Fitness Thread

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
In home jumproping, push ups, planks, ab workouts, kettlebells, shadowboxing.....very light stuff.

I know better to not rush my body back in my insane routine, I would just mess up my form and technique, gotta work on that again.

What you've been doing at the gym?

Have you tried front squatting? Did you ever like it?
My friend has me doing targeting different muscle groups every day. A few hours ago we did biceps and triceps. Definitely the toughest workout for me so far. After that we did legs.

I haven't tried front-squatting. I had to look it up. I used twenty pound weights holding them like I would a suitcase and did 12, 16, then jumping squats of 12. I used to hold weight above my shoulders, but I don't know what is the best for me now and I just started exercising good again so I wasn't going to raise it above my shoulders.

After the squats I did very little bike to make my to make my legs and knees feel good after the squats. Not much, don't want to do a lot of cardio as of now since I want to gain weight.

Squats are a badass workout.

p0nder

Starter
just wanted to post in here that i was using this thread as a resource for fitness discussion.

hitting the gym again, getting into a shape that isn't "rotund"

been doing jump rope between sets to keep the heart rate up and work on hand eye coordination/improve my vertical.

RJ glad to hear you got into the gym man! it's a great environment to get pumped up and push yourself. Be sure to watch form videos for any heavy weights you want to move. An injury will set you back way more then taking 10 lbs off the bar to ensure good form. check out mark ripptoes 'Starting Strength' stuff for information on the big 3 lifts, which is a great place to start for weight lifting/strength gains.

BTW, what you described are dumbbell squats and jump squats. I find barbell squats easier to stay in good form but at 40lbs you should be ok to continue as you have been.

metrocard

Legend
My friend has me doing targeting different muscle groups every day. A few hours ago we did biceps and triceps. Definitely the toughest workout for me so far. After that we did legs.

I haven't tried front-squatting. I had to look it up. I used twenty pound weights holding them like I would a suitcase and did 12, 16, then jumping squats of 12. I used to hold weight above my shoulders, but I don't know what is the best for me now and I just started exercising good again so I wasn't going to raise it above my shoulders.

After the squats I did very little bike to make my to make my legs and knees feel good after the squats. Not much, don't want to do a lot of cardio as of now since I want to gain weight.

Squats are a badass workout.

Good workout buddy.

I think I learned from when I first starting squating how much front squatting has helping out my regular squat. I won't be able to front squat as much as I regular squat, but it made my posture and technique so much more comfortable and allowed me to transfer a lot of weight, this guy explains it greatly if you take a listen

p0nder

Starter
Looks like i'm gonna go to a newer "crossfit' style gym with a new trainer. Time to step it up. We're meeting on wednesday i'll report back here with what kind of a plan he comes up with for me.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
After I get my car (long process) I'm gonna get back into fitness and diet...and hard.

Been wondering this a while, I've read you're supposed to mix up the order of your workouts every 3-4 weeks, are you supposed to mix up you're diet in any way too, such as the order or adding/replacing food with others?

bigapple

Starter
Herre u have Robert from Lituania resident in Vegas and wife polish but borned in USA.

i dont know if translation will be active

p0nder

Starter
I just signed up for a "Spartan Dash" race that is happening in my city near the end of the summer. Its like a giant obstacle race with rope climbing, crawling through mud, jumping over walls onto platforms, etc. looking forward to it. Started training for this now. I have a lot of work to do if I hope to post a good time. Thoughts on work I should be doing?

metrocard

Legend
I just signed up for a "Spartan Dash" race that is happening in my city near the end of the summer. Its like a giant obstacle race with rope climbing, crawling through mud, jumping over walls onto platforms, etc. looking forward to it. Started training for this now. I have a lot of work to do if I hope to post a good time. Thoughts on work I should be doing?

let me know how this went.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Thanks. I'm doing Madcow's 5x5 routine right now (http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm) and if things go well, I hope to be deadlifting 350 pounds within the next 2-3 months. I think I'm getting a lot closer to my genetic limitations, and it doesn't help that I'm currently in China and can't make my own meals that are higher in protein, but if I can get my Deadlift to 350, my Squat to like 250, and my bench press to 200, I'll be pretty strong. Then I change to a mass building routine. Then I cut weight. Then I look sexy.

Hopefully.

p0nder

Starter
@Metro:

I missed the spartan dash, then did the MUD Immortal a little later in the year (september) It was a **** show of an organization. the obstacles were poorly constructed and the whole thing was totally missmanaged to the point where the promoter is being sued on multiple cases and the local law enforcement is looking into bringing fraud charges against him...

The Spartan dash was a LEGIT event and i totally missed it and hate myself for wasting my time on MUD immortal but thems the breaks. I'm Signed up for the Spartan Dash this coming year already so i know that i'll have a better experience....

metrocard

Legend
yo p0nder, I'll hit you up on Facebook with stay up date on your progress on the upcoming Spartan Dash. I'm leaving the site because theres too much bias mods and admins that won't let you hold a discussion or even make a thread.

Peace and shout out to everyone reading this Fitness Thread.