Fitness Thread

metrocard

Legend
Damn that looks like it could go so wrong :lol:

Are you suggesting those for back/core replacement exercises? I could try it with my dumbbells.... Extremely carefully haha...

BTW, do you think 30min-1hr playing basketball 1 on 1 or just solo is suitable cardio? I'm not a big fan of running (knees again).

Kettlebells swings are great for your back and legs.

Cardio is non stop aerobic activity, but since you're trying to gain mass; playing ball would be fine. You just need 15-25 minutes of cardio.

metrocard

Legend
Some of my favorite fitness tidbits.

The benefits of being in excellent physical shape and helping others stay that way go way beyond monetary compensation.

Healthy does not mean healthful. Healthy is a condition. Healthful is a property. Vegetables aren't healthy, they are dead. No food is healthy, unless you have an eggplant doing push ups. Push ups are healthful.

The best four tips for losing fat are diet, metabolic resistance training, high intensity interval training and time.

When the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts.

Balance is the ultimate goal.

No health, No wealth.

Even when you're "too tired", get out there and exercise. Exercising helps to energize us, so you'll feel better afterwards.

Ab machines do not make you lose belly fat. Cardio and Strength training do.

Slouching while using cardio equipment will cause you to burn less fat.

Eating healthy will flatter your figure; increase energy levels, improve performance in sports, and create a happier lifestyle.

All diet sodas contain fructose, which cannot be broken down into energy, and is therefore stored as fat in the body

High intakes of sugar can increase the urinary excretion of calcium causing weakness in bones, and osteoporosis

Skipping breakfast can put your body into "starvation mode", causing your body to store your next meal as fat. Stop being a ***** and eat a big breakfast. Cereal or an egg sandwich isn't a complete breakfast, faggot.

Breathing correctly while exercising helps ignite the burning of fat

Eating healthy snacks during the day can help keep the your metabolism goin all day and help stop the urge to eat in the evening

Humans = plants; need an environment of soil, nutrients, sun. Humans are not selfgenerating; but are byproducts of their culture/environment

muscle adapts to what you do. If you don't use it, you lose it, we can change our dna by simply exercise.

smokes

Huge Member
All great bits of advice and philosophy, I've got a couple of questions about it.

All diet sodas contain fructose, which cannot be broken down into energy, and is therefore stored as fat in the body

I noticed you said a few pages back about how Powerade Zero a good drink, I don't see fructose on the label but what's the deal with this?

Skipping breakfast can put your body into "starvation mode", causing your body to store your next meal as fat. Stop being a ***** and eat a big breakfast. Cereal or an egg sandwich isn't a complete breakfast, faggot.

For the last few days I've been following a fasting plan where you pack your days worth of meals in between 12pm-8pm each day and fast for the other 16 hours. Tons of people I know swear by this for fat burning purposes.

metrocard

Legend
All great bits of advice and philosophy, I've got a couple of questions about it.

I noticed you said a few pages back about how Powerade Zero a good drink, I don't see fructose on the label but what's the deal with this?

For the last few days I've been following a fasting plan where you pack your days worth of meals in between 12pm-8pm each day and fast for the other 16 hours. Tons of people I know swear by this for fat burning purposes.

Zero is very good, well I've been drinking it for 4 years and it boost my energy and keeps my electrolytes flowing during a workout.

Well with fasting you're not doing your body any favor by eating at such a style.

I feel with the fasting it leaves your body hungry especially if you're working out. It does work for people, but I don't think its sustainable or maintainable because the body goes into starvation mode which is it's really important to keep your body away from that because once in starvation mode your body stores anything as fat, and it goes straight to belly, which takes months to get rid of. I'm just speaking on straight aesthetics here...hopefully OrangeBlogMan doesn't attack me for not focusing on strength.

Fat goes away with good exercise and consistency, what you is important and vital, but it's better to not put yourself through the starving. I mean if you wake up late like at 11AM then the 12PM-8PM is solid. Because I wake up at 6-7 AM and I normally eat from 8AM to 5PM

JoeBo21

Benchwarmer
hey metro,

I've always been tall and skinny. I'm 22 y.o. 6'3 150 lb with long arms (like a mini Durant lol)

I would really like to just gain some mass. The only equipment I have is dumbbells 20 and 25 lb and a pull-up bar

I think the biggest thing is my sleeping and eating habits are terrible so maybe you could help make a diet plan?

smokes

Huge Member
That's what confuses me about it, I've read about starvation mode where fat is stored if you don't eat enough... Then at the same time a LOT of people are saying this fasting method works extremely well for cutting fat.

I dunno, the fasting thing kinda works for me from the point of view that I've never been a huge breakfast person I'm never very hungry at that time of day, by 12 I'm super hungry and able to shove down a lot more food than I normally would at breakfast/lunchtime. So I actually eat more food in a shorter space of time.

Perhaps if you're eating the correct amount of calories the body is getting enough during the 8 hour stretch to keep it out of starvation mode. I have no idea, I haven't read the science behind it only that it's supposed to be super effective and a lot of people local swear by this method of eating.

metrocard

Legend
hey metro,

I've always been tall and skinny. I'm 22 y.o. 6'3 150 lb with long arms (like a mini Durant lol)

I would really like to just gain some mass. The only equipment I have is dumbbells 20 and 25 lb and a pull-up bar

I think the biggest thing is my sleeping and eating habits are terrible so maybe you could help make a diet plan?

Sure.

Try to have 5-6 meals instead of the old breakfast lunch dinner.

Breakfast for you will be your biggest meal.

1. Oatmeal or my personal favorite GRITS, banana, blueberries, nuts, 1/2 cup milk, and top with cinnamon
2. 2 French toast topped with warm blueberries, strawberries, and honey and top with cinnamon
3. EGG WHITE omelette with peppers, onions, and mozzarella cheese, and tomato on the side, 1-2 slice of toast
4. wheat english muffin with 1-2 teaspoon peanut butter and some bananas
5. KASHI GO LEAN CRUNCH cereal with Almond Milk and add cinnamon, a side piece of fruit
6. toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter and bananas, topped with cinnamon

2. Snack Time(this should be approximately two hours before your workout): banana (perfect fruit for enough potassium before your workout)

3. Pre Workout (30 minutes before you hit the gym)

Get a scoop of WHEY PROTEIN
Mix it in some Powerrade Zero, shake it up and drink up that protein

4. Post Workout (right after you finish, the sooner the better)
Whey Protein again, but this time add two scoops. (I'm giving you this method because it's been shown to give excellent results to people your size)

5. Snack (almonds or an apple)

6. Dinner (before 6 or 7 PM)
Steak, salmon, chicken breast, whatever your choice may be. Make sure it's a light portion

This is just a general meal plan guide. You have to take responsibility and make sure you hit the gym at a high level, this diet I'm presenting to you isn't for any slacking. You are a warrior to serve yourself, your body and your health. You're now in control of your destiny.

By the way, with the 20 and 25 pound dumbbells and pull up bar try this :

Pull Ups and Chin ups on

Monday 3 sets of 80% of your max on Pull Ups. 3 sets of 80% of your max on Chin Ups
Tuesday 2 sets of 80% of your max on Pull Ups. 2 sets of 80% of your max on Chin Ups
Thursday 3 sets of 80% of your max on Pull Ups. 3 sets of 80% of your max on Chin Ups
Friday 4 sets of 80% of your max on Pull Ups. 3 sets of 80% of your max on Chin Ups
Saturday 3 sets of 80% of your max on Pull Ups. 3 sets of 80% of your max on Chin Ups

I'll throw stuff for dumbbells later. My GF is texting me =\

?We first make our habits, and then our habits make us.? ? John Dryden

JoeBo21

Benchwarmer
Sure.

Try to have 5-6 meals instead of the old breakfast lunch dinner.

Breakfast for you will be your biggest meal.

