Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: Knicks claim Jeremy Lin

  1. #16
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    He'S basically the point guard version of Landry Fields.

    I saw him in action against the Lakers last season. He's a high energy guy and listens to the coaches. Obviously pretty intelligent and he plays with a lot of effort on defense.

    His level of talent however is very limited....he's turnover prone and his decision making is questionable. Not a great shooter either.

    It's no coincidence that he was released by the Warriors after a few games and didn't make it in Houston either.


    I'd have taken Marcus Banks, NBA veteran who's a legit second or third string PG, played in Phoenix under D'Antoni.

    I pray that we'll never see Lin and Fields together on the floor, that would be a nightmare of a backcourt.....

  2. #17
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    So what was the point in signing him if we're not gonna play him?

    Could have used the spot for Nate...

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    So what was the point in signing him if we're not gonna play him?

    Could have used the spot for Nate...
    Really? You are complaining about a players minutes who has been on our team for 48 hours and has a had 1 walkthrough?

    And people wonder why our team sucks. This isnt a video game where you can just trade people and they can automatically fit together.

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    So what was the point in signing him if we're not gonna play him?

    Could have used the spot for Nate...
    I think we will be seeing more of Lin in the very near future...

  5. #20
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by insanity4289
    Really? You are complaining about a players minutes who has been on our team for 48 hours and has a had 1 walkthrough?

    And people wonder why our team sucks. This isnt a video game where you can just trade people and they can automatically fit together.
    So we can play Harrelson, Novak, etc. who haven't practiced much with the team, yet we can't give Lin a few minutes other than garbage time?

    At least he IS a PG. It can't possibly be worse than our situation now.

  6. #21
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Bump looks like most people thought he would be a good pickup.. smart fans!

  7. #22
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Knicks need another rookie for the dirty work. picking up sandwishes and water for the veterans. Waking pople up on roadtrips. Carrying bags etc etc..
    LOL. I'm hoping as I read on you took all this back...

  8. #23
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    LMFAO, almost made me spit up my drink, good one fam.
    LOL. Not as good as it seemed back then...

  9. #24
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    He'S basically the point guard version of Landry Fields.

    I saw him in action against the Lakers last season. He's a high energy guy and listens to the coaches. Obviously pretty intelligent and he plays with a lot of effort on defense.

    His level of talent however is very limited....he's turnover prone and his decision making is questionable. Not a great shooter either.

    It's no coincidence that he was released by the Warriors after a few games and didn't make it in Houston either.


    I'd have taken Marcus Banks, NBA veteran who's a legit second or third string PG, played in Phoenix under D'Antoni.

    I pray that we'll never see Lin and Fields together on the floor, that would be a nightmare of a backcourt.....
    LOL. MY goodness...

  10. #25
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Funny how some were on target and others must be eating crow right now LoL

  11. #26
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by shizzee
    Lin within 2-3 weeks will be ahead of Douglas. He is the asian Rubio with above avg defensive ability with playmaking ability. He will help Stat games alot.
    Shizzee vindicated? Hahahaha

  12. #27
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by joegti10
    I think we will be seeing more of Lin in the very near future...
    You called it bro... Green rep plus1

  13. #28
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by portega1968
    Shizzee vindicated? Hahahaha
    LOL I thought the same sh*t. I almost gave him rep for it because it's the only post I've seen of his that didn't involve some dumb fake trade scenario straight out of NBA 2K12. LOL

  14. #29
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Mmmm, he IS a turnover machine though. Although he has really good court vision, sometimes he makes his pass intents too obvious. Like...face palm status, which is why he has a lot of turnovers. That is the only qualm I have about him.

    I actually never watch the NBA, so my knowledge of basketball is pretty insignificant. Only started watching because of him so I'm only criticizing him in hopes that he will improve on that. =) If I'm wrong about him telegraphing his pass intent then sorry. I watch the NFL so maybe the ability to judge players translates a little? xD He seems to do this mostly near the paint, when it is packed, and he goes for a mid height/low pass.

    I'm a Jets fan so hopefully I picked a team that won't give me heart attacks (that minnesota game haha) to compensate.

    Go Knicks! A friend had his FB status as: Bandwagoners welcome aboard. But you must never ever get off. =)

    Guess I'm stuck. The Jets take years off of my life watching them, but I've stuck with them. I really hope I came at the right time with the knicks xD

  15. #30
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by haiKarma
    Mmmm, he IS a turnover machine though.
    Its because he plays too many minutes.

    Every game early, he racks up a lot of points and assists and doesn't turn it over.. where as later in the game, his assists go down and his turnovers go up

    We really do need a good back up pg we can get some quality minutes from so we don't wipe lin out

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2011, 13:17
  2. Replies: 255
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2010, 19:45
  3. Bucks @ Knicks 22/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2010, 17:39
  4. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  5. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •