Baron Davis

Paul1355

All Star
This is a nice mix of Baron Davis last season as a Cavalier. As you can see after watching the video, Davis still has a lot left in the tank. He can hit the 3 point shot, has good handles, and has under rated court vision. He is also a clutch player which reminds me of Mr. Big Shot. No Billups but adding Davis and Chandler is fine with me.
Imagine Davis throwing lobs to Amare and Chandler, then hitting Melo for open shot, then being open from the outside since Amare and Melo are double teamed. He should be an instant impact when healthy.

Check out the video and let your imagination run wild.

petescud

Starter
If BD can stay healthy, i love his bench demeanor. He gets respect from all the guys, and seems really motivated to be a Knick. I love it. Get well soon BD we need ya

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
He showed some great leadership today, sometimes it looked he calls the timeouts and talk to the guys. And when he grabbed KG and started yelling at him like "who the **** you think you are knucklehead?"

0:12

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
He showed some great leadership today, sometimes it looked he calls the timeouts and talk to the guys. And when he grabbed KG and started yelling at him like "who the **** you think you are knucklehead?"

0:12

Davis was awesome today...In the middle of every huddle, coaching up shump and douglas on the bench, and him grabbing KG was great...If hes motivated the guy can straight ball. He really seemed emotionally commited today, Im excited...

skisloper

Starter
Now with Iman's injury I think its a no brainer that Davis is the starter when he returns assuming its 4 weeks....

We will need Douglas off the bench....

Davis
Fields
Melo
Stat
Chandler..

is an NBA Finals team......

I do think Fileds and Davis will be a sweet pairing....

Loved Fields stripping the ball yesterday at the end of the game

metrocard

Legend
He may very well be the most important player for us. We're in desperate need of ball movement and playmaking off the perimeter.

just so we recognize how significant it will be to have toney backing up davis on this team

douglas

19 pnts

4 assists

3 steals

+12 +/- margin

only 2 turnovers

for his first game starting at pg against an all star pg in rondo

pretty solid

and i dont blame toney on rondos big game

75 percent of rondos baskets came from our big men hacking the shit out of him and going for his silly lil pump fakes

and wide open fast break buckets after knicks turnovers

which toney only had 2

TakMan

Rotation player
just so we recognize how significant it will be to have toney backing up davis on this team

douglas

19 pnts

4 assists

3 steals

+12 +/- margin

only 2 turnovers

pretty solid

75 percent of rondos baskets came from our big men hacking the shit out of him and going for his silly lil pump fakes

which toney only had 2

I was not impressed with Douglas' display as a PG at all. Cast your minds back to April where he played the exact same position (again vs the celtics) and- again - allowed Rondo to excel, He is not a playmaker. He cannot make plays for himself or his team mates, while his ability to set the tempo is, well, not there. He's an incredibly useful player but needs to be played at the SG spot. Davis and Bibby need to be our PG's. Douglas made some terrible decisions during the Knicks slump and was not capable of managing the massive lead the Knicks had developed. His shooting % -particularly from the 3pt spot- was not good. He's not a PG. Play him at the 2 as a sixth man, and allow proper PG's to orchestrate the team and utilise the Knicks' 2 best players.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I mean Toney is who he is but here's something to think about. When Melo went out with foul trouble TD came in and provided a spark, he hit a three got a steal, fast break lay up and other solid plays

Wargames

Starter

douglas

19 pnts

4 assists

3 steals

+12 +/- margin

only 2 turnovers

pretty solid

which toney only had 2

These stats are why Toney will je great as a back up also I dont see him struggling like yesterdays game against non elite PG's . Also while he did log heavy minutes he could average about 15 pts off the bench on his rookie contract. Thats why you don't trade him ajd just ride through this month. The knicks only need to have Baron playing in the playoffs healthy and they can make some noise.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think we can all agree now that it wasnt because of the shoulder injury; Douglas sucks at guarding rondo. I actually think Bibby could do a better job. Or better yet, if Dantonis gonna play Jared Jeffries he might as well have him guard rondo, hes the one guy on our team that has proven he can. Get Healthy Baron :crossfingers:

smokes

Huge Member
I think we can all agree now that it wasnt because of the shoulder injury; Douglas sucks at guarding rondo. I actually think Bibby could do a better job. Or better yet, if Dantonis gonna play Jared Jeffries he might as well have him guard rondo, hes the one guy on our team that has proven he can. Get Healthy Baron :crossfingers:

I don't think that's true at all man, Rondo is near impossible to guard. Even Rose cannot defend Rondo all you can do is play him in front of you. Rondo hit a lot of midrange shots and the only times he got past Douglas was on screens where our big guys did not deny him properly.

Rondo had a beast game but he does that from time to time and with Pierce out he had extra touches on offense. I blame the whole team D for Rondos performance.