1. Oatmeal or my personal favorite GRITS, banana, blueberries, nuts, 1/2 cup milk, and top with cinnamon
2. 2 French toast topped with warm blueberries, strawberries, and honey and top with cinnamon
3. EGG WHITE omelette with peppers, onions, and mozzarella cheese, and tomato on the side, 1-2 slice of toast
4. wheat english muffin with 1-2 teaspoon peanut butter and some bananas
5. KASHI GO LEAN CRUNCH cereal with Almond Milk and add cinnamon, a side piece of fruit
6. toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter and bananas, topped with cinnamon

2. Snack Time(this should be approximately two hours before your workout): banana (perfect fruit for enough potassium before your workout)

3. Pre Workout (30 minutes before you hit the gym)

Get a scoop of WHEY PROTEIN
Mix it in some Powerrade Zero, shake it up and drink up that protein

4. Post Workout (right after you finish, the sooner the better)
Whey Protein again, but this time add two scoops. (I'm giving you this method because it's been shown to give excellent results to people your size)

5. Snack (almonds or an apple)

6. Dinner (before 6 or 7 PM)
Steak, salmon, chicken breast, whatever your choice may be. Make sure it's a light portion

This is just a general meal plan guide. You have to take responsibility and make sure you hit the gym at a high level, this diet I'm presenting to you isn't for any slacking. You are a warrior to serve yourself, your body and your health. You're now in control of your destiny.

By the way, with the 20 and 25 pound dumbbells and pull up bar try this :

Pull Ups and Chin ups on

Monday 3 sets of 80% of your max on Pull Ups. 3 sets of 80% of your max on Chin Ups
Tuesday 2 sets of 80% of your max on Pull Ups. 2 sets of 80% of your max on Chin Ups
Thursday 3 sets of 80% of your max on Pull Ups. 3 sets of 80% of your max on Chin Ups
Friday 4 sets of 80% of your max on Pull Ups. 3 sets of 80% of your max on Chin Ups
Saturday 3 sets of 80% of your max on Pull Ups. 3 sets of 80% of your max on Chin Ups

I'll throw stuff for dumbbells later. My GF is texting me =\

?We first make our habits, and then our habits make us.? ? John Dryden

This is great man, thanks a lot!

I definitely have some grocery shopping to do. Is there a certain whey protein you recommend?

Also, if I can't get to a gym, can I do enough with the dumbbells and pull-ups if I add running and maybe plyo during the week?

metrocard

Legend
That's what confuses me about it, I've read about starvation mode where fat is stored if you don't eat enough... Then at the same time a LOT of people are saying this fasting method works extremely well for cutting fat.

I dunno, the fasting thing kinda works for me from the point of view that I've never been a huge breakfast person I'm never very hungry at that time of day, by 12 I'm super hungry and able to shove down a lot more food than I normally would at breakfast/lunchtime. So I actually eat more food in a shorter space of time.

Perhaps if you're eating the correct amount of calories the body is getting enough during the 8 hour stretch to keep it out of starvation mode. I have no idea, I haven't read the science behind it only that it's supposed to be super effective and a lot of people local swear by this method of eating.

I have to go back to my textbook for a reference, so I will get back to you on this. It's an interesting topic to discuss. The results are real, and I believe you can achieve some progress with that type of dieting, but as a trainer and a student of exercise physiology, I do have concerns on what you may put your body through. Hopefully I can return back with an article that can interest you.

This is great man, thanks a lot!

I definitely have some grocery shopping to do. Is there a certain whey protein you recommend?

Also, if I can't get to a gym, can I do enough with the dumbbells and pull-ups if I add running and maybe plyo during the week?

Not a problem.

I normally go to GNC to get the 100% Whey Protein GNC Pro Preformance. That's because I'm an athlete and a trainer, but ask the guys at GNC personally for yourself because you're trying to gain mass, size, and improve your strength and overall health. I don't take much supplements and get most of my protein from food, but the Whey will definitely boost you up and help your muscles recover and develop into larger muscles through the hypertrophy process...so it's really in your hands to decide which one is best for you, I don't want to recommend what I take personally for myself.

I read that Myotein is the best one by far.

Recognized as the ?Perfect 10 Protein Powder?, Myotein is the highest-rated protein powder that?s ever been available. Myotein has everything you need to turn stored energy into rock-solid muscle mass! Myotein is the ONLY protein powder designed with 6 proven muscle-enhancing proteins including: Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolysate and concentrate, Micellar Casein, Colostrum, and L-Glutamine. Why is Myotein such an effective protein supplement? Myotein?s advanced 3-stage time release technology provides superior absorption, digestion, and protein shuttling to provide nutrients at the exact time your muscle needs them!

Fortified with a Muscle Ripping Complex, Amino Acid Shuttling System, and Muscle Recovery Compound, Myotein has set the gold standard in the protein industry. Say goodbye to filler and preservative packed proteins because Myotein contains the highest quality proteins, muscle ripping compounds, and even a great milk chocolate or vanilla flavor to help you build and maintain lean muscle mass.

