Knicks looking for another PG

Knicks Claim Jeremy Lin

"Just going up on ESPN online: Sources say Knicks, as expected, have claimed Jeremy Lin off waivers. Link on way" -@ESPNSteinLine (Marc Stein)

Not sure how I feel about this

I'm not supporting the idea to bring in another PG.

We have Baron Davis, Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby and Iman Shumpert = 4 guys who can play PG.

What we need is a shooting guard!

One of:

Marcus Thornton
O.J. Mayo
Nick Young
Anthony Parker
Tony Allen

next to Baron in the backcourt and we'll win a championship this year, I'll promise!

Management needs to make the right move now, we're only 1 player away from wining it all....trading away good assets like Billy Walker or Renaldo Balkman now for a 5th PG would definitely HURT our chances!

We need to engineer a package of Fields, Walker, Douglas and second round picks to get O.J. Mayo or Nick Young.

Or go the cheap route and trade Balkman and Fields for Anthony Parker or Tony Allen.

Knicks look to add PG; Nate unlikely

With Iman Shumpert out 2-4 weeks with a sprained MCL and Baron Davis out indefinitely with a back injury, the Knicks may be looking to add a point guard.

"I think [interim GM] Glen Grunwald's looking at it right now. He'll look to see what's available," Mike D'Antoni said about adding a player to the roster.

D'Antoni was asked about the possibility of signing ex-Knick Nate Robinson.

After an awkward smile, D'Antoni referred the question to Grunwald. He later said that the Knicks would look into the possibility of adding Robinson, who was waived by the Oklahoma City Thunder on Saturday and is now a free agent.

Robinson played a year-and-a-half under D'Antoni, who reportedly clashed with the diminutive guard. D?Antoni didn't play Robinson for 14 straight games in 2009-10. Robinson was dealt to Boston in a trade involving Bill Walker and others in February 2010.

So the Knicks are unlikely to bring him back.

The Knicks have 14 players on the roster. Only 11 are healthy. One of those healthy players, Mike Bibby, is hoping to return from a back injury on Wednesday when the Knicks take on the Golden State Warriors.

So there is certainly a need for a point guard to back up starter Toney Douglas.

"You have three point guards and two of them are questionable," D'Antoni said of Shumpert and Bibby. "You start thinking, 'Oh, maybe we have to do something there.'"

One possible free-agent option for the Knicks is Gilbert Arenas. He was cut by the Magic under the amnesty clause and has yet to sign with a team.

According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, the Knicks are on Arenas' wish list. But there has been no indication that the Knicks are interested in Arenas, who was suspended in 2010 for a gun-possession incident in Washington.

There are a few other free-agent point guards available. Among them are Marcus Banks, Antonio Daniels, Zabian Dowdell and Earl Boykins.

Whomever the Knicks sign, they are likely to do so using the veteran's minimum. They still have the $2.5 million "room" exception at their disposal.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/8559/knicks-look-to-add-pg-nate-unlikely

If Nate Robinson wasn't such a headcase I probably wouldn't mind having him on our team, but the guy is such a diva and would ruin the good chemistry we have on this team. The Knicks FO better stay far away from this guy.

Knicks Claim Jeremy Lin

I haven't seen much from this kid so I don't know whether this was a good pickup or not. I do know he was waived by both Houston and Golden State to get Dalembert and offer Deandre Jordan respectively.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'm not supporting the idea to bring in another PG.

We have Baron Davis, Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby and Iman Shumpert = 4 guys who can play PG.

What we need is a shooting guard!

One of:

Marcus Thornton
O.J. Mayo
Nick Young
Anthony Parker
Tony Allen

next to Baron in the backcourt and we'll win a championship this year, I'll promise!

Management needs to make the right move now, we're only 1 player away from wining it all....trading away good assets like Billy Walker or Renaldo Balkman now for a 5th PG would definitely HURT our chances!

We need to engineer a package of Fields, Walker, Douglas and second round picks to get O.J. Mayo or Nick Young.

Or go the cheap route and trade Balkman and Fields for Anthony Parker or Tony Allen.

I think we should go after Nick Young since he got the QO from Washington and they like their Wall/Crawford back court. We could grab him with his bird rights and sign him as our scoring 2 guard off the bench or as our starter if he plays well off of Melo and STAT.

Fields and Walker + maybe a 1st in 2016 or 2 2nds for Nick Young

Fields can play the 3 for Washington and Walker will score and defend off the bench for them

Wargames

Starter
I think we should go after Nick Young since he got the QO from Washington and they like their Wall/Crawford back court. We could grab him with his bird rights and sign him as our scoring 2 guard off the bench or as our starter if he plays well off of Melo and STAT.

Fields and Walker + maybe a 1st in 2016 or 2 2nds for Nick Young

Fields can play the 3 for Washington and Walker will score and defend off the bench for them

Nick young is kind of stupid (like shoot all day and never pass to Melo/STAT) though and he wants money going into the future that the Knicks don't have to spend.

The Knicks have enough scorers and Shumpert and TD are combo guards who should play the 2 but have the ability to play the one. Right now the Knicks pure PGs are either injured are at the end of their careers. Lin is a smart move. Even when Baron comes back I'm not sure I want TD subbing for him for 10 -15 mins anyway with the starters.

TD & Shumpert off the bench together will be nice for D though. But having a back up for BD who could pass & penetrate if he gets in foul trouble would be nice as well. Also Bibby is the new Roger Mason..... Deal with it.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Maybe Luke Ridnour is available, cause the only explanation for Him starting for the Wolves is to showcase him for a trade... Rubio and Barea will eat up the quality minutes
I watched him tonight, haven't watched a lot of him, I like his game. His tempo reminded me of Jason Williams (not the fanciness). He also has a sweet looking shot.

I watched him tonight, haven't watched a lot of him, I like his game. His tempo reminded me of Jason Williams (not the fanciness). He also has a sweet looking shot.

Hmm never been a fan of Ridnour, he's pretty good at what he does, but what he does is very limited. He's a good backup PG imo.

Rubio has way more talent though....he's their future PG.

Rubio will be the first European star PG in the NBA, this kid can play on both ends of the floor.

Bring in Rubio and Kevin Love for Stoudemire :teeth:

Just kidding.

nyk_nyk

All Star
We already have Davis available in a few weeks. Imax will also be back by then. This Lin kid will have to do for now. So far Melo has shown that his point/forward skills are good.

We're 1-0! Let's see how things play out over the next week before thinking we need additional players.