Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knicks claim Jeremy Lin

Lurker

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    Its because he plays too many minutes.

Every game early, he racks up a lot of points and assists and doesn't turn it over.. where as later in the game, his assists go down and his turnovers go up

We really do need a good back up pg we can get some quality minutes from so we don't wipe lin out
    Ah thats what I read too, I guess fatigue can lead to bad decision making. I just read somewhere (you can tell I'm doing a lot of reading now since I don't know too much about the game in depth) that he has had a history of turnovers.

Just looked it up while writing this post:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't know what to make of it. Looks like he had on average 4 TO a game over his career.

There is this website bballbreakdown that I found and the guy said he is analyzing Jeremy Lin on Youtube by Monday afternoon. He did a video on Lin two years ago and was spot on. Lin has definitely developed since then which makes me excited since it means he can still improve.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by haiKarma
    Mmmm, he IS a turnover machine though
    When you play like him changing speeds, looking for teammates and taking it to the hole, turnovers are bound to happen. Some are missed reads with teammates (which will improve with chemistry) and others are from exhaustion. Others are for going too nutty. But its part of the package.

I recall having dudes like Iverson on my fantasy team and happy for the FGs, pts and FTs he would give me, but damn he would kill my stats with his TOs and FG%.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I pray that we'll never see Lin and Fields together on the floor, that would be a nightmare of a backcourt.....
    Last edited by portega1968; Feb 13, 2012 at 08:07.

Originally Posted by shizzee
    Lin within 2-3 weeks will be ahead of Douglas. He is the asian Rubio with above avg defensive ability with playmaking ability. He will help Stat games alot.
    HOLY **** Shizzee actually was right, does that mean we should start listening to him

NO

Glad I didn't say anything stupid before hand...

Man At least I can say I thought he was a good pickup. I had no idea how good of a pickup he would be....

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Shizzee vindicated? Hahahaha
    haha wow so he was the guy who said that. I was thinking about that post recently after Lin's amazing play.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    He'S basically the point guard version of Landry Fields.

I saw him in action against the Lakers last season. He's a high energy guy and listens to the coaches. Obviously pretty intelligent and he plays with a lot of effort on defense.

His level of talent however is very limited....he's turnover prone and his decision making is questionable. Not a great shooter either.

It's no coincidence that he was released by the Warriors after a few games and didn't make it in Houston either.

I'd have taken Marcus Banks, NBA veteran who's a legit second or third string PG, played in Phoenix under D'Antoni.

I pray that we'll never see Lin and Fields together on the floor, that would be a nightmare of a backcourt.....
    Just saw this, and I had to LOL inside at Marcus Banks over Lin Just goes to show that we can't judge a book by its cover.

Originally Posted by shizzee
    Lin within 2-3 weeks will be ahead of Douglas. He is the asian Rubio with above avg defensive ability with playmaking ability. He will help Stat games alot.
    This dude called it.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Knicks need another rookie for the dirty work. picking up sandwishes and water for the veterans. Waking pople up on roadtrips. Carrying bags etc etc..
    YUP. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE ENDED UP DOING. GOOD CALL BRO.

glad I was right with other posters on this thread knowing it was a good move to get him and that he was under rated.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I've never heard of Lin, everyone says he's underrated and hasn't got a chance yet, but I'm not really convinced. I'm not saying he's not worth picking him up, because I know both Rockets and Warriors were interested to keep him and they didn't really have the choice, but to waive him, but still, he's unproven and I don't get on what basis some users say he'll replace TD23 as our starting point guard.
    I should neg rep myself.