View Poll Results: For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Toney Douglas' Assist Total

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll

1 2.38%

2 4.76%

0 0%

10 23.81%

10 23.81%

12 28.57%

5 11.90%

1 2.38%

1 2.38%

0 0%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Knicks @ GS - 28 Dec, 10:30

Give it some time. This is still a new team. Knicks will be fine I'm sure of it. Also you can tell Davis is HUNGRY to get on the court. Once he's on Knicks will simply get better and better. We have the potential. We need the time.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Outrebounded by SIXTEEN tonight. SIXTEEN!

You cannot expect to win a game when you get outrebounded by that much it just doesn't happen.

No rebounding happened in this game. In the 4th quarter nobody made any cuts. The ONLY thing that happened for us on the offensive end was we'd get the ball, pass it around the perimeter, and then someone would either settle for a bricked jump shot or drive to the basket and turn it over.

Meanwhile the Warriors got 11 offensive rebounds. They took advantage of mismatches (such as Dorell Wright a 6'9 player with a career 36.5% 3-point percentage being matched up against Toney Douglas and Mike Bibby at times, seriously, come on, what the hell is up with that) and it looked like they drove to the basket at will.

This wasn't Golden State playing great defense, it was our team playing **** offense. Where the **** was that offensive genius that was responsible for the Phoenix Suns' success? Oh wait, his name is Steve Nash, he's still IN Phoenix, all we have is Mike D'Antoni, the guy who doesn't believe in boxing out.

Yeah.

EDIT: Oh, and one other thing. Jerome Jordan played for 5 minutes and he already did something that nobody else did. He rebounded (twice, one was an offensive rebound), and he drew a foul to get to the basket. Maybe he needs to be coaching the team.
    Good point. We got outbounded by the C's and the W's...not good. I guess we haven't felt Chandler's impact yet.

We have the worst backcourt in the NBA by far.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Making Stat primarily a perimeter player was a horrible idea. Its ok when hes hitting his shots but he doesnt have it tonight. Ill give him credit, hes showing some heart but for the most part he just doesnt know how to play defense
    STAT used to use his jumper as a last resort, when there was no space or motion.

And it was a deadly last resort.

We also didn't have Melo, so there was no reason to really consider him passing out much of the time.

2 games into a short season, so we will see how things go; but our guard situation isn't just bad, it's a metaphysical abomination.

Even ****ty benches on ****ty teams have actual NBA point guards and shooting guards.

Watching this backcourt, and particularly Douglas forced into the role of a starting PG and creator....is as awkward and pitiful and futile as watching an elephant try to **** a fly.

The combined effect it is having on neutering STAT, and having our great dane turn into a neutered miniaturized poodle overnight is extremely disheartening.

I'm sure STAT could adapt, also, and he doesn't necessarily need the motion and crevices of space that a real PG brings -- however, with the lockout, this accelerated season, and the effect of Melo (a dominant weapon, and the emotional/mental impact of that, too) it's going to be a real struggle and time crunch.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    This game was terrible, amare was horrible, fields was embarassing and tyson just kept hacking people, why was amare playong center? This is one reason why we cant win with mike d, how are we going to win if he cant nake adjustments? Douglas sucks at pg
    Dumbtoni has the best front court in the NBA and he can't design plays to get them open. There was NO ball movement or off ball movement, no designed plays and no defense when it counted.

This coach is full of excuses. His excuse is "we didn't play well". Bullcrap. We're gonna have these problems all season long as long as Dumbtoni doesn't call plays. Isolations, pick and rolls, and chucking up contested shots is Antoni's offense in a nutshell. He doesn't work the refs when Melo and Chandler keep getting called for tictac fouls. Get ready for a Schitty season, it's coming. Dumbtoni sucks and needs to be fired before we waste our stars in their prime on a coach that can't call plays to get his All Stars easy baskets.

wtf was that?????

7:30AM, time to make my breakfast, anyone else signs in for eggs and bacon?

3-13, 0-4 3pt, 13 pts total and only 1 point in the 4th. A team with two stars, a solid defensive center and nothing else but bench players can't win with that kind of performance from their "superstar".

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    3-13, 0-4 3pt, 13 pts total and only 1 point in the 4th. A team with two stars, a solid defensive center and nothing else but bench players can't win with that kind of performance from their "superstar".
    Our team looks BAD.

Honestly....I wouldn't be surprised if Davis is gonna be our best player.

I'm not gonna make a big deal about this loss but our starting pg situation needs to be addressed ASAP. TD is seriously throwing everything off. Dantoni gets the blame too for not calling any plays to help. Maybe he did call plays but they weren't creative to say the least.

