View Poll Results: For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Toney Douglas' Assist Total

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll

1 2.38%

2 4.76%

0 0%

10 23.81%

10 23.81%

12 28.57%

5 11.90%

1 2.38%

1 2.38%

0 0%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Knicks @ GS - 28 Dec, 10:30

Cool

I've got my eye on our guards and from the thread I made, I think you guys know why.

By upgrading this team as we did, we must now understand an increase in expectations. That said, I will no longer make or put up with excuses.

It was the players, the coach, the system, injuries, yada yada yada...

F*ck all that! Show and prove that you belong on a championship caliber team or else. My microscope will be fixated on our back-court. As of now we are basically among the worst defensive teams in the NBA- in terms of opponents fg%, rebounding, and points in transition.

Speaking of transition... we are involved in one right? We all know that the real issue we had was on defense right? So save the "its not a big deal" ****.

If this is a system anomoly... then revamp the f*cking system.

You know my mantra "REDUCE THE EXCUSE"!

One.
    Last edited by Red; Dec 28, 2011 at 17:16. Reason: BTW great job Crazy 8's

I forgot...

I think Bibby will probably run the point better than TD.

You know what I would love?

To challenge TD to record NO POINTS, and Double digit assists for a change. Just once, can this dude make others better and facilitate the offense... just once please.

I got Bibby for 7+ assists, and 10+ points.

Man, I've been thinking the same.
    Force TD to shoot ZERO jumpers in a game and still produce 20-25 points for the team.

Originally Posted by Red
    I forgot...

To challenge TD to record NO POINTS, and Double digit assists for a change. Just once, can this dude make others better and facilitate the offense... just once please.

I dunno, Douglas' tempo isn't very good either. I wouldn't mind Douglas only passing and trying to make plays for others, but, he's shown to only be a scorer.

Once isn't a lot to ask for though.

Melo dropping 50 tonight. You heard it first here!

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I dunno, Douglas' tempo isn't very good either. I wouldn't mind Douglas only passing and trying to make plays for others, but, he's shown to only be a scorer.

Once isn't a lot to ask for though.
    From what we know that **** sounds almost impossible right? We've watched this dude for years looking to fire. Fire Fire Fire... as if the green light was given, and probably was from MOA (duh!). And he's not the first player with the body of a PG and the mind of a sniper.

Put that question into perspective. Challenge or bet Toney to score zero but log over ten dimes, in this offense, and seriously...

the odds are you may lose. (SMH)

that inference is one of the most ridiculous things we can realize. This dude can't help but to shoot; and his coach enables him.

Originally Posted by Red
    From what we know that **** sounds almost impossible right? We've watched this dude for years looking to fire. Fire Fire Fire... as if the green light was given, and probably was from MOA (duh!). And he's not the first player with the body of a PG and the mind of a sniper.

Put that question into perspective. Challenge or bet Toney to score zero but log over ten dimes, in this offense, and seriously...

that inference is one of the most ridiculous things we can realize. This dude can't help but to shoot; and his coach enables him.
    Well, compared to Harrington when he was on the Knicks, he looks like he could lessen a lot of his shots and average ten assists LOL.

Well, that's why we have Davis and Bibby as Point Guards and MDA has to realice that TD should be backing up Fields. (I know I left Shump out)
    IMHO TD can play the 6th man role on a contending team, ala JET (without the pedigree)

About Shump, I know we all want a PG that fits our mold, but we cannot push it. We also need a backup 3, Shump could fill that void eventually. Yet he seems to be best fitted for the 2 spot. What is your take guys?

Originally Posted by Red

I don't really see the point of this, he doesn't often take bad shots and we know the dude can score. You can see when he brings the ball up he is not looking to shoot, he's looking to create and if he gets an opening he shoots the 3.

He has the ability to score so who cares if he shoots the ball? We know he is not a great passing PG those skills are simply not in his repetoire so challenge him to score 0pts 10 assists and he'll probably have 5 TO also.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    I forgot...

No doubt. Of course, if you don't think Douglas is charmin on D, Bibby is Charmin Extra-Soft, so.....

I'd expect Bibs to be a decent backup, quality spot up shooter with range, who can ice those surprisingly huge and clutch threes in big games. Not a bad guy to have on your team.

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    I don't really see the point of this, he doesn't often take bad shots and we know the dude can score. You can see when he brings the ball up he is not looking to shoot, he's looking to create and if he gets an opening he shoots the 3.

He has the ability to score so who cares if he shoots the ball? We know he is not a great passing PG those skills are simply not in his repetoire so challenge him to score 0pts 10 assists and he'll probably have 5 TO also.
    +1

Toney Douglas isn't Ricky Rubio, he is a scoring combo guard who can play some pesky D and who's energy and style can wreck havoc and positively effect game flow when he comes off the bench in timely spots.

I love how we do this with people like Douglas. It's akin to us having drafted Bismack B and then forcing him to jack up 10 jumpers a game and to not try too hard to focus on blocking shots. Or having Tyrus Thomas on our team and getting mad that he's not taking more jump shots and 3's to work on his stroke!

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    +1

Toney Douglas isn't Ricky Rubio, he is a scoring combo guard who can play some pesky D and who's energy and style can wreck havoc and positively effect game flow when he comes off the bench in timely spots.

I love how we do this with people like Douglas. It's akin to us having drafted Bismack B and then forcing him to jack up 10 jumpers a game and to not try too hard to focus on blocking shots. Or having Tyrus Thomas on our team and getting mad that he's not taking more jump shots and 3's to work on his stroke!
    Basically between TD and Melo they can just about create some nice offense. Problem is when we have only STAT on the floor without Melo. At this point we need either Shumpert or Bibby or Lin or whoever to distribute. When it's STAT and TD the offense becomes horribly stagnant, basically people looking for outside shots and STAT trying to find a way to the basket, which if shut down also ends up in a midrange shot (saw this multiple times against the C's).

When B Davis returns I hope we will play him with STAT the majority of the time. I love STAT but watching him be the playmaker is horrible!

Good point.

In the 2008-2009 season Nate got the starting job a couple or so games since Duhon was injured, and D'Antoni told him to play his game, which he did, he passed more, but he played his game. That's all we can ask for with Toney. Since he's not a decent PG, just don't shoot a lot, unless you're teammates are doing that bad.

Basically between TD and Melo they can just about create some nice offense. Problem is when we have only STAT on the floor without Melo. At this point we need either Shumpert or Bibby or Lin or whoever to distribute. When it's STAT and TD the offense becomes horribly stagnant, basically people looking for outside shots and STAT trying to find a way to the basket, which if shut down also ends up in a midrange shot (saw this multiple times against the C's).

When B Davis returns I hope we will play him with STAT the majority of the time. I love STAT but watching him be the playmaker is horrible!
    Oh yeah, it can be quite bad LOL. A lot of his shots near the basket look lucky too.

I don't have the NBA Channel to watch the game... Does anyone a stream I could use?