I recommend it because it's low in fat. (only 1G)

Yea, the dumbbells...I'm gonna write up a quick 4-6 week program for you this weekend, I just gotta do my research, I gotta studying to do tonight and sleep for boxing tomorrow so I should have it hopefully by saturday. I put a lot of thought into these programs, so I'll give you my best work.

JoeBo21

Benchwarmer
Yea, the dumbbells...I'm gonna write up a quick 4-6 week program for you this weekend, I just gotta do my research, I gotta studying to do tonight and sleep for boxing tomorrow so I should have it hopefully by saturday. I put a lot of thought into these programs, so I'll give you my best work.

Sounds good no rush.. it'll give me time to pickup some stuff

smokes

Huge Member
Ok so I've been reading up a bit more on the intermittent fasting stuff, there does seem to be a good amount of benefit to it.

In regards to starvation, as long as you consume the correct amount of calories within the 8 hour window and are consistent with doing so, your body will not retain fat.

I've been going hard out to calculate my diet correctly, as it seems if you don't do it reasonably precisely there's not much point. Having your diet out of whack even a little can seriously impact gains and performance. So this is how I've worked things out.

I use this calculator http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

For my weight/height it suggests:

Rest day: 150g protein, 220g carbs, 90g fat (2350~ cals)
Workout day: 150g protein, 470g carbs, 70g fat (3150~ cals)

The diet I've worked out for myself is this (rest days):

1 OR 2 Bananas (25g carbs)
1 OR 2 Serve Oats (6g protein, 25g carbs, 2.5g fat)
2 Slices Bread (4g protein, 14g carbs, 1g fat)
70g Tuna (17.5g protein, 1g fat)
1 Serve Light Mayo (3g carbs, 10g fat)
100g Chicken Breast (25g protein, 5g fat)
100g Wholewheat Pasta (13g protein, 57g carbs, 2.5g fat)
1 litre Low Fat Milk (35g protein, 50g carbs, 15g fat)
2 Serve Protein Shake (50g protein, 3g carbs, 3g fat)
4 tbsp Peanut Butter (20g protein, 8g carbs, 40g fat)

170g protein, 210g carbs, 80g fat - slightly off, I don't think being 20g over on protein matters at all but I'm slightly off on carbs/fats...

So I have 2 important questions for nutritional experts...

Does consuming less fat matter if I'm consuming those cals as protein?

How can I add a lot of carbs to my diet without having to eat too much more (this is already a lot of food for an 8 hour window, at least for me). I need to add +250g of carbs on workout days, but keep protein/fat in the same ballpark.

Currently my exercise schedule is as follows:

Rest days (Sat/Sun/Tue/Thur): 2 x 30 minutes basketball shootaround
Workout days (Mon/Wed/Fri): 2 x 30 minutes basketball shootaround + weights

Weights: 3 sets x12 Bench, 3 sets x12 Pushup, 3 sets x12 curl, 3 sets x12 squat, 3 sets x12 overhead press, 3 sets x 12 lunge

Any feedback appreciated.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
170g protein, 210g carbs, 80g fat - slightly off, I don't think being 20g over on protein matters at all but I'm slightly off on carbs/fats...

So I have 2 important questions for nutritional experts...

Rest day: 150g protein, 220g carbs, 90g fat (2350~ cals)
Workout day: 150g protein, 470g carbs, 70g fat (3150~ cals)

Any feedback appreciated.

I've been going to gym for 3 years now and am not far from competing in my 3rd natural BB show, just incase you wanted to see my rough credentials.

Try wholemeal pasta, loaded with carbs, about 125g of the stuff is about 440 cal, fairly high in protein (15-20g) and about 90g of carbs (need to check individual brands though.

Other good options are brown rice and sweet potato. Other vegetables don't have a lot of carbs but if you have a vegetable with each meal that gets you passed the recommended 5 a day and might add 50-100g of carbs. Hope it helps.

Also, if your wanting to gain mass and have trouble doing so, eat something between 2750-3000 calories on rest days. You won't get fat by doing this. Keep cardio to a minimum max 2 times a week for no longer than half an hour.

