Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness Thread

It's gripping the nation. You gotta realize guys at the turn of the last century, all they knew was the thick bar. It is this modern idea to lift with a thin, easy to grip bar. Switch everything to thick bar work and watch your arms and hands crush heads of enemies.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran

Fat grips are a worthy addition to a training program.

Fat grips are not essential, and aren't a "miracle". Sorry to say.

Nobody has some out of control strength, but weak hands and grip that negate it .

The only ppl who do, are people who aren't really that strong (ie someone who just benched a lot and got real good at the bench).

When you train hard and right, your grip strenght and hand strength will invariably go up, in unison, as you progress.

When you lift and throw around heavier weight, your hands and grip get trained.

Surely, supremely strong hands and wrists are a plus -- especially if you are a fighter, for injury prevention purposes. But you can train your hands, grip, and wrists with a couple mini workouts throughout the week, and get great results.

You don't need a fat bar. I like fat bars, though, and probably will buy one soon. I feel I can lift more weight with them, as it increases my body-weight connection.

Same reason I train (and run) in a pair of Adidas Adipiures.

Isayughh, i agree that grip strength goes up with lifting bigger weights but there seems to be some kind of a disconnect as I deadlifted 300 yesterday and my back isn't very sore. I feel like it I used straps/chalk i would be able to lift significantly more and get that "pump" but I don't want to get into using "crutches" for my lifting.

There are plenty of exercises to do to increase grip strength though, So i am going to start incorporating those to try and get my deadlifts up to snuff. I should be pulling closer to 400 based my my leverage and squat strength.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

p0nder Im going to get back to you with additional methods for your program, I just been caught up with new clients, a new work schedule and boxing training.

I don't think I'm ready for my fight on the 11th =[

What should I do ?

BTW, I measured at 7% body fat yesterday, trying to get it down to 5.

Eat/sleep/breath the fight, break down any tape on the guy, barring that break down other classic fights in your weight division. Envision your win. close your eyes and visualize the fight as it's going to go down, round by round, blow by blow. imagine what you'll do in the corners, on the ropes, with your feet, with your jab, with your defense. Most importantly visualize how you are going to feel after you win this fight. Own that feeling. go into the ring with that feeling fresh in your head. You can't lose. You can only win. you must dominate and fight your fight. Game theory demands that you implement your game plan immediately and do not deviate. Believe that you will win and you WILL.

Go to 2-a-day training if you haven't already, eat like a ****ing BEAST (chicken breast all day....beef jerky for snacks). 5% is kind of low for a lot of athletics. Many ball players i know do better at a higher %. You may be better served fighting at 7-10%.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the program, I understand that life is hectic. I'm gone to the beach for a week anyways today, so I won't be implementing any weights until at least the 13th now. So sand sprints and body weight stuff while i'm out there. Bit of swimming too because cold north atlantic water makes men out of boys and beasts out of men.

Good luck with the fight Metro! I know you are gonna kick some ass!! GET IT!

12th man

Thanks brother. I was training like crazy all weekend to found out the guy called out of the fight. I'm still going to train like I have a fight on sabado.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    good thread metro i was thinkin about startin one of these...i see alotta other forums with them

lmao @ snackin on nuts all day

maybe you can post some exercises to help kologero reduce his man boobs

Im 5'11 156pds....when i graduated high school i was only 132

I weigh more now but i still got really skinny arms...im tryin to build up my biceps. I workout everyday..i do 50-60 push ups, im doin chin ups now, liftin weights, and taking creatine. What excersises can I do to get bigger biceps?
    Wow Im 145 now but alot stronger and faster. I feel way better at this weight, i must have been chubby. Smh at myself for weighing that much, my weak ass was probably curling 25 pounds at that time too

Im gonna neg rep my old account

12th man

Your at a very lean weight my brother.

I've done P90X and had good results. Now I'm doing Insanity and getting pretty cut. One problem though, I have a lot of lower back soreness from Insanity. Anyone try this program and had the same problem? Any suggestions to help alleviate lower back soreness, or will this eventually go away as Insanity's primary focus is core strengthening and intense cardio?

Veteran

My gf did P90x, a lot of her friends have done Insanity. I coached her through a lot of her workouts.

They are definitely quality, but injuries can be very common when people do them. You aren't alone.

It sounds like you aren't sore in the "good" way. The lower back itself is a muscle group which can and should be trained, and you will feel sore (dead lifts, supermans, back extensions, etc).

It's really vital to have a strong lower back, too, for overall health and injury-prevention.

It is a typically neglected muscle; often times, especially in reasonably strong/fit people, you are much stronger in the primary muscle groups, and your fitness in these areas really outweighs the oft-neglected areas (lower back....but also, to throw it out there: neck, wrists/hands, core).

My guess is: you've been working out hard, making good progress, and are able to vigorously train within a program that has a very high intensity level (and is scalable: ie, if you train like a mad man, the workout will be very intense/high level...but also you need to be able to handle that intensity + style of training).

I have no idea how bad this back issue is/isn't.

But I would actually scale back on the core workouts, as this may well be what is causing the lower back issues -- a strong core is great for the lower back (it's part of it), but it can also cause lower back pain if your lower back isn't up to the task (even if your primary core musculature, and overall physicality, can handle the workout load).

Wait until the pain/soreness goes away, and start up slowly with the core routines, and make sure you add in lower back exercises (supermans, back extensions)...idk if Insanity includes those or not already.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Your at a very lean weight my brother.
    The Hitman KingStarbury Hearns

started metro's cardio program yesterday, heading into the gym again now for a LDT (its raining out).

did 23 minutes of HIIT training yesterday, looking forward to a more leisurely pace today. I'm not lifting today either so it'll be a nice rest day activity.

I'm losing weight again. I was 129 yesterday. Guess I have to manage to eat at least six times a day, rather than the three-four.

I started adding jumping squats with the ladder about two weeks ago. It's crazy.

Veteran

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I'm losing weight again. I was 129 yesterday. Guess I have to manage to eat at least six times a day, rather than the three-four.

I started adding jumping squats with the ladder about two weeks ago. It's crazy.
    Are you trying to lose weight, or is that bad thing?

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Are you trying to lose weight, or is that bad thing?
    Trying to gain.