes perception.

Horford is REALLY underrated. I've noticed.

Its hard to take Kobe out of the top 5...All around even if he's coming down from his prime is just too good.

I wanted to put Love higher...but I'm waiting for the Wolves to win to increase his stock.

Love lost 20 pounds...lets see how he plays defense without that extra weight.

and CarlosArroyo7, you may have misunderstood me.

Defense is important, yes, but so is offense. Its 50/50 equal. Thats how I measure my players.
    Horford is not better than Melo

and like I said if Defense is so important then Dwight Howard is the best Player in the NBA.

Now to all you with this Melo does not defend crap, he does defend and his focus on defense is at an all time high this year but also this man is the best scorer in the league no one has the tools he has, no one. He was robbed of the ROY his rookie year, snubbed as an All Star a few years, 2 inbound passes away from reaching the finals. Not to mention he is as clutch as you can be and he's made the playoffs every year while never averaging less than 20ppg. This guy is top 5 in my book and he'll prove come tomorrow. I'm done with this ****
    Last edited by CA7; Dec 26, 2011 at 01:54.

No way is Melo a top 5 player. He's arguably a top 10 player, at worst he is in the top 20. I say he is in the 10-15 range right now. 3rd best SF behind James and Durant.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks11
    No way is Melo a top 5 player. He's arguably a top 10 player, at worst he is in the top 20. I say he is in the 10-15 range right now. 3rd best SF behind James and Durant.
    He's a better passer, rebounder and defender than Durant so how is KD better than him

I have to watch more of Durant. Last post-season he showed he could be taken out of the game like Ray Allen if you stick to him and not allow quick shots off. Once Melo gets the ball the majority of the time he's gonna do what he wants. I'm not saying who I think is better since I have to watch more of each, I'm saying I would feel more comfortable with Melo than I would with Durant.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I have to watch more of Durant. Last post-season he showed he could be taken out of the game like Ray Allen if you stick to him and not allow quick shots off. Once Melo gets the ball the majority of the time he's gonna do what he wants. I'm not saying who I think is better since I have to watch more of each, I'm saying I would feel more comfortable with Melo than I would with Durant.
    Also Melo is more physically dominate. He bullies defenders now if we had KD I would not complain but in know way is he better than Melo overall I think it goes James/Anthony/Durant as the top 3 SF their interchangeable

Originally Posted by CA7
    He's a better passer, rebounder and defender than Durant so how is KD better than him
    Wow.......that is so wrong.

Durant is much better on defense, they aren't even close. Melo was basically one of the worst defenders in the league last year according to Synergy. Passing and rebounding is basically a wash. Both rebound well for their position. Both aren't great passers. Overall, they are very similar in those two aspects. Overall, they are high volume scorers, with Durant being more efficient at that. And he is a better defender. He is clearly the better player of the two to me. Unless you really think Melo is a good defender....then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should watch the games more closely.

12th man

Originally Posted by CA7
    Horford is not better than Melo

and like I said if Defense is so important then Dwight Howard is the best Player in the NBA.

Now to all you with this Melo does not defend crap, he does defend and his focus on defense is at an all time high this year but also this man is the best scorer in the league no one has the tools he has, no one. He was robbed of the ROY his rookie year, snubbed as an All Star a few years, 2 inbound passes away from reaching the finals. Not to mention he is as clutch as you can be and he's made the playoffs every year while never averaging less than 20ppg. This guy is top 5 in my book and he'll prove come tomorrow. I'm done with this ****

All around Horford is better than Melo.

12th man

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Never said he was better, all im saying is that his career numbers put him in hall of fame company right now, how is he not top ten?, because he hasn't won yet?Be patient, because before last season people were saying Dirk was washed, how quickly winning changes perception.
    Melo is going to the HOF whether he wins a title or not.
    But he'll never be on the level of the elites. Totally different class.

LeBron's defense is elite.

and I can never lose credibility on this site, keep dreaming.
    lebrons a good defender. if you're gonna call him elite, im not gonna split hairs. but an elite defender can slow down lebron, sometimes stop him. whos gonna stop melo without doubling?

Originally Posted by NYKnicks11
    Wow.......that is so wrong.