Amare needs to rethink his offensive gameplan. The mid range jumper should be his 3rd weapon. I give him a small break on this since he's constantly forced to create his own shot. I was always lukewarm on TD but now I can say I'm no fan. He should be traded for a draft pick or a true sg or pg. (Minny?)

Default F*ck

Mark Jackson > Mike Antoni

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I'm not gonna make a big deal about this loss but our starting pg situation needs to be addressed ASAP. TD is seriously throwing everything off. Dantoni gets the blame too for not calling any plays to help. Maybe he did call plays but they weren't creative to say the least.

Amare needs to rethink his offensive gameplan. The mid range jumper should be his 3rd weapon. I give him a small break on this since he's constantly forced to create his own shot. I was always lukewarm on TD but now I can say I'm no fan. He should be traded for a draft pick or a true sg or pg. (Minny?)
    +1

I'd pry away Ridnour ASAP this season if we could. Even with The Baron coming back.

i) Ridnour would likely be our best starting SG if he was on this team (and certainly our best backup PG)

ii) He has a really nice, floor spacing 3pt shot

iii) It nips the potential crisis of signing a MLE-type PG after this season and Baron leaves right in the bud and gives us stability ongoing.

iv) He makes 4M/yr for the next 3 years or so; which means we may even be able to bring him aboard AND use our MLE then on a player like Wilson Chandler, versus being forced into using it on whatever PG we can get our mitts on.

v) Outside of nabbing Nash, he'd be the best PG for our team out of any potential 2012 FA PG's

edit -- could a Douglas, Jorts/Jordan, and a 2nd rounder do it?

This game sucked dick... Lack of defense.... no ball movement on offense.. everyone trying to do it themselves... just painful to watch.

Veteran

I think it was mostly about the Knicks' **** offense.

Seriously ALL THEY DID was sit around and watch shots fly up. That's it. This team needs to move the ball, they need to set good screens, call plays, and find a way to get a man open. We have two of the league's strongest and most athletic players and I saw but one or two successful drives to the basket in the fourth quarter and that's just pathetic. Even Jeremy Lin got the right idea in his last minute of play by trying to go to the basket, TD just ****ing stood there and chucked all damn day. The failed alleyoop pass to Balkman was downright pathetic.

And one other thing: STAT is far too young to say that he's a stretch 4. If he's a stretch 4, we might as well stop watching the Knicks cause STAT as a Stretch 4 is not winning us any championships or even a conference finals berth. This guy needs to step up his game and realize that he's probably the strongest and most athletic PF in the Game and PLAY LIKE IT! In his defense, though, he's had to create his own shot so much so far (Felton, though he was not perfect, at least had SOME point guard skills, Toney Douglas seriously has none whatsoever) that it's difficult to expect him to muscle his way to the basket past 2 or 3 defenders every single possession he gets.

Angry One of the worst attempts at the offensive end I've ever seen

I think it was mostly about the Knicks' **** offense.

Seriously ALL THEY DID was sit around and watch shots fly up. That's it. This team needs to move the ball, they need to set good screens, call plays, and find a way to get a man open.
    I basically screamed this all year last year. I could not possibly agree more.

I personally think we have one of the more preposterously **** offenses in the game, and it's ruining the output of our players.

There is no other offense that I have seen in this league, that is more predictable for opponents defenders, nor susceptible to chronic bouts of stagnancy.

It is absolute sh*t.

In his defense, though, he's had to create his own shot so much so far (Felton, though he was not perfect, at least had SOME point guard skills, Toney Douglas seriously has none whatsoever) that it's difficult to expect him to muscle his way to the basket past 2 or 3 defenders every single possession he gets.
    I agree with that, too.

Tyson Chandler

I pity the dude.

He is not capable of asserting himself in the horrible offense this team lumbered through tonight. He's rendered ineffective by STAT's immense shortcomings defensively.

Chandler will thrive off the precognition of SET PLAYS.

When we run isolation for STAT & Melo, literally everyone knows what is going to happen, so what to do as Chandler's man? Deny him an opportunity to be effective.

He is an opportunistic, hustle dude - like Fields - that is suffering - like Fields - under this morose offensive strategy - not that it merits the use of the word, strategy.

Carmelo Anthony

Absolutely pathetic. Disinterested sloth. The complete antithesis of opening night. WHAT THE **** WAS YOUR PROBLEM, Carmelo Anthony?

Toney Douglas

One dimensional - no rhythm in any sense of the word - potentially unintelligent

It was a shameful night for this team, and I don't understand what happened. I really don't.

Tomorrow's game is a shot at redemption. No point going any further until then. If there's a repeat (lack of) performance, ****'s gonna get messy.

By the way, did anyone call 2 dimes for the enigmatic Toney Douglas?