Vince holdout? It's 'his choice'

newmove

Rotation player
By STEVE BUFFERY, TORONTO SUN

THE BIG question now is: Will Vince Carter show up at training camp on Oct. 5? Raptors general manager Rob Babcock expects to see his disgruntled star forward, even if Carter is still in a funk over not being traded. >>>

Nice example of a spoiled attitude. :lol:

newmove

Rotation player
Right. I thought that too. So many players talking that way. Maybe this is one of the reasons they don't want to represent their country on the Olympics... The team does not fit their expectations...

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Tell you the truth this is getting out of control. Just imagine if someone like Marbury said "I want to be traded right now, I can't stand the Knicks" We all would be heated. After so many of these situations lately sooner or later either the league going to step in and place some rules or finally a team is going to step up and say "You are under contract and we are staying right here, and if you don't play i'll sue your ass and you will forfeit your contract".
Sooner or later its bound to happen, anyways thats just my opinion.

e_D

Benchwarmer
dasilva1079 said:
After so many of these situations lately sooner or later either the league going to step in and place some rules or finally a team is going to step up and say "You are under contract and we are staying right here, and if you don't play i'll sue your ass and you will forfeit your contract".
Sooner or later its bound to happen, anyways thats just my opinion.

Maybe its time something like that happened. These guys are getting paid too much money to be so demanding and whiney like that. It's the only sport where someone with a 90$ will complain that the team paying them is not good enough for their services. If it continues, the NBA will begin getting a bad image.

newmove

Rotation player
Well, to tell you the truth it is getting bad already. All those speculations, all those guns issues, all those crack and marijuana things do not support the good image of a greatest basketball league in the world history ever. Where else can you find a rapist making 135 millions in 7 years? Only in NBA.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I tend to disagree. Guys in the league, make mistakes...Certainly. However their mistakes are amplified and blown out of proportion. Think about Jermaine O'Neal. He was told Isiah Thomas would be the coach in Indiana. At that point, he was an unrestricted free agent. He was also strongly New York as a destination. He considers IT a friend. Donnie Walsh Lied to him the resigned him. 2 days later IT get fired. Same with Vince, they promised the team would be a contender, they could've traded for Magloire, who is a Toronto native. They've done nothing to improve the team in Toronto. The fact they didn't give Dr.J a real chance to be the GM there was the last straw (Token Interview). When teams lie to players that in itself is a breach of contract. As well, I read an Interview with Ricky Williams. He said he found smoking pot easy than using Paxil for pain relief. I think Marajuana should be legal. If beer, smoking and chemicals like Paxil are why not Mary Jane.

newmove

Rotation player
"People make mistakes, people build off the pass and what God forgives them" right?

I see nothing bad about smoking weed. For me it's totally OK. But making shit legal? I highly ( :mrgreen: ) doubt it.

My point was: there are so many NBA players of nowadays that make stupid/irrational/law breaking acts that it is becoming a trend which is not improving NBA image.

But as for me Iike it. I hate some NBA stars' attitude but I like their lifestyle. You know why people like black culture? Because it is straight. I totally agree with it. It's good that they are not hypocrites. Well some of them are but most of 'em are staright and that's great.

Just an opinion.

hey they are hella spoiled they do anythin and get away with it and kobe is a great example he would have ben in jail by now if he dint play in the NBA.

newmove

Rotation player
Yeah, some of them are spoiled but it's their choice. Noin bad about that since they do not break the law. I was speaking of the attitude, not about their lifestyle.
An speaking of kobe... well, he ain't even spoiled he's just a faggot, that's all.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Man I think Kobe just got his picture posted in the dictionary right next to HATER....Can't believe he said that stuff about Shaq