D'antoni may had his Tom Coughlin moment

Blumatic

Rotation player
I want this team to be successful. Which means I want Dantoni to do well. I read somewhere that Dantoni is a realist. He knew the talent on this team years priest was terrible. Ive verb to a dew knicks open practices and he always tempered fans expectations. This year he feels we can win it all. I love his offense. Before he came the biggest complaint was the one on one ball we would play. Since he came that's never been an issue. And since he came we were just bad. Not embarrassing. Now he's no saint. He is very stubborn in winning his way. But I think he know he needs to change things. He knows he's on the hot seat and his career much less his job is on the line. He listened to his superiors and accepted the fact that Mike Woodson will be on board. And he's on done a great job with the media by stating Woodson is a great all around coach and not just a defensive coach. He doesn't want to pigeon hole Woodson. I think he will do a great job this year. And he will make us proud of our NEW YORK KNICKS. Son we stacked and we ready

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I've been saying for three years now that D'antoni has been the most mistreated coach in the history of the Knicks. The guy was essentially given one of the worst rosters in the league for two full seasons as the front office cleared cap room for the free agency class of 2010. After having his hands tied for two seasons, he was finally given a max player in Amare with some laudable role players to fill out his roster. Well, he had the team @ 28-26 before yet another roster shakeup to acquire a second max player. From that point forward, the team played .500 ball and lost to a vastly superior Celtics team in the first round of the playoffs (after suffering debilitating injuries to two of its three best players before the start of game 2).

Honestly, this is the first season the guy will be given a talented AND relatively stable roster to work with . Let's see how well he can get the team to play. When he had talent in Phoenix, he won 50-60+ games and several playoff series. And I'll never stop believing that if the league didn't suspend Amare and Boris Diaw for game 5 against the Spurs in 2007, he would have a ring on his finger right now, and his reputation would be forever in tact.

Wargames

Starter
It's his job to lose, but I think this team could do it. Also I agree he isn't stupid but the FO lois like they want him succeed based in their roster moves. Before T Chandler and Baron I would of called D'antoni a lame duck. Now he could definitely earn another contract in NY.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I've been saying for three years now that D'antoni has been the most mistreated coach in the history of the Knicks. The guy was essentially given one of the worst rosters in the league for two full seasons as the front office cleared cap room for the free agency class of 2010. After having his hands tied for two seasons, he was finally given a max player in Amare with some laudable role players to fill out his roster. Well, he had the team @ 28-26 before yet another roster shakeup to acquire a second max player. From that point forward, the team played .500 ball and lost to a vastly superior Celtics team in the first round of the playoffs (after suffering debilitating injuries to two of its three best players before the start of game 2).

Honestly, this is the first season the guy will be given a talented AND relatively stable roster to work with . Let's see how well he can get the team to play. When he had talent in Phoenix, he won 50-60+ games and several playoff series. And I'll never stop believing that if the league didn't suspend Amare and Boris Diaw for game 5 against the Spurs in 2007, he would have a ring on his finger right now, and his reputation would be forever in tact.
I thought I was the only one that cared that this is his first real shot at doing anything in NY. If he fails this year depending on how it goes down he still shouldn't deserve to be fired, but at least the haters will have something real to complain about. That being said, we'll be a top 3 team in the east, maybe in the league. No chance he goes anywhere.

Wargames

Starter
I thought I was the only one that cared that this is his first real shot at doing anything in NY. If he fails this year depending on how it goes down he still shouldn't deserve to be fired, but at least the haters will have something real to complain about. That being said, we'll be a top 3 team in the east, maybe in the league. No chance he goes anywhere.

Nah man he is on the hot seat the fact they didn't re-up his contract or his assistants (including Woodson) going into next year means he has to produce. Arguably the CP3 plan may have earned him one more extention since it looked like the Knicks hadintended to play the waiting game one more year and accept a low playoff seed to maintain salary space.

On the flip this is an ideal squad for his strengths and Woodson seems intent to cover up his weaknesses. Risk of injury aside I seen this current team going 40+ in the regular season and making it to the second round. Anything less and Phil Jackson could very easily swoop in and take over (if the rumors of him wanting to coach the knicks is true). He is going to have to show and prove this year nothing more and nothing less.