And it's crucial to remember your diet is a 7 day a week business, many are tempted to be relaxed about their diet on weekends but if you really want to gain weight, stick to it. 2 poor diet days can honestly set you back nearly a week worth of hard earned progress. Good luck and hit us up for any answers if you have more questions or hit a problem.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
For muscle hypertrophy, 2-3 sets per exercise were more effective than 1 set, but there was no significant difference between 2-3 sets per exercise and 4-6 sets per exercise.

Krieger JW (2010). Single vs. multiple sets of resistance exercise for muscle hypertrophy: a meta-analysis. J Strength Cond Res. 24(4):1150-9.

Single-set programs for an initial short training period in untrained individuals result in similar strength gains as multiple-set programs. As progression occurs multiple-set programs were more effective.

Wolfe BL, LeMura LM, Cole PJ (2004). Quantitative analysis of single- vs. multiple-set programs in resistance training. J Strength Cond Res.18(1):35-47.

Rhea et. al. also compared one and three sets in recreationally trained individuals for the Bench Press and Leg Press. A statistically significant difference in strength gains was found favoring 3 sets in the leg press (p < 0.05, effect size [ES] = 6.5). However, only a small but statistically insignificant difference in strength gain was found for the bench press (p = 0.07, ES = 2.3).

Rhea MR, Alvar BA, Ball SD, Burkett LN (2002). 16(4):525-9. Three sets of weight training superior to 1 set with equal intensity for eliciting strength. J Strength Cond Res.

Active Recovery

Light activity between sets can improve recovery. In a study conducted at University of Kansas, subjects completed six sets of squats (85% 10RM) with 4 minute rest periods between sets. Rest periods consisted of either sitting quietly (passive recovery) or cycling at 25% or 50% of VO2max (active recovery). Blood lactate was significantly lower when cycling at 25% of VO2max compared to the other two types of rest periods. Following the initial workout, the 25% VO2 recovery group continued to perform more repetitions to exhaustion (65% if 10RM) compared to the other two recovery groups. Also see Dodd (1984).

Corder K, Potteiger J , Nau K, Figoni S, Hershberger S (1998). Effects of active and passive recovery on lactate, RPE, and performance during resistance training. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 30(5), Supplement abstract 194.

metrocard

Legend
Changing exercises for a muscle group every workout is not necessary and may, in effect, not allow optimal neurological adaptation. In other words, you may be left with very few options in restimulating progress for future workouts if your are doing all the exercises in the book for a particular muscle group (see less is more).

In addition, it becomes difficult to make incremental progress if you change your exercises every workout. Sticking to a program, or a group of selected exercises, for a longer time will decrease your chance of injury because you'll be more familiar with your limits regarding load and volume, and it will make it easier to practice and maintaining good form. Your muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, vascular elements and neural-motor units respond favorably with small increases in duration and intensity.

For beginners, the best exercises are those they are comfortable in performing. For more advanced trainees, the most effective exercises are those they are not as familiar with. For continued relative gains, keep an exercise in your training routine for four to eight weeks. After which, exchange your workout with another basic exercise for each corresponding muscle group.

I'm presenting this to you so you can get an idea of how I'm going to make the program for you @ Joe.

metrocard

Legend

Week 1-6:

Mondays:
Bodyweight Upper Body: High Intensity
1. push ups: 5-6 sets of 70% max (if your max is 30 do 21)/90 seconds rest
2. pull ups
BWWideGripChinup.gif
: 4 sets of 70% max/90 seconds rest
3. dips
BWChestDip.gif
4. Chin ups:
BWUnderhandChinup.gif
4 sets of 70% max/90 seconds rest
Training Lower Body: High Intensity
1. overhead dumbbell squat
images
2. Single Leg Split Squat
DBSingleLegSplitSquat.gif
: 4 sets of 70% max /90 seconds rest
3. burpees (google it) 4 sets of 70% max/30 seconds rest
Core
1. plank cycle
plank.gif
: 3 sets of 2 minute regular planks into 30 seconds of side planks
side-plank.gif
on each side = total 3 minutes 1 minutes rest in between
2. bicycle crunches: Four sets of 40 reps bicycle crunches

Tuesdays:
Weight training Lower Body: Low intensity
1. shoulder press with dumbbell lunge(1:37 in the video): 3 sets x 10 reps x 70% of 1RMax 2 min rest
2. single leg deaflift: 3 sets x 10 reps x 70% of 1RMax 2 min rest
3. dumbbell swing
0111body_dumbbell_swing.jpg
: 3 sets x 10 reps x 70% of 1RMax 2 min rest
Upper Body:
Core:

Wednesdays: REST on the weight training, Cardio(15-30 minutes).