Durant is much better on defense, they aren't even close. Melo was basically one of the worst defenders in the league last year according to Synergy. Passing and rebounding is basically a wash. Both rebound well for their position. Both aren't great passers. Overall, they are very similar in those two aspects. Overall, they are high volume scorers, with Durant being more efficient at that. And he is a better defender. He is clearly the better player of the two to me. Unless you really think Melo is a good defender....then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should watch the games more closely.
    I watch the games I watched KD yesterday, he is a bad defender the thing is he puts effort, Melo in the past did not put a lot of effort but like I said its a new day for him and when he defends he's solid. Melo is playing Point Forward for us at certain spurts, meaning he's playing like a Larry Bird type guy. Kevin Durant can not do that 1 bit he had 6 ast yesterday but each was on an extra pass or on the break. Melo is a better rebounder PERIOD. Maybe you should watch the game more close and understand that I said KD is great and I would not mind having him but Melo is better, its all opinion but with all due respect to KD anything he can do CA can do better

All around Horford is better than Melo.
    no credibility, Horford is solid, but tell me if we had the same team before the Chandler trade that you would trade Melo for Horford

Melo is going to the HOF whether he wins a title or not.
    But he'll never be on the level of the elites. Totally different class.
    Melo came in with LeBron and Wade so he's forever in their shadow but he's just as talented. Similar to how Jordan over shadowed Barkley, Melo will forever be overshadowed by LeBron and D-Wade(to an extent)

12th man

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    lebrons a good defender. if you're gonna call him elite, im not gonna split hairs. but an elite defender can slow down lebron, sometimes stop him. whos gonna stop melo without doubling?
    LeBron's been on the NBA all defensive team a couple of times I believe, that would make him elite in my eyes.
    I don't know. Melo can be stopped. Anyone can be stopped and Melo can be slowed down. Melo is the superior half court scorer with an elite skill set. Both are equal in terms of scoring. Nothing really much to talk about.

Originally Posted by CA7
    I watch the games I watched KD yesterday, he is a bad defender the thing is he puts effort, Melo in the past did not put a lot of effort but like I said its a new day for him and when he defends he's solid. Melo is playing Point Forward for us at certain spurts, meaning he's playing like a Larry Bird type guy. Kevin Durant can not do that 1 bit he had 6 ast yesterday but each was on an extra pass or on the break. Melo is a better rebounder PERIOD. Maybe you should watch the game more close and understand that I said KD is great and I would not mind having him but Melo is better, its all opinion but with all due respect to KD anything he can do CA can do better

no credibility, Horford is solid, but tell me if we had the same team before the Chandler trade that you would trade Melo for Horford

Melo came in with LeBron and Wade so he's forever in their shadow but he's just as talented. Similar to how Jordan over shadowed Barkley, Melo will forever be overshadowed by LeBron and D-Wade(to an extent)
    KD and CA average the same amount of rebounds.

Two Time All Star isn't solid. Its elite. Horford is a top 15 NBAer, 2nd best all around C behind DH12, and he's naturally a PF.

Horford would impact this team, he makes players better on both side of the court due to his energy, skillset, and leadership. Tim Duncan type stuff.

Melo is under Wade's and LBJ's shadow because they're better him, but Melo's achievements as a prolific scoring SF will get him to the HOF I believe.

EVERYTHING

MELO

IS JUDGED BY

BEGINS THIS YEAR

that sums up all your arguments

Every one forgets he is only 26-27 years old

he has another 5-7 years of prime ball to define himself as dirk did

kobe didnt come into his OWN with out the likes of shaq etc until around 27

Again

STOP TALKING ABOUT MELO DOESNT DEFEND

when ?

yesterday

um no he defended like crazy, he rebounded like a machine

and on offense he did things that only kobe, dirk, lebron, wade etc can do

no one else in the league can take over a game that way

and he did it in foul trouble.

he would have an extra 5-7 minutes of floor time

probably giving him 40+ pnts 10 + rebs

lets put it this way

you dont grab 8 boards

you dont only shoot the ball 17 times

and end up with 37 points against the celtics unless you are a top 5 player in the NBA

pierce or no pierce, celtics play great team defense

oh btw

Fourth quarter

Melo 17

Celtics 17

do I need to say anymore.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    EVERYTHING

MELO

IS JUDGED BY

BEGINS THIS YEAR

that sums up all your arguments

Every one forgets he is only 26-27 years old

he has another 5-7 years of prime ball to define himself as dirk did

kobe didnt come into his OWN with out the likes of shaq etc until around 27

Again

STOP TALKING ABOUT MELO DOESNT DEFEND

when ?

yesterday

um no he defended like crazy, he rebounded like a machine

and on offense he did things that only kobe, dirk, lebron, wade etc can do

no one else in the league can take over a game that way

and he did it in foul trouble.

he would have an extra 5-7 minutes of floor time

probably giving him 40+ pnts 10 + rebs

lets put it this way

you dont grab 8 boards

you dont only shoot the ball 17 times

and end up with 37 points against the celtics unless you are a top 5 player in the NBA

pierce or no pierce, celtics play great team defense

oh btw

Fourth quarter

Melo 17

Celtics 17

do I need to say anymore.
    And the thread is dead.........thank you