Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Fitness Thread

^ yeah but bro you're missing a ton of what I posted. I posted my exact diet in the post on the previous page, as you can see I only eat natural foods including wholemeal bread and pasta.

As I also said I do intermittent fasting, so I only eat between the hours of 12pm-8pm. Obviously I'm not eating 5-6 meals in that time.

My diet is balanced close to as best as I can get it with the foods I eat and enjoy, but it's carb light.

I'm already eating 1-2 bananas, 1-2 bowls of oats, 100g+ of pasta and 2-4 slices of bread in those 8 hours, I can't really include many more carbs as food, would weigh me down far too much.

Rough day:

8am - Coffee
    10am - Light Cardio
    12pm - Toasted Tuna Sandwich, Banana
    1pm - Oats, Protein Shake
    2pm - Workout
    2.30pm - Protein Shake, Light Cardio
    4pm - Oats
    6pm - Chicken, Wholewheat Pasta, Sauce
    7pm - Protein Shake, few spoons Peanut Butter

This adds up to roughly 170g Protein, 80g fat and 220g carbs. I'm about 20g light on fats and 20g light on carbs for rest days. On workout days I need to consume 470g carbs so getting the rest is difficult.

I understand where you're coming from but bear in mind I am a small guy and literally fitting much more food into my body is going to make me sick
    Last edited by smokes; Jan 11, 2013 at 17:26.

No worries sorry didn't know your stats and assumed you meant you were planning on eating 300-500g of pasta in one sitting.

Why is this thread buried?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Well my brother, Crazy8s has moved the Fitness Thread into the Video Archive forum where guest can't see the thread and moderators can't moderate it.

I think Rady can fit it for us to get the Fitness Thread back in the Off Topic section.

Special shout to Crazy8s, this dude doesn't like when I get publciity or attention, he wants it all to himself and he's been that way since day one. All the effort he's put into this forum was just to do,, I never had a problem with Crazy8 contributing to the forum but he's been insane about getting attention and anytime I get in the way he fights about. Keep in my mind this dude never had a debate worth remembering and he is about is glittering videos and game threads from who knows how many hours he puts into those.

You guys should know his agenda, he's keeping close ties to people on this forum because he's making a new forum in February. He's trying to sabatoge this site and have a site to himself because of course know, Crazy is crazy for attention.

This place will always be popping. You can't force people out of here, harass them in the PM's and desperately bring people to Crazy8s new site. Knicksonline been in existence for a decade, it has established and recognized members that has gotten a lot of people to register and talk **** to or co sign with. That was way before Crazy when forum traffic was higher than the times he flooded the forum with his glitter.

Anyway, Rady if you read this, we need the fitness thread back in the off topic section, guys really were using this thread as a resource, a lot more useful than Crazy8s glittermania threads.

why is this fitness thread now in the video section?

12th man

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    why is this fitness thread now in the video section?

Started working out in the gym this Sunday with my friend. It's a lot more fun doing it at the gym than at home and alone.

12th man

Definitely! Home is a lonely place with no energy to fed off from. Gym is filled with great people and *******s that have a lot of energy so it gets you going.

I can't wait to get back into my gym next week, I've been out with a severe illness.

Hope you get health quick, bro.

Have you been doing any exercises?

12th man

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Hope you get health quick, bro.

Have you been doing any exercises?
    In home jumproping, push ups, planks, ab workouts, kettlebells, shadowboxing.....very light stuff.

I know better to not rush my body back in my insane routine, I would just mess up my form and technique, gotta work on that again.

What you've been doing at the gym?

Have you tried front squatting? Did you ever like it?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    In home jumproping, push ups, planks, ab workouts, kettlebells, shadowboxing.....very light stuff.

I know better to not rush my body back in my insane routine, I would just mess up my form and technique, gotta work on that again.

What you've been doing at the gym?

Have you tried front squatting? Did you ever like it?
    My friend has me doing targeting different muscle groups every day. A few hours ago we did biceps and triceps. Definitely the toughest workout for me so far. After that we did legs.

I haven't tried front-squatting. I had to look it up. I used twenty pound weights holding them like I would a suitcase and did 12, 16, then jumping squats of 12. I used to hold weight above my shoulders, but I don't know what is the best for me now and I just started exercising good again so I wasn't going to raise it above my shoulders.

After the squats I did very little bike to make my to make my legs and knees feel good after the squats. Not much, don't want to do a lot of cardio as of now since I want to gain weight.

Squats are a badass workout.

just wanted to post in here that i was using this thread as a resource for fitness discussion.

hitting the gym again, getting into a shape that isn't "rotund"

been doing jump rope between sets to keep the heart rate up and work on hand eye coordination/improve my vertical.

RJ glad to hear you got into the gym man! it's a great environment to get pumped up and push yourself. Be sure to watch form videos for any heavy weights you want to move. An injury will set you back way more then taking 10 lbs off the bar to ensure good form. check out mark ripptoes 'Starting Strength' stuff for information on the big 3 lifts, which is a great place to start for weight lifting/strength gains.

BTW, what you described are dumbbell squats and jump squats. I find barbell squats easier to stay in good form but at 40lbs you should be ok to continue as you have been.

12th man

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    My friend has me doing targeting different muscle groups every day. A few hours ago we did biceps and triceps. Definitely the toughest workout for me so far. After that we did legs.

I haven't tried front-squatting. I had to look it up. I used twenty pound weights holding them like I would a suitcase and did 12, 16, then jumping squats of 12. I used to hold weight above my shoulders, but I don't know what is the best for me now and I just started exercising good again so I wasn't going to raise it above my shoulders.

After the squats I did very little bike to make my to make my legs and knees feel good after the squats. Not much, don't want to do a lot of cardio as of now since I want to gain weight.

Squats are a badass workout.

Good workout buddy.

I think I learned from when I first starting squating how much front squatting has helping out my regular squat. I won't be able to front squat as much as I regular squat, but it made my posture and technique so much more comfortable and allowed me to transfer a lot of weight, this guy explains it greatly if you take a listen

Looks like i'm gonna go to a newer "crossfit' style gym with a new trainer. Time to step it up. We're meeting on wednesday i'll report back here with what kind of a plan he comes up with for me.

After I get my car (long process) I'm gonna get back into fitness and diet...and hard.

Been wondering this a while, I've read you're supposed to mix up the order of your workouts every 3-4 weeks, are you supposed to mix up you're diet in any way too, such as the order or adding/replacing food with others?