Thursdays:
Strength Upper Body: Low intensity
1. Dumbbell curls
DBCurl.gif
: 3 sets of 10 reps 2 minute rest
2. Dumbell reardealt row
DBRearDeltRow.gif
3. Arnold Press
DBArnoldPress.gif
Plyometric Lower Body: Low intensity
1. Squat jumps with dumbbells across your chest: 3 sets of 10 reps 2 minute rest
2. Split Squat Jumps: 3 sets of 10 reps 2 minute rest
3. Burpees: 3 sets of 10 reps 2 minute rest
Core:
1. plank cycle: 3 sets of 2 minute regular planks into 30 seconds of side planks on each side = total 3 minutes 1 minutes rest in between each set
2. bicycle crunches: Four sets of 40 reps bicycle crunches
Fridays:
Strength Lower Body: High intensity
1. squats: 3 sets x 10 reps x 70% of 1RMax 1 min rest
2. dumbell lunges: 3 sets x 10 reps x 70% of 1RMax 1 min rest
3. deadlift with dumbbells: 3 sets x 10 reps x 70% of 1RMax 1 min rest
4. Front Squat 3 X 10

Upper Body
1. diamond pushups: 4 sets of 5-8 reps/30 seconds rest
2. explosive push ups
explosive-pushup-2.jpg
: 4 sets of 5 reps/30 seconds rest
1a. Triangle Pull Ups 4 x 5
2b. Regular Pull Ups 4 x 5
3. Dumbbell Row Row 5 x 8
4a. Shrugs 3 x 12
5b. Face Pulls 3 x 12

Week 7-12
Coming up....

But this is just a general program, you can add this to stuff you're already doing. It's really the most I can do since Im not able to take your measurements and give you a fitness test.​

smokes

Huge Member
I've been going to gym for 3 years now and am not far from competing in my 3rd natural BB show, just incase you wanted to see my rough credentials.

Try wholemeal pasta, loaded with carbs, about 125g of the stuff is about 440 cal, fairly high in protein (15-20g) and about 90g of carbs (need to check individual brands though.

Other good options are brown rice and sweet potato. Other vegetables don't have a lot of carbs but if you have a vegetable with each meal that gets you passed the recommended 5 a day and might add 50-100g of carbs. Hope it helps.

Also, if your wanting to gain mass and have trouble doing so, eat something between 2750-3000 calories on rest days. You won't get fat by doing this. Keep cardio to a minimum max 2 times a week for no longer than half an hour.

And it's crucial to remember your diet is a 7 day a week business, many are tempted to be relaxed about their diet on weekends but if you really want to gain weight, stick to it. 2 poor diet days can honestly set you back nearly a week worth of hard earned progress. Good luck and hit us up for any answers if you have more questions or hit a problem.

Thanks for the suggestion bro but as I said, I need to add roughly 250g of carbs which would be 300-500g of pasta, there is no way I can fit that into my body.

I'm thinking something like fruit juice, or maybe I'll even just have to get a carb replacement drink...

Don't know whether fruit juice is suitable since most of those carbs are sugars.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I got a car loan so I'm getting one very soon, so it's gonna be tough going to the gym and getting the diet for me. I'm still getting a new camera and laptop too since I want to be a photographer. Hopefully I can figure out a way to add in the gym and diet into this.

JoeBo21

Benchwarmer
Metro, you're the man

Ima start Monday.. whens the best time of day to start and how long of a break should I have before doing core?

metrocard

Legend
I got a car loan so I'm getting one very soon, so it's gonna be tough going to the gym and getting the diet for me. I'm still getting a new camera and laptop too since I want to be a photographer. Hopefully I can figure out a way to add in the gym and diet into this.

I'm trying a new routine where I wake up at 5AM and start my workout at 5:30 and finish at 7AM. I do boxing later and maybe another workout, but I religiously believe morning workouts are good for active people like